Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2016, 01:38 PM

Registered SVX
Still not starting

My svx has sat for nearly a year now. Im in the middle of saving up some extra money for a 5spd swap. A few times a month I would go out and start the car and let it run for a little bit, but i got lazy and a month went by without me starting it. After the month I went out to start it and it just kept turning over. I assumed it was the fuel pump so i picked one up along with a new battery and put the new pump in. Now it still just turns over and over. I checked and im not getting any spark and no fuel coming out of the fuel filter. I pulled the pump out a few times just to check it and everything looks fine. Got any ideas?
Old 03-09-2016, 06:48 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Still not starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
My svx has sat for nearly a year now. Im in the middle of saving up some extra money for a 5spd swap. A few times a month I would go out and start the car and let it run for a little bit, but i got lazy and a month went by without me starting it. After the month I went out to start it and it just kept turning over. I assumed it was the fuel pump so i picked one up along with a new battery and put the new pump in. Now it still just turns over and over. I checked and im not getting any spark and no fuel coming out of the fuel filter. I pulled the pump out a few times just to check it and everything looks fine. Got any ideas?
crank position sensor, or cam sensor, check the engine codes to find the place to start looking
Old 03-09-2016, 10:45 AM

Registered SVX

I've tried a few times to connect the diagnostic thing in the kick panel but the CEL never pops up
Old 03-09-2016, 08:10 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
I've tried a few times to connect the diagnostic thing in the kick panel but the CEL never pops up
Are you connecting the correct leads to the correct location?

here is the connector used to check codes,

Here is the wire location when they are not in use.

And finally which pin to connect too.

and to clear any codes you put both wires in to the 2 next to each other, top row left side of the notch, and turn the key to the run.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:57 PM

Registered SVX

I'm still getting nothing. I've read that even if you are not throwing a code, the CEL should still flash? Heres a pic of what im lookin at. I pluged the wire that is wrapped in blue into the smaller connector, the wire that is next to the blue wrapped one should be the other blue wire but maybe some one removed the wrapping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-03-12-18-54-58.jpg (291.0 KB, 167 views)
Old 03-14-2016, 05:33 PM

Registered SVX

both wires under the blue cover are black, with spade terminals on the ends. Edit I think I just misspoke, one is black the other might be blue with black stripe
Are you putting the wire into the right plug, there are at least 2 black plugs but only one will have the specific notch and 2 left connectors on the top row
Old 03-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Registered SVX

Yup, it's quite weird. With all the pictures and such it's kind of hard to do it wrong. That why It's weird to me that it's not working. I've read that to save money, you can use CPS from an ej22. I may just start off by replacing that and go from there