Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 10th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 10:04 PM
Really Senior Member

A great event

Regrettably, I had to leave Lafayette this morning after spending Friday night, Saturday and part of this morning. Although I had my 1st SVX since 1995, and now have my 2nd, this was my first meet and I, along with my son-in-law Charlie (another SVX owner), have to tell you that we had a fantastic time. It was a great learning experience and the SVX'ers we met were absolutely wonderful people. We feel we made new friendships that will last a lifetime.

I guess this will be one of the first of many posts thanking all of the guys and gals who actively worked so hard to make this meet such a success. However, we all owe Larry iii special thanks for all his hard work. Great job. It really paid off!!!!!!

We are looking forward to the next one.

Sold 92 Pearlie in 2002 and 96 Polo in 2009, both to Earl Steele. Currently driving 2004 Acura TL
Old 07-22-2002, 08:17 AM
SVXStowell

Welcome back!

Hi, Stan..

I posted my "I'm back" message under the wrong forum (general)..but there are some pics there. We left the event from the Indy speedway parking lot Sunday....and I'm wishing we could have stayed for the whole thing. I hope everybody is enjoying the plant tour and the farewell luncheon....even if we can't be there!

Beverly (and Scott) '92 pearlie..whose AC died yesterday! ahhhhhhhh
Old 07-22-2002, 08:17 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Talking My Polo Green is better than your Polo Green.

I finally got to meet you Stan, and I'm real happy for it. Next time I'm in Chi-town, we'll have that lunch.

And Sharon and I were glad to meet the Stowell's too. Only wish y'all could have stayed for the festivities. (Once you start reading about the Plant Tour/Luncheon, you're gonna be really envious.)

Anybody know what happened to Beav?
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 07-22-2002, 09:09 PM
Really Senior Member

Unhappy It's not easy to be Polo Green

Hi Wasions and Stowells:

Thanks for your kind words.

I guess we missed some really great additional time at Indy and the SIA plant. I should have talked my boss into making a Sales call at that plant but, unfortunately I had to be back in the office Monday AM.

Sharon and Steve- Sounds like that tour and lunch was outstanding. Yeh - I am jealous. We'll have to do lunch in Chicago and you can fill me in first hand.
Beverly and Scott - The A/C went out. Bummerrrr. I hope it happened close to when you got home.

What a difference a weekend made. It took us about 4 hours to drive from Des Plaines (O'Hare Apt area) to Lafayette on Friday afternoon. It took us 2 1/2 hours to drive 15 miles North of O'Hare on Sunday mid day.

Great time! Great meet! Great friendhips!!

Stan

Sold 92 Pearlie in 2002 and 96 Polo in 2009, both to Earl Steele. Currently driving 2004 Acura TL