2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-11-2005, 09:20 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Hey man, just wondering if you use the traction control and ASM programs at all... I turn all mine off (I believe that if you can't drive a car in it's "raw" form then ya shouldn't be driving it) but the thing plows and just seems to not handle the way I like... Any suggestions on setting the suspension up?
I only use the traction control, and usually turn that down to 1 or 2. I don't like the idea of the car braking for me when I'm taking a turn, it's harder to powerslide that way

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Certified Porschephile

I vote Opera Paris as the worst track. 1st it's french, which makes it bad all by itself, and 2nd the braking points on most of the cars I've driven there are off. They got rid of Rome Circuit for this? Plus the only redeeming thing about paris is the effiel tower, and I have yet to see it. Also a tip for those still early in the game. Don't sell the Alpine A310 right off the bat, you'll need it for Alpine cup single make race. You win another french pos, the A110. Neither can be bought and you can't re-win the A310 so if you sell it, it's gone for good.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:39 PM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
I vote Opera Paris as the worst track. 1st it's french, which makes it bad all by itself, and 2nd the braking points on most of the cars I've driven there are off. They got rid of Rome Circuit for this? Plus the only redeeming thing about paris is the effiel tower, and I have yet to see it. Also a tip for those still early in the game. Don't sell the Alpine A310 right off the bat, you'll need it for Alpine cup single make race. You win another french pos, the A110. Neither can be bought and you can't re-win the A310 so if you sell it, it's gone for good.
I've always kept all the prize cars in ever GT. Actually in GT4, I've only actually purchased one car, the 89 Skyline to start out. I've just been modding the prize cars and using them to win the other races. I figure $20+k saved buying a car is $20+k more to mod the ones I have

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-11-2005, 02:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
I've always kept all the prize cars in ever GT. Actually in GT4, I've only actually purchased one car, the 89 Skyline to start out. I've just been modding the prize cars and using them to win the other races. I figure $20+k saved buying a car is $20+k more to mod the ones I have
I buy some cars, but many of the prize cars are useful for other championships, so I've absolutely modded and used them.

I've sold a couple prize cars, but I always make sure that I can get them somewhere else first.

My favorite purchases so far have been an '86 MR2, a Mazdaspeed 6 and an S2000. The MR2 actually drives a hell of a lot like the real thing, as long as the driver aids are turned off. The S2000 is an amazingly well-balanced car. And the Mazda is very fast, but only really wants to go in a straight line.

But I also love the Mitsubishi...crap, what's it called? It's an '80 concept with a bunch of moveable aero surfaces. Fun car and even more fun to watch.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-11-2005, 02:21 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I have 4 cars total....my STi and impreza touring car are the only ones i use. I wona 350 Z that i should mod up.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-11-2005, 02:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
I only use the traction control, and usually turn that down to 1 or 2. I don't like the idea of the car braking for me when I'm taking a turn, it's harder to powerslide that way
The very first thing I do with a new car (if I remember) is turn all driver aids off. I can put down much better lap times when I'm not fighting with the car for control.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Certified Porschephile

For the Impreza Super Touring Car can anyone add colors and numbers to my list? Thanks.

Dark Red #87
White #77
Silver #57

I'm curious how many there are.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
But I also love the Mitsubishi...crap, what's it called? It's an '80 concept with a bunch of moveable aero surfaces. Fun car and even more fun to watch.
Yeah I was watching that car during one of my replays on the Nurumburg spl? Looks like they were inspired by Starwars or something when they came up with that thing. Pretty cool in a late 80's kinda way.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 03-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Hater

Quote:
For the Impreza Super Touring Car can anyone add colors and numbers to my list? Thanks.

Dark Red #87
White #77
Silver #57

i got a black one - forget the number, though.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Hater

anyone done the driving missions yet?

they are pretty easy until #11 - its freakin' IMPOSSIBLE..........

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-13-2005, 10:35 AM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark

The closest I came to beating one after 11 was the one where you are in the Impreza Rally car and you need to be the 306. The damn thing beat me by .12 sec

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-14-2005, 04:05 AM
Certified Porschephile

Anyone have trouble with world classics in Professional league? They alway have the AC 427 (which AC never installed, only Shelby's had ford big blocks) which is close to impossible to catch, especially on nurembergring where it gets a 5.5 second head start then just drives away. I restatred the series a few times to get away from it and they subsituted it with the 62 Buick Special. On Fuji the Buick was doing over 190 down the straight (I use the 1963 Corvette Race Car). OK, a 190mph Buick. Hate when it feels the need to cheat.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
I restatred the series a few times to get away from it and they subsituted it with the 62 Buick Special. On Fuji the Buick was doing over 190 down the straight (I use the 1963 Corvette Race Car). OK, a 190mph Buick. Hate when it feels the need to cheat.
Not exactly the realism that this game is supposed to be based on. That's one of the main reasons I'm not big on most racing games where you are forced to race against the computer.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:

Dark Red #87
White #77
Silver #57

My wife agrees with you that the #87 is dark red, not orange, and that I must be color blind. I guess I could be, but it still looks orange to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark

Yep, that one sucked hard. I've pretty much given up all the ones that penalize you, because they're driving me insane. Especially the rallies. I've lost track of how many times I was in the lead, only to have the other car plow into me in a corner, and I get penalized for it while he takes off.

Quote:
Anyone have trouble with world classics in Professional league? They alway have the AC 427 (which AC never installed, only Shelby's had ford big blocks) which is close to impossible to catch, especially on nurembergring where it gets a 5.5 second head start then just drives away. I restatred the series a few times to get away from it and they subsituted it with the 62 Buick Special. On Fuji the Buick was doing over 190 down the straight (I use the 1963 Corvette Race Car). OK, a 190mph Buick. Hate when it feels the need to cheat.
Nope, the world classics didn't phase me a bit. I had a supercharged '67 Camaro SS (Hugger Orange, of course). It only had a top speed of about 130 (it wouldn't let me tweak the tranny for some reason ), but damn that thing took off like a raped ape, probably one of my fastest accelerating cars. The only one in the Pro series that I wasn't too happy with was the Supercar Challenge. It says right in the specs for that race "Production Cars Only". So, after spending about $250K to get a TVR Speed 12, only to find out it handled like dog turd in winter, I spend another $500K or so to get a Saleen S7. And what should 3 of the cars I race against first be? The Cien, the VW W12, and the Audi Nuvolari, all F'in concepts! If I could have run my Cien, that would have saved me a lot of creds.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)