Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-18-2001, 08:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Multi-Subaru family!

My wife just bought her first car and is now very excited to no longer be vehicle-dependent on her parents.

Tomorrow her dad is delivering the 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon that he found in North Carolina. After the weekend, he's driving home his Explorer.

So now we'll be an all-Subaru family, including the cat. We named her Maia, after one of the stars in the Pleiades constellation - you know, the one on the Subaru emblem.

The Legacy sounds great. I guess it's in really, really nice shape and has a mere 125k miles on it. Granted, in a year or so she's going to want to trade it for a Beetle, but for now we'll have all Subarus. She is excited about the AWD, though.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-18-2001, 11:11 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

All Subaru family. Nice ring to it.

Wife and I went out and drove a WRX yesterday, and I must say that, except for the seats (WON-DER-FUL!) we were not impressed. 'Course we drove an automatic - that wouldn't downshift coming out of a hot corner - so that mighta made a difference.

We also drove a 3.0L H-6 L.L. BEAN Outback and were seriously impressed (except for the seats - go figure), but at 30+K a whack I'm afraid it'll have to wait a while.

Hmmm. After re-reading this post, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to guess my age.

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 07-18-2001, 11:31 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
WRX report

Just got my new Autoweek in the mail, and they fell all over themselves about the WRX. The biggest complaints were (1) turbo lag and (2) long braking distances. Theirs got 0-60 in 5.82 seconds. Of course it was a stick. Seems you have to keep upwards to 3000 rpm for the turbo to kick in....then it is supposed to go like stink.
I am still looking forward to MY first test drive. My local dealer has 3 but only one is a stick (black/17"BBS/Bridgestone Potenza RE011). I would have dropped by sooner, but I just don't want to hear "ready to trade your SVX yet?" when I'm so far from my medicine cabinet... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-18-2001, 11:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Two WRX Family

Did anybody (who gets the Drive mag) see the couple that BOTH bought WRXi.

She has a wagon (didn't know they made that!) and he has the sedan. Both are, of course brand new.

Must be nice.
Old 07-18-2001, 12:34 PM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
All Subaru family. Nice ring to it.
I've started calling our house the "Subaru Ranch"

Mr. Pockets, I think you'll really like the Legacy. I couldn't bear (no Randy, not "bare") to trade ours in when we got the Impreza - I think the trade-in value was around $1,500-2,000. Not nearly what it's worth to me - probably the most trouble-free car I've owned.

The new Impreza is a very SOLID car - and the 2.5 engine feels very strong to me. I was originally all heated up for a WRX Sportwagon - still like them - but couldn't see the $5,000 premium I would have had to pay over the Outback Sport . . . or waiting another 1 to 2 years for a used one.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-18-2001, 12:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxxx26
Mr. Pockets, I think you'll really like the Legacy.
I've driven many a Legacy and always liked them. I'll be much happier to have the wife drive it than the Explorer...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-18-2001, 12:52 PM
Habesha

My fiancee is already dying for a Forester when we get married. Unfortunately, she said I have to stay away from it I think she was worried that I would turn it into an Aerospec or something... Personally, once I finally *get* an SVX (instert rant here, followed by wailing and generaly depression), I don't plan on driving anything else (well, that is, unless I can afford converting a Legacy GT into a B4 Blitzen)
Old 07-18-2001, 09:20 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Re: Multi-Subaru family!

I'm not sure which trim/year the Legacy had the air suspensions, so as long as your new one doesn't have it, I think it's a keeper.

Congrats.

VK
92 SVX
00 Legacy GT Wagon (replaced a 95 Legacy FWD)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
My wife just bought her first car and is now very excited to no longer be vehicle-dependent on her parents.

Tomorrow her dad is delivering the 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon that he found in North Carolina. After the weekend, he's driving home his Explorer.

So now we'll be an all-Subaru family, including the cat. We named her Maia, after one of the stars in the Pleiades constellation - you know, the one on the Subaru emblem.

The Legacy sounds great. I guess it's in really, really nice shape and has a mere 125k miles on it. Granted, in a year or so she's going to want to trade it for a Beetle, but for now we'll have all Subarus. She is excited about the AWD, though.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:33 PM
KEVINL

We have to many Scoobies in our family

we have

92 SVX-T
92 SVX
91 legacy turbo
98 legacy GT wagon
99 RS-T

Btw Its my 200th post