Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 03-20-2006, 01:34 AM
newportclaret

Unhappy $12,000 for SVX forum members only at Michela's request

Jake and others

1996 SVX has done about 145,000k. One owner (me) driving from Newport to Milsons Point every day for 9 years. Search hard enough in the forum, you wll find that according to Karin I have been an inept owner who travels with chocolate wrappers and various drippings from toddler passengers.

There is the perennial floppy passenger sun visor, a bit of wear and tear and I had a special moment in 2003 with a concrete chicane which led to a new axel but otherwise "the locky car" (as my kids call her*) has been well loved and cared for.

If we can work out the technology we will post pictures in next few days. The car was photographed on the Sunday drive on Mona Vale rd to St Ives Pizza last year.

We will put her on the open market in April and we are in no hurry to sell.

* we always called it the rocket, but when our oldest was born six years ago, she could not say rocket, so it is "the locky car." Our Volvo s/wagon is "the Bobo car" and they have already called my new car the "doof doof car". Michela (aged 4) will be very sad when I sell the locky car and she hopes it will go to a good home!

Tony
Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
i'll be interested in another SVX, trying to convert my GF
Old 03-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
pics pics pics

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 03-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportclaret
Jake and others

1996 SVX has done about 145,000k. One owner (me) driving from Newport to Milsons Point every day for 9 years. Search hard enough in the forum, you wll find that according to Karin I have been an inept owner who travels with chocolate wrappers and various drippings from toddler passengers.

There is the perennial floppy passenger sun visor, a bit of wear and tear and I had a special moment in 2003 with a concrete chicane which led to a new axel but otherwise "the locky car" (as my kids call her*) has been well loved and cared for.

If we can work out the technology we will post pictures in next few days. The car was photographed on the Sunday drive on Mona Vale rd to St Ives Pizza last year.

We will put her on the open market in April and we are in no hurry to sell.

* we always called it the rocket, but when our oldest was born six years ago, she could not say rocket, so it is "the locky car." Our Volvo s/wagon is "the Bobo car" and they have already called my new car the "doof doof car". Michela (aged 4) will be very sad when I sell the locky car and she hopes it will go to a good home!

Tony

Karin & Tony

Sorry to see you part with the Locky Rocket. Your posts have always been good humoured over the years.

Keep well, and drop in from time to time, SVX or not.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-01-2006, 03:34 AM
newportclaret

Newportclaret to greener pastures

Dear Jake, Joe, Berger and any others who may have been interested,
Since our last post on this website we struggled with technology to get pics up of the girl and during our struggle, Tony's sister registered her closet passion for Newportclaret. 1,000 apologies if inconvenience caused to SVX people. She has gone to a loving family who are blissfully unaware of the implications of SVXownership. Best to let them find out for themselves. Is it true that Moshols is no longer an SVXette. What can we spot her in now? Is she still in Mona Vale? Is she OK - have we missed something?
Love to all SVXettes & ites.
Vale Newportclaret
we shall miss her
K
Old 04-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up Good relocation

Quote:
Dear Jake, Joe, Berger and any others who may have been interested,
Since our last post on this website we struggled with technology to get pics up of the girl and during our struggle, Tony's sister registered her closet passion for Newportclaret. 1,000 apologies if inconvenience caused to SVX people. She has gone to a loving family who are blissfully unaware of the implications of SVXownership. Best to let them find out for themselves. Is it true that Moshols is no longer an SVXette. What can we spot her in now? Is she still in Mona Vale? Is she OK - have we missed something?
Love to all SVXettes & ites.
Vale Newportclaret
we shall miss her
K
Karin

Good to hear she has gone to a good home.

Tell Tony's sister to connect on here to the Network. The ladies are not well enough represented. Too much male macho bull talk on here, we need some balance and common sense and sensitivity.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-02-2006, 03:54 AM
newportclaret

Hi Joe
You can lead a sister to an SVX site, but you can't make her talk girl stuff - she's an engineer! We've mentioned the site to them, so the ball's in their court.
Going to bed now - this cold weather and daylight saving stuff is knocking the exSVX family around!
All the best
K
Old 04-02-2006, 04:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Hi Joe
You can lead a sister to an SVX site, but you can't make her talk girl stuff - she's an engineer! We've mentioned the site to them, so the ball's in their court.
Going to bed now - this cold weather and daylight saving stuff is knocking the exSVX family around!
All the best
K

Hey Karin

Engineers can be feminine!! I mean the approach, rather than the girl talk.

My company does some training with the august body here, Engineers Ireland. The President is a lady engineer, and I do mean lady. Impeccably dressed, very well spoken and friendly.

Bring on more of it, I say. Too many pipes and bad ties in the industry...

Joe

PS, no surprise the SVX appeals to an engineer. The car has a combination of design features that does not fail to appeal.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-02-2006, 11:16 PM
newportclaret

Engineers can be very feminine

And yes, Tony's sister is just like that President, but not into girly gossip - that would be her other sister! Not into girly stuff myself - I''m a chippy, a very feminine one, but not impeccably dressed.
K
Old 04-21-2006, 07:37 AM

Volvo

Hi Karin and everyone

Just reading your name 'newport...' is making me homesick! Will you be upgrading to another volvohehe

I'm having a top time living in manila and work is great but....no one understands me unless i talk american, no one gets my jokes and i swear,there is nothing dry emerging from peoples mouths.i miss aussie attitudes.....feeling a bit sorry for myself.being alone on a friday night in a foreign city with no friends is character building! sure

i miss driving too, there are heaps of svx vans here and lots of lead to fill my lungs with as i walk down the street.... to breathe newport headland air ahhh

I am compiling a pictorial representation of male retirees in this country.... very interesting!
mosh
Old 04-22-2006, 04:38 PM
newportclaret

Pictorial representation of male retirees in Manila?

Hi Moshols
I suppose it had to be done and someone had to do it - sounds very enriching and exotic, though I'd prefer pictorially representing male retirees in the hills of Tuscany!!! All is not lost - you still have access to SVX forum on Friday nights!!! and no more dodgy darley neighbours. I shall send you some Newport air via email

.......................^........^........^.......^ ...........................................

just sniff your screen above - that's 7 lines of clean, utopian sniffing to do plus a line of Newport sand and sandcastles (don't sniff that one - bit gritty!)

When are you coming back or are there enough Manilan male retirees to keep you going in the next life?!! I have been driving along Barrenjoey Rd for a while past the two servos on Darley and wondered why I never saw the green predator! All is revealed!

What are SVX vans?

When I clicked on your message it came up with a message that I can't access for some reason, so if you emailed a private locker message I didn't get it.
Take care of yourself and be alert not alarmed!
K
Old 04-23-2006, 07:13 AM

thanks for the newport air!

Hi Karin and everyone

The pictorial representation is my hobby on the side (i'm working in child protection) but to be honest it hasn't gone far. They are all in my head- i feel too embarrassed for the women to take pics. You should have seen the guy in the supermarket today. When you are at the checkout you get your own stool!

This fat old man who was about 7 times the girth and 2 times the height of his girlfriend was sitting on the checkout stool while his girlfriend was mopping his brow with a wet facecloth!

Oh dear.

i was private messaging you my blog address, will try again.

Cheers, Mosh
ps. just had a facial, manicure and pedicure for $15! Beat that i say.

Chris phoned before ( he is living 6 hours away) to tell me about the pig that was slaughtered at his drill site. The locals were trying to get him to drink gin with them at 8am! They didn't cook the pig very well and when we spoke he was pulling raw meat from his teeth. charming.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: