Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 03-29-2001, 12:29 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Angry

The recent debacle with my parts order has prompted me to say to myself, "there's gotta be a better way." I mean, there should be no reason why we have to order our parts (in this area) from WAY out west, where they have to order them from (as they put it) "back east," and have to wait for them to be shipped out west before they can ship them back east. The route went something like this: I called in the order on Friday afternoon, but, they can only order on certain days, so, my order went in on Monday. Due to the fact that it was not in stock and not available in Oregon, they had to order it from a warehouse "back east." Orders from Oregon arrive on Wednesday, but orders from "back east" arrive on Thursday. In fact, they arrive "too late" on Thursday to be shipped out on Thursday, so, they have to ship them on Friday. Now, if they ship standard UPS, it takes about two days to get to the Chicago UPS hub, where it languishes for three days before being sent out, then, it takes a day, sometimes two to get to my desk. Folks, that's two weeks from order to delivery! And that's IF ALL GOES WELL. Plus, we've found out that in "some cases" OVERNIGHT means two days. Surely, there has to be someone "east coasterly" that will match Tacoma or CDA Subaru's prices on internet orders. No, don't ask me to ask the dealer here (remember, they're the ones who charged me 10.50 apiece for OEM key blanks and wanted to charge me $4,650 for a Subaru Reman transmission, which included the core allowance). SVXter, is Earl Duff a possibility? Earl (Molar Marauder), didn't you mention something about a "friendly" parts place in your area? There's got to be something that can be done. Remember, I ordered my part from Idaho. All told, it took 11 days (7 working days) to get into my hands and that was with "so called" overnight delivery. John Hoffman (svxcess) orders his Throttle Body cover from JA-FRICKIN-PAN and he gets it in FOUR DAYS! What's wrong with this picture? Any suggestions?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-29-2001, 01:39 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Randy

I'm sure ED Subaru would be happy to order any parts you need. Like most dealers, I suspect, they can't afford to maintain an extensive inventory of SVX parts, but will certainly include them in their regular parts orders from the warehouse, which they do on a regular basis. I've had them order a tube of touch up paint and a set of clips for the center grill piece for me. Prices seem to be pretty much list - the clips were $2.00 and change each, and the paint about $5.00, so I know they don't add a huge markup just because its an SVX part. You could always call them and ask. They have a 1 800 number, which I can look up for you, if you wish. Or ask them in person in a few weeks.

PS. As I recall, they ordered the stuff on a Wednesday, and it was in the next week. Even adding a couple of more days to UPS it to KY, I don't think it would take 2 weeks. Check out their website, too.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.

Last edited by svxter; 03-29-2001 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2001, 07:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to fjm57
Registered SVX
Part Southeast

I have had really good luck with these guys.
http://www.newsubaru.com/LIBERTY/Liberty_Subarx.html
1-888-SUBY 4WD, talk to Jason or Bernard. Just mention that you shop them through the internet and you will get an additional discount.

Their parts are reasonably priced and they have always gotten them here on time for me.
Old 04-17-2001, 09:08 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
fjm, thanks. I have heard some good things about Liberty. I'll have to check them out to see how their prices compare, though. So far, east coasters haven't been competitive with the "Great Northwest" (even though they have to order out of stocks from the EAST) But, I'll definitely check them out -- us guys east of the Mississippi MUST have a place to go for reasonbly priced parts at quick turnaround times!! Thanks again.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: