Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 07:34 AM
KCROGUEDOG

elect grem 2

while i was installing my screen my dash dim lights went out and the clock and i cant find a fuse for them. i pulled all fuses and they are good? how do i get these to work again so i can see in the dark when it comes. those are the only two things i noticed. and pushing down the dr side door lock stoped locking the pass door too.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:40 PM
KCROGUEDOG

help is good i really want my gauge lights back. it has some thing to do with the dimmers. i get lights in gauges like ce light and all others in the lower section also the gear selection is lit up. but the tach and speedo and clock do not work. i installed a screen in the dash and cut both dimmers and hooking them up to head unit dont work. they were cut at the old double din radio and cd. is there other fuses for this? how to attempt to fix?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:00 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Did you check the dimmer on the stick on the wheel? I often knock that around on my Legacy and come to the dark places yelling "WTF" when I can't see my gauges
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 07-12-2005, 06:30 PM
KCROGUEDOG

yeah first i thought that but then it didnt work. clock dont work. temp keeps reseting it self. first turn (notch) for rear wipers dont work. but all other turns do. i cut the dimmers from my radio when i installed my dvd screen and didnt hook them back to the screen. i did pull out and try to hook them up thinking every thing would come on and work again but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. sorry fustration. what fuse would run this? in the radio install guide www.geocities.com/svxdc/AudioInstall-2.htm it says they are on some relay.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 AM
KCROGUEDOG

k i found my problem. fuses i checked them to. in daylight and now in a little dark i found them. weird but my clock fuse under the hood was bad and my tail light one inside was bad. i had tons of stuff not working. i didnt notice till it was all back on. yeah it took a cop to pull me over to finally dig back into the problem. pig. but its all good.