Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 07-09-2003, 06:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Question Sydney Meet - 26 July????

David, the proud new owner of a green 1996 SVX with 40,000km (yes, not a typo!) will down in Sydney from Qld for the week 21-26 July 2003 and is keen to meet up.

Also, the Australian Liberty B4 owners group, is now aware of our little band and, as the owners of an equally exotic/rare FHI product, have raised the possibility of perhaps a joint meet at Vaucluse House.

So......

a) who would be free for something on 26 July 2003

b) who would be interested in a larger meet at Vaucluse House (say, 4-5 weeks from now so that everyone can get organised???)

Thoughts/comments/feedback most welcome

Oh....Blake and I are going to see two wrecked SVX's on Saturday here in Sydney if anyone is interested (one is Countess's)

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-13-2003, 05:18 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
G'Day All,
Boy, it never rains, but it Pours! I think I need about another two days in the week just to do all the things that are coming at me
I'm busily trying to build my new plane, while restoring my SVX, while teaching my club's students how to fly, while trying to rebuild one of our club aircraft and now a guy up the coast wants me to teach him how to fly his new ultralight.
I think there's a wife in there somewhere that wants some attention too
As for a get together on the 26th, that's a Saturday, which is my instructing day (Sunday could be alright) so I may have to miss this one, but with enough notice, I may still be able to do the Vaucluse thing if it's on a Sunday.
SVX update, having a problem with rough running still, awkward to diagnose because it's not consistant
It now seems to go rough once the engine has warmed up, much as I hate to abuse an engine, when cold, it has good pickup and will go hard, but once it warms up it gets rough down low and giving it a good rev like a normally asperated motor really doesn't work
I have (I think) tracked it down to the middle left cylinder, when idling it will sometimes go rough and I found that by removing the injector leads individually while rough, there was no change to said cylinder.
When I find time, I want to trace that plug lead and wiggle the terminals at each end, followed by changing (at least) that plug to start with
An alternative may be to just take it somewhere and get the motor pulled out and do all those leaking rocker cover gaskets while getting all the plugs changed.
WHAT? Anyone would think I was made of money!!
Question how often do the coils break down?
Hey, here's a neat trick, how to store CD's in the passenger door armrest, just place the CD on the dash above the suade bit, and turn right!! (or left if in America)
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: