Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by PatrickB

since he has no computer I have no idea how to get ahold of him.

Quote:
Originally posted by huck369
Not really jumping ship....none of them said they would be there, just that they might be able to make it...and as for Crash's name...I know it...but can't think of it....oh yeah, it's Tony, his number is 386-1827, give him a buzz and see if he's up for it!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-18-2004, 10:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatrickB
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I MISSED IT
Old 08-22-2004, 10:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Okay, guys. Where are we meeting? What time? Who's got the best biscuits and gravy for breakfast? Etc.

I'll be rolling into Somerset Friday night 'round 10:00 p.m. local time. Will be spending the night at my buddy's house, so, I'll be ready any time.

Just detailed Patience's interior today -- took me ALL DAY! I wasn't going to get anal, but, it didn't take long 'til I was back in the house looking for toothpicks and cotton swabs. I also switched out the ashtray portion of the console. The place where the door meets the rearmost part of the console was torn. I had acquired another console (THANKS HARRY N.) at Reading IV and just got around to making the switch. She's all purdy inside now.

The exterior is filthy (they've been building shoulders on one of the roads I take to work and Friday, it was muddy as he77). Didn't get around to washing her today -- will do that before the meet, though.

I'm terribly disappointed that I'll have to present her in her state of "Clearcoat Leprosy." It looks pretty nasty. I tried wetsanding the side panel just under the L/R window (the clearcoat is coming off in flakes), and had it "passable" for a while. Then, I just had to go further and sanded the darned paint off on a small patch. GRRRRRR. The spoiler looks nasty as well as the top of the car (all black parts ) but, hopefully, my Stepson can hook me up with his buddy who works in a body shop in Bowling Green, but does "work on the side" for friends. He has had to do work on my Stepson's Camaro and does excellent work. He may even have some paint left over from working on my Stepson's car (it's black ).

Anyway, I'll be there, unless something happens -- let me know da plan. Can't wait!

Oh, and Huck -- my buddy says that the SVX I mentioned to you a few weeks ago is STILL there -- they're mowing around it.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Well, here is the plan, unless someone wants to change it…I’ll be available all day, my numbers are, Home 606-677-0994 and Cell 606-305-5045, anybody that needs to wash their SVX before the meet can do so at my house if they want (get to see my herd of Subies that way :wink: )
And Randy, Amon’s has a pretty good and cheap breakfast (where I’ll probably eat), but Shoney’s has the breakfast bar and they have good Biscuits and gravy too.

The Car show starts parking cars at 2:00 pm EST, I figure everyone should be here by then, so I figure we’ll head in about that time. If everyone gets here early enough, we might do a short drive somewhere…if anyone wants too….Bring your lawn chairs…

Directions to my house:

From Louisville:
Take I-64 east to hwy 151, turn right at end of ramp, take 151 to Hwy 127 south, take 127 into Danville, KY (take the 127 Bypass at Danville) 127 will turn right at Danville DO NOT TURN RIGHT, go straight, this will now be Hwy 150, take 150 into Stanford, then turn right onto Hwy 27, take 27 all the way to Somerset.
Once in Somerset, turn left at Hwy 80 (Light #3), take 80 east to the 5th light (Hwy 914) turn right on 914, then left at the 1st light (Hwy 192) then a couple hundred yards turn on the 1st road to the left (Hwy 692) go about 1 ½ miles where you’ll cross a bridge, once you cross the bridge, you top the hill, and there will be a subdivision on your right(only Subdivision on 692), turn right into the subdivision, then turn on the first road to the right, and I’ll be the first house on the left (with all the Subaru’s parked around it )

From I-75 North
From North I-75 take the Renfro Valley exit(exit #62 I think), come across Hwy 461 to Hwy 80, turn right, then go to the 1st light (Hwy 914) turn left on 914, then left at the 1st light (Hwy 192) then a couple hundred yards turn on the 1st road to the left (Hwy 692) go about 1 ½ miles where you’ll cross a bridge, once you cross the bridge, you top the hill, and there will be a subdivision on your right(only Subdivision on 692), turn right into the subdivision, then turn on the first road to the right, and I’ll be the first house on the left (with all the Subaru’s parked around it )

From I-75 South
From South I-75 take the 2nd London Exit (exit # 41), come across Hwy 80, then go to the 1st light (Hwy 914, NOT the caution light at 461) turn left on 914, then left at the 1st light (Hwy 192) then a couple hundred yards turn on the 1st road to the left (Hwy 692) go about 1 ½ miles where you’ll cross a bridge, once you cross the bridge, you top the hill, and there will be a subdivision on your right(only Subdivision on 692), turn right into the subdivision, then turn on the first road to the right, and I’ll be the first house on the left (with all the Subaru’s parked around it )

Or just call me when you get into Somerset, and I'll meet you somewhere to lead you back to the house.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"

Last edited by huck369; 08-24-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:34 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

And Randy, Amon’s has a pretty good and cheap breakfast (where I’ll probably eat), but Shoney’s has the breakfast bar and they have good Biscuits and gravy too.

Or just call me when you get into Somerset, and I'll meet you somewhere to lead you back to the house.
I'll be about two minutes from your house, where I'm staying. Wanna meet at the C-Store (where we met the first time) and head out for breakfast? If so, what time do you wanna meet?
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-23-2004, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'll be about two minutes from your house, where I'm staying. Wanna meet at the C-Store (where we met the first time) and head out for breakfast? If so, what time do you wanna meet?
2 MINUTES.....Where are you staying?
Get you buddy to give you specific directions to that SVX and i'll go check it out....PM me the directions...

As for breakast, just tell me when you want to go and I'll get ready in time...I usually go between 8-9 on Sat. (like to sleep a "Little" later than I do during the week ) so just let me know, or call me that morning....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-23-2004, 03:03 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:

2 MINUTES.....Where are you staying?
Get you buddy to give you specific directions to that SVX and i'll go check it out....PM me the directions...

As for breakast, just tell me when you want to go and I'll get ready in time...I usually go between 8-9 on Sat. (like to sleep a "Little" later than I do during the week ) so just let me know, or call me that morning....

I like to sleep a LOT later, but, I'll sacrifice for the cause.

I'll give you a shout somewhere near 8:00.

Jim lives on Evergreen Drive (okay, may be more like 5 minutes, but, I remember, it's close to where we met )

If I recall, he said the car was at the corner of 39 and 80 (does that make sense?). I'll double check.

See ya satiddy.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-23-2004, 07:34 PM

OK, I rode the bike out 39 tonight, I saw the car he's talking about.....
It's not a SVX, it's a Eagle Talon...white with a black roof...I knew I'd have seen it before now if it had been an SVX...I take it your buddie isn't a Subie-holic like us....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-23-2004, 08:54 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
OK, I rode the bike out 39 tonight, I saw the car he's talking about.....
It's not a SVX, it's a Eagle Talon...white with a black roof...I knew I'd have seen it before now if it had been an SVX...I take it your buddie isn't a Subie-holic like us....

Nope, he's not a subie-holic. And, he'll never hear the end of being mistaken. Just like the co-worker who made the mistake of calling my Spitfire (I miss that car) an . . . . MG!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-24-2004, 05:27 AM

hehe....he deserves to hear about it from now on.....

On another note, I just edited the directions from Louisville, I had a left turn where it should be a right...so if anyone has printed them out already, ....print a new copy...the edit is in red...
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-24-2004, 05:44 AM

huck u got a lift we can put my svx on? i don't wanna see the damage but i gotta :P nothing new is wrong just wanna see if we got a bunch of oil and what is making a big bunch of popping in the suspension. I guess we will also see if my car is still gonna act up with the new thermostat (we will defiantly know by the time i get there). anywho i have some extra chairs i could bring well atleast one. I am hype on meeting everyone. anything else i need? I was thinkin a cooler with some drinks would be a good treat for everyone. I hope the weather is good!

-Patrick
Old 08-24-2004, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PatrickB
huck u got a lift we can put my svx on? i don't wanna see the damage but i gotta :P nothing new is wrong just wanna see if we got a bunch of oil and what is making a big bunch of popping in the suspension. I guess we will also see if my car is still gonna act up with the new thermostat (we will defiantly know by the time i get there). anywho i have some extra chairs i could bring well atleast one. I am hype on meeting everyone. anything else i need? I was thinkin a cooler with some drinks would be a good treat for everyone. I hope the weather is good!

-Patrick
Patrick,
I do have access to a lift, over at my father-in-laws, we can raise it up and check it out there, so try to get down here by 10-11 so we'll have some time to check it out.
A cooler with some drinks in it would be a good ideal, but remember this is a dry county...don't know if they'd allow alcohol at the show...so you might want to fill it with sodas...
Did you get a hold of Crash? and if so is he going to be able to come down?
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-24-2004, 11:29 AM

Quote:

Patrick,
I do have access to a lift, over at my father-in-laws, we can raise it up and check it out there, so try to get down here by 10-11 so we'll have some time to check it out.
A cooler with some drinks in it would be a good ideal, but remember this is a dry county...don't know if they'd allow alcohol at the show...so you might want to fill it with sodas...
Did you get a hold of Crash? and if so is he going to be able to come down?
I have tried several times to reach crash left him a voice mail however no response. I planned on being ther at 10-10:30 leave my house at 8am. I assume you are an hour behind thought which may put me there earlier heh. If so I will leave at 9am my time. The drinks will be strickly soda pop. I am not a drinker. I do wish crash would follow has i am just not convienced my car will make it everywhere i need it too.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 AM

Patrick,
We're on Eastern time here, just like Louisville

If you're here by then that should be plenty of time to check it out.

I hope you can get a hold of Crash, as I'd like to get as many SVXes here as possiable...
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-24-2004, 07:01 PM

i drovei my car again huck i dunno if i will be coming it sounds like something in the brakes clanging the car is stopping fine however. I will give to a local mechanic here and have him inspect what the noise is. the car starts and idles perfect and sounds great at idle. there is a defiantly a oil leak in the car i dunno how bad it is however but i found one. this car is doing nothing but making my ulcars worse. good thing i haven't sold my mx6 yet.