Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 09:19 PM

Thanks Jason CB2 the rescue

Thanks for the CB Jason I don't think i will have much use for one when i am carless in manila. Do you want to meet up at Eden Gardens just before the turn off to the M2- on Lane Cove Road. Actually you might already be on the M2 at this stage- perhaps it will be easier to meet at the start point

Cheers,
Moshol
Old 01-31-2006, 09:26 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshols vx
Do you want to meet up at Eden Gardens just before the turn off to the M2- on Lane Cove Road
I will be passing there on my way to the M2 - meeting there is a good idea!

There is less chance of us getting lost if we travel together!

Let me know what time you want to meet there!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 02-04-2006, 03:08 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
MEGA DRAMA!
On Friday night as I pulled into my drive, my engine stopped and all the lights went out.
turning the key just gave me the clicking sound
I pulled the caps off the battery and the acid was fairly low, so topped up the fluids and put the battery on charge for a few hours overnight.
Was a bit worried when I could see no sign of bubbling, but the engine started this morning (Sat), so I headed off for my days' flying.
About 10 klm short of the field, my dash lights went dim and the engine started missing again (just as I was going to give a Nissen GT what for...)
Called a mate at the field, who brought a spare battery so I could finish the trip.
When we checked, we found the alternator was not putting out any charge.
So here I am stuck out the back of Camden with a fully booked day of students, a flat battery, a stuffed alternator and a big drive day tomorrow. :wail:
One of my Junior Instructors (a good engine guy) suggested that we charge the battery all day, try to drive home before dark, and he would follow me so when the battery went almost flat, we could stop and swap batteries, me using his battery to jump start his car with now my flat battery, which he would recharge as driving home.
Once home we would swap batteris back and re-jump start his car with his now flat beattery using the wife's car.
So off we went, and ended up driving all the way home without swapping!
As a contingency plan, I now hope to join the drive and stop at the Narrellan 'Super-Cheap'and get a starter booster, a new battery and some good jumper leads.
So, how far will I get?
Watch this space..........
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 02-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Mr Soob

Due to SVX-unrelated circumstances, I won't be able to make it to the cruise. Please accept our apologies
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 02-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Well i had a great day, even though i did not drive, Big thankyou to Arther whom was the Only SVX representitive i caught up with for the day..... i spotted Jason flying up picton road as we were on our way back down into wollogong for the afternoon, sorry i missed ya buddy (your car looked imaculate as always )

As for the fundraiser and raffel out of 100 or so WRX's and 10 or so "other subaru models" we cleaned up the prizes , I won a bottle of Injector cleaner a couple of friends won clatex fuel cards and the main prize a car fridge!, I think we did alright considering our minority (none of us drive wrx's) haha, im sure those rexy boys wernt so happy

Thankyou once again to the three SVX's that made an appearance

Cheers,
Jake

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 02-05-2006, 04:40 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

Sorry to have missed it. All was set to go- day was cleared, mate was organised to come, ......until a middle of the night stomach bug came a visiting. The rest is best left out. Hopefully there will be a next time. Cheers Mark.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:11 PM

Cricket

Hi Jason, Arthur & Jake

Sorry we bailed at Bowral- i didn't realise Chris was so keen to get to the cricket on time or i would have come alone. As it turned out someone didn't turn up so i attended my first cricket match- it was really fun! (and lengthy, 2:15-10:30 in the same stadium seat!)

Update on my car sale- i'm getting it fixed up when i'm o/s so i will come home to a like new svx which has been in storage for the year yeehaa.

Thanks for the radio yesterday Jason, once again sorry i bailed at Bowral and i'll bring some aaa batteries for you next time

Cheers, Michelle
Old 02-06-2006, 01:08 AM

Registered SVX
The photos that I took have been uploaded!

..........I only uploaded the photos that had an SVX in them somewhere...!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?JDW-SVX|33574

Jason.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:16 PM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Yay for a drive!
Pretty much the same tour we did, which James organised way back when.
Some of the back streets were a Hoot down past Picton, and the 'Pie Shop' stop at Robertson was a good idea, but I'm still not sure going down Jambaroo is much fun in the SVX although this time I still had some brakes left by the time I got to the bottom!
I was afraid that with so many cars we would become a travelling traffic jam, but fortunately various parts of us got lost and helped to break down the congestion.
Was a little disappointed in the lack of control some of the younger guys had over their egos' (Am I getting OLD!!?) with one particular little WRX having a deathwish in continually passing cars (slowly I might add!) across double lines and towards blind curves and crests!
As for my electrical dramas, I followed my above plan (although shopped at Wenty Supercheap) and bought a new battery and a jump start pack, then teamed up with Jason with the idea of using his car to recharge my dead battery while i proceeded to flatten his swapped one with my alternator-less car.
Over the course of the 395 klm's travelled, we swapped three times, so you can get about 100 K's from a charged battery, in day time, with no radio/stereo or air.
Having Monday off, I was able to do a run around a get another alternator.
Things I found were... Brookies are a bunch of crooks and wanted about $440 for an SVX alternator (although they did offer 6 months warrentee?), I could get a second hand Liberty alternator for about $80, but would have to modify the plug and pack the pulley out a bit, but in the end found an compltete imported front cut and got the alternator for $120 !!
(I don't know if I want to tell anyone where it is in case I want some more bits!)
And now, a picture, courtousy of Jason, renamed by me.
Arthur.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glitz&Glamour.jpg (148.2 KB, 190 views)
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:55 AM
MisanthropyV

DAMNIT!!!!

When did this all happen?

I would have loved to go on one last cruise before i sold my baby...
Old 02-07-2006, 03:10 PM

Registered SVX
You should visit the forums more often..................!

Jason.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:26 PM

Oops

Oh dear

A man ran into the back of me this afternoon- i feel sorrier for him than me though. The barina that caused it all by coming to a complete stop in the middle lane when the bus in front of them stopped in the outside lane merrily cruised on oblivious to the carnage they caused. I slammed on my brakes and managed not to hit them and glanced in my mirror and bang....bang.....3 cars.

The guy that hit me had a brand new Lexus on loan as his was being repaired and the person that hit him was in a commodore. The Lexus came off a lot worse than my svx rear end as the front of it kind of went under my bumper and made his bonnet bend up and bumper hang off. oh well! what can you do...?

I like the pic of me cleaning my back to front wheel Jason!
Old 02-12-2006, 04:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...-SVX/33582.jpg

does someone have their wheels on backwards....
Old 02-13-2006, 05:03 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
thats looks like a yes

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 02-13-2006, 05:40 AM

Faster

Have you heard of aero dynamics!!!!!????

I'll beat you all with my new wheel trend.