SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-28-2001, 09:49 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
ugly design

I am not saying SVX is the most beautiful car on the road I am looking through stuff and I am wondering if it is just me...

Look at all the new cars by Subaru. All of them look less elegant compare to the older designs. Perhaps it's the headlights. I was never too fond of the oval headlights on the benzs. So any round headlight that sticks out kind of annoys me I guess. But STX looks kind of ugly IMHO. I know a ton of people say SVX looks bad with ugly windows. Or am I the only one that think that the STX is not that great when it comes to look. Mind you, it looks better than that Aztec.

I wonder what else they put in that boy. And why is Subaru not making cars with H-6? Outback came in H6 3.0. I know. But I think that STX can benefit from the H-6.

My midnight thoughts for the day (and perhaps more to come tonight)

Lwin

ps. i do like the look of the STX's steering wheel and the interior.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-30-2001, 01:08 PM
kvnobrien

STX

STX - I really like the interior and exterior design. I just don't like the colors they've used to promote it.

WRX - Well I bought an '01 RS before they were all gone because I didn't like the new styling of the WRX. It has grown on me since then but it's still not that nice as the previous year's models.

Legacy - How nice did the 4 door '00 Legacy GT look? Awesome I think. Now it looks like a hugh, oversized, underpowered slug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1acigblc_ec.jpg (22.4 KB, 111 views)
Old 07-31-2001, 06:44 AM
Habesha

Scooby Design

WRX - The headlights took some getting used to, but I like it

STX - How can you *not* love a car that's the lovechild of the Brat and the Outback?

Legacies - The Legacy GT isn't *that* bad looking in person. It just has ugly pictures (then again, how many Scoobies aside from the SVX are photogenic?). I did see the new VDC sedan last night at the local dealer. Nice car, but they only had it in that pale green color that I hate so much. I *do* miss the styling of the MY97-99 Legacy GT (even though the hood scoop wasn't functional)

BTW, I played GT3 on Sunday for about two hours. The B4 Blitzen is fun, but not as much fun as the new WRX on a rally course
Old 07-31-2001, 12:33 PM
Headed to Texas...

I think it has a lot to do with what you're used to. For example, I prefer the styling of the original Legacy - coincidentally, I own a '93 Legacy!
As for the new Impreza/WRX, I was originally lukewarm about the new front headlights. The i-club damn near had a riot over it, people were close to jumping off the roof of the nearest Subaru dealership. Strangely enough, that made the design more appealing to me - and I eventually ended up buying one. I know it sounds like a cliche, but the design does work far better in person, and for some reason it does grow on you. No offense to any earlier Impreza model owners here, but the original design seems somewhat boring to me now.
As for the SVX, it wasn't until after I got the Legacy and happened to see a SVX in the showroom "up close and personal" that it hit me - and I mean hit me straight between the eyes! Hands down, the most beautiful car on the planet . . .

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-31-2001, 11:43 PM
joeaux

WRX: Love it.
Legacy B4 Turbo: Love it.
Legacy Blitzen: Love it.
Just about any Subaru car: Love it.
I guess you get my point. I love the cars. The SVX was a one of a kind thing for Subaru. Because of the way things went with it, I don't think they'll ever do car design that way again. The final product was amazing. But they did lose a lot of money on the deal.
-joe-
Old 08-01-2001, 08:43 AM
Habesha

Quote:
Originally posted by joeaux
Legacy Blitzen: Love it.
Make that, "Legacy Blitzen: Must have it for days I don't drive the SVX"

You know, for someone with no money, I want some pretty expesnive Scoobies
Old 08-01-2001, 05:30 PM
joeaux

Yep, the same with me. Mo' money, mo' money...
-joe-