Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: New proof of Global warming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
This is for Joe. (probably not real current but still appropriate)

If this doesn't tug at your heart strings, nothing will!! We've all seen the faces of those ravaged by floods in Sri Lanka and New Orleans. This "award winning" photograph of floods in Ireland captures the horror and suffering there. Keep these people in your thoughts and prayers.

Must be caused by global warming.

Lee

Heh heh, those guys look more like Eastern European, but I'll take it on the chin like a man.

I can see you won't be convinced till there is serious flooding in New Mexico, so I don't mind waiting a year or two.

Actually you are obviously not following current Irish news Lee. We have had flooding in major towns in the West and South of Ireland since last Thursday. And the floods are continuing.... It's caused by the heaviest rainfall since Nineteen Twenty something, but of course nobody suspects it has anything to do with global warming or Polar ice or stuff like that.

We blame the Met office for not varying the forecast enough.

Joe

Floods in Ireland
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 11-23-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:38 PM

Registered SVX
Re: New proof of Global warming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Howdy Trevor

Thank you, I'm pleased you see my point about sustainability.

I meant no more in my remark about BS other than I am no more swayed by it than you are I would say. I prefer facts to rhetoric or emotional embracing of a cause.

Facts are scarce in relation to long term climate swings when recorded meteorological data and indeed scientific study only goes back a couple of hundred years. This lack of evidence should actually lead to caution when we are loading the atmosphere with CO2 at a measurable and unprecedented rate. The opposite applies.

We'll blame the Chinese [for wanting to be as developed as and as well off as and such heavy energy users as us!] and we'll blame anything rather than moderate our usage patterns.

'Tis a dangerous game we play. If we want to put scepticism to good use then we should be selective about what scientific evidence holds weight. I would find highly dubious anything coming from scientists aligned with or paid by Energy suppliers. To me it would appear that the majority of objective analysis indicates the start of a warming pattern and yesterday wouldn't be soon enough to start changing emissions policy.

Joe
Thanks Joe,

It certainly is heartening to read within the forum, well written, valid text which contains logic. This has now become a rare experience across all sections of this site.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!