How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2010, 05:59 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Finally picked up my 96 SVX. Temp gauge moves around a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
Trevor, kindly refer to reply #12?

#12 is exceptionally nice!

(I call a spade a spade and a turd a turd)

A clue... no need to try to count them, Trevor, they are numbered.

Keith

The question mark after "Trevor, kindly refer to reply #12" has no meaning but was inserted because I never comply with people telling me what to do, especially when they cuss when doing it???
Please Keith,

You have incorrectly referred your reply to me, beneath a quoted post by Huskymaniac, while simultaneously using your spade to turn over your turd.

I have been kind and complied with your request.

N.B. Post #12 reads ---Assuming the leak is exhaust-into-coolant. Is that the most common type of leak for an SVX?

The replies. --- #13: “I do not know what is the most common type of failure for the headgasket. I can say that mine was both oil into coolant and coolant into oil, though.” #14: “If it were causing an overheat, and since he didnt mention huge puddles of coolant underneath his car, id assume it would be..... as its also the most common type of HG leak anyways. Ive only seen about 50 test kits turn yellow on Subarus... which is why I recommended the stuff.” All of these replies are also ---

Replies continue: #15 Another stupid by “kwren”, notably this time negligently devoid of a question mark! --- “ Maybe you pretty much already described it.” Also this by “kwren” #16: --- “It is a basketball team, not the animal. I know that a fluctuating temp gauge is a sign of headgasket issues but I would think the needle would go from normal to warmer not from cooler to normal."

Exactly where has there been any association with, or reference to your post reading. --- "The gauge is not going to cause the radiator to lose coolant."

Your outbursts continue to annoy and have now reached a point where the degree of stupidity surely proves senility. You are now definitely rattling your dags/turds.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Please Keith,

You have incorrectly referred your reply to me, beneath a quoted post by Huskymaniac, while simultaneously using your spade to turn over your turd.

I have been kind and complied with your request.

N.B. Post #12 reads ---Assuming the leak is exhaust-into-coolant. Is that the most common type of leak for an SVX?

The replies. --- #13: “I do not know what is the most common type of failure for the headgasket. I can say that mine was both oil into coolant and coolant into oil, though.” #14: “If it were causing an overheat, and since he didnt mention huge puddles of coolant underneath his car, id assume it would be..... as its also the most common type of HG leak anyways. Ive only seen about 50 test kits turn yellow on Subarus... which is why I recommended the stuff.” All of these replies are also ---

Replies continue: #15 Another stupid by “kwren”, notably this time negligently devoid of a question mark! --- “ Maybe you pretty much already described it.” Also this by “kwren” #16: --- “It is a basketball team, not the animal. I know that a fluctuating temp gauge is a sign of headgasket issues but I would think the needle would go from normal to warmer not from cooler to normal."

Exactly where has there been any association with, or reference to your post reading. --- "The gauge is not going to cause the radiator to lose coolant."

Your outbursts continue to annoy and have now reached a point where the degree of stupidity surely proves senility. You are now definitely rattling your dags/turds.
Trevor, You put yourself in much higher esteem that you merit.
Not every comment is for you. Most responses are for the sane folks!

Keith
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Good on you for calling a spade a spade. I have been watching this thread with concern and am pleased that you have relied on common sense and have not become wrongly influenced.
Only thing wrong with this statement so far is that you haven't a clue what the problem actually is, Trevor. You are just like Obama... Keep your eyes on your "teleprompter" Never say anything that could be mistaken for substance.

Keith
Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Only thing wrong with this statement so far is that you haven't a clue what the problem actually is, Trevor. You are just like Obama... Keep your eyes on your "teleprompter" Never say anything that could be mistaken for substance.

Keith
(N,B. I carry on this dribble only because the text has become so stupid that it now has a humorous aspect, which probably means that it is providing general entertainment.)

Hooooray Keith. ---

Desperate, you have searched diligently from way back and have dragged up substance in the form of post No. #38. “Senility” is surely going back and forward endlessly, in the hope of discovering an opportunity to again become a fool. The problem is that in an effort to remove the substance, sly abbreviation of my the post is proven. Not honest. Not nice.

I have no qualms about being compared with the president of the US.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
I have no qualms about being compared with the president of the US.
I rest my case!

Keith
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I rest my case!

Keith
We can all now thank Obama for that!

Old 08-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
When you fill and then run, how do you avoid the coolant from spilling all over the place as it expands? I didn't have the front end of my car raised today but as soon as the engine started to warm up, the coolant started to rise.
Hey, guys, if you are done feuding, can one of you take a crack at my question?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

GREAT NEWS GUYS! It looks like the Subaru temperature sender fixed the problem. The gauge went to the middle (just a little below) and stayed there. I even climbed a steep hill and accelerated up it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the old sender just drifted out of specification. Assuming the gaskets are indeed fine, I am going to try and avoid or push out a future problem. I have switched to Pennzoil high mileage oil and I plan to put some of the Subaru coolant conditioner in the overflow tank so it can work its way into the system. Both should help keep seals and gaskets conditioned and sealed. I also tend not to drive my cars hard so the car has that going for it.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:40 PM

Registered SVX

Was your car fully warmed up during your test on the hill? If yes, then things would appear promising for you. Here is to hoping you are the exception and not the rule.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Was your car fully warmed up during your test on the hill? If yes, then things would appear promising for you. Here is to hoping you are the exception and not the rule.
Yes, it had been idling for quite a long time at the garage and then I took it on "city drive" for about 5 miles. The hill is a short one but very steep.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Hey, guys, if you are done feuding, can one of you take a crack at my question?
Sincere apologies Huskymaniac.

As is clearly recorded, my intent all along has been to prevent you from jumping to conclusions suggested by several, and therefore rush into spending money needlessly, by immediately assuming head gasket Failure. It is sincerely regretted that my efforts in this regard, have been continually rudely obstructed.

Thankfully, throughout you have shown good common sense and understanding and as a result, apparently have not been unduly effected.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
It is sincerely regretted that my efforts in this regard, have been continually rudely obstructed.
Trevor, Is this pity party private or is it open to all?

I will check back tomorrow for your response...

Keith
Old 08-13-2010, 05:17 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest

Use a tight fitting radiator funnel, it will contain the rising coolant in the funnel. Use a wrap or two of electrical tape around the funnel to make a tighter seal if necessary. You will end up spilling some when you remove the funnel to put the cap on. Make sure to remove the funnel and put the cap on while it's still running.

I would avoid the Subaru HG juice, just like other HG fixes it could block small passages and disrupt proper flow.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:24 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest

Keith and Trevor, there is a wonderful Private Message feature on this board. You can continue to harass each other privately without subjecting the rest of us to your nonsense...
Old 08-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
I will check back tomorrow for your response...

Keith
Please don't, there is no need continue these types of posts. Let it go and move on.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007