Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-14-2001, 09:04 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
One Cheezed off S2000 Owner.....LONG!

Well I was driving up to Steamboat springs this weekend (resort ski town like Vail or Aspen) to enjoy the free condo I was given. It was an early Saturday morning, kind of chilly out, however most of the road was empty.

I passed a ton of cars as the road (extremely nice winding one) had a ridiculous speedlimit of 45mph, that dropped to 30mph in really good stuff. After following a few camper vans and things, then blowing by them at 100mph when the passing was safe, I just cruised along at about 65mph (can't really afford another ticket).

Well about 10 min later this white car is seen screaming up my backside...he is doing probably 100mph and started coming up my rear end, REALLY close! It's an S2000, I'm in no hurry, I figure go around me.....

We he did seem to like the fact that I wasn't slowing down for him to pass (I'm only doing 20mph over the speed limit), so he started honking the horn and blinking his lights at me. Ok that was enough, I'm not taking this from some prissy old fart (sorry Randy) that thinks he can outdrive my SVX.

Up to 115mph I go, he must have been shocked as he could not seem to catch up with me on the accelerate (I love that 65mph+ get up and go). After tearing around a few corners I was way ahead and decided time to slow down again.

Well he blew by me again....my heart was already pounding pretty good so I figured, heck I'll follow him.

You would not believe how much fun the SVX is doing 80mph+ in corners that are marked are 30mph. Try as he might, the S2000 owner just could not shake me...

We continued this for about 29miles...as seems to me that was the last mile marker sign I saw before he first caught up to me. Eventually we hit a large hill, dual lane, uphill where I was able to slowly inch my way past him.

We arrive in Steamboat and stop for gas as I was running low. He pulled into the gas station and asked me the "what in the world kind of car is that" question. He was amazed that I could keep up with him through all that. Then we started talking costs... He finally admitted he paid about $33,000 for his car...then he asked me..."well what did you pay". I said "$750!" with the biggest smile on my face I've had in years... He had this upset look to him...like his dog had just died...he said goodbye and quickly sped off.

Oh what a car.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 08-14-2001, 09:10 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I have kick the crap out of those riced up honda, the s2000, BMW Z3, Mustangs, Camaros (both base models). You should see the look on their faces when I slowly (or at times rather quickly) pull away from them. Man, thoses are fun

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 08-14-2001, 12:08 PM
oneothefewproud

Honda Riceies

Here in Valencia, CA on a Sunday early evening. I am driving to the gas station to fill up for the next 2 days. Never fails. Pull up a light, Honda pulls up next to me. and I think to myself. ok here we go AGAIN.

Drop her into 3rd if shes not there already. light turns green and we pull away at a good pace. I easy off just a little and the punk starts smiling and his buddy is hanging out the window to see the look on my face. Which is blank.

I let them get just ahead of me. his rear bumper at the front of mine. Then the metal hit the metal and I flew past them. Now who's hanging out the window. They didn't even try to stay with me. Slack Jawed wannabe.

Sundays are fun.
Wayne
Old 08-14-2001, 12:23 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: One Cheezed off S2000 Owner.....LONG!

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100

I'm not taking this from some prissy old fart (sorry Randy)
Well, I kinda get a kick outta blowin' the doors off those soccer moms in their mini vans. And how 'bout those boys in the funky black vehicles with major horses -- I think they call them "Amish." Boy, you should see the looks on their faces. HA!

Great story Ryan. What a car, indeed!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-14-2001, 12:35 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Preying on minivans

<Well, I kinda get a kick outta blowin' the doors off those soccer moms in their mini vans. And how 'bout those boys in the funky black vehicles with major horses -- I think they call them "Amish.">

Don't let Ardub fool ya gang. I pulled up next to him on the way back to Oak Ridge from our trip up Clingman's Dome....he turned to the side, lowered his sunglasses, and his expression was a cross between..."Not in your wildest dreams pun boy!" and "Make my day!"

(Where is Pepe's 980 hp when you need it? ) Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 08-16-2001, 02:58 PM
Lowered SVX

when i did my driver training at the.....

memphis motorsports park i drove against a s2000. it does not have the torque of the SVX, but it is very quick and nimble in tight curves. the guy drove against could not catch me in the straight but i could not keep up with him in the tight corners. remember the s2000 is a five or six speed manual.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 08-16-2001, 02:59 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
6spd.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 08-17-2001, 09:58 AM
Lowered SVX

thanks ryan....

i didnt want to post misinformation.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"