SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2006, 11:19 AM

Looking at an SVX next Saturday

(Long time lurker, first post)

I am going to look at a nice 94 red SVX next weekend. I already had a Suby tech check it out and he found a few leaks and gave me the price for repairs. Other than that, the radio CD player is dead and there is a few paint chips here and there. The CARFAX report was clean, too. I had a few questions:

1. Wheels: With the unusual offset, what are some pretty light wheels that people have? Tirerack is being no help. Are the stockers pretty good?

2. Parts: There are a few online places that sell stuff, but my mechanic was a little worried for me. Are there any interchangeable parts with more common Subies?

3. Mods: I plan to go pretty stock, but *maybe* an exhaust update. If I were to replace the cats (header-back exhaust) with a single cat (there are two or three, right?), would I set off any CELs? Or should I just change out the muffler with a magnaflow and be happy?

4. I was setting my plans for a bit of maintenance but I couldn't figure out (via the net) if there are separate diff fluid changes for the front and center diffs. On my STi, the front, center, and tranny are all essentially one unit.

Thanks, and I'm sure I'll have more questions later. This car is purely for fun and to add to my Suby collection. Maybe to/from work, too. I just wanted to date an "exotic Italian - Japanese" without angering my wife...