Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
Re: respect thy elder

I believe all the advice given here are good, but you can't do this alone especially with your health. Try to reach out to your mother’s family for help. Try to get professional help, there are people who provide free services for people in need, physically, mentally and financially. Your determination shows that you will get over this obstacle, but until then continue to dedicate most of your time with positive influences such as friends, family, books, healthy food, and plenty of fresh air. Yes, respect your elders to the best of your ability as long as it doesn’t interfere with your enjoyment of life. May the Lord bless your efforts.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:06 AM

Thought id give an update things are doing much better, the docs think after all this time it might just be a tapeworm (gross but could be worse), my dads still being a flake hes actually doing worse he just looks physically run down anymore (when i actually see him). I'm going to step in and say something once I get my feet on the ground with a job and a place to stay. My dads losing the house. I have plenty of people who have already offered me a place to stay so I'm not too concerned about it. I'm just tired of having to rely on the kindness of friends if i can help it. I just got back my act scores i scored a 25, that is more than enough to get me into college and i should have money from my moms side of the family if need be. My grandparents recently passed and my moms share is coming to me, but the account will be run via my moms sister so there is no possible way for my dad to get a hold of it : ). I'm trying to talk my aunt out of some of the money so i can put it into my svx. Because i could use a treat and my svx sure as heck could . Well thanks for being there guys i just thought id post back when things weren't at rock bottom.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Thank you for doing that. I am glad to hear things are getting better. You are on the right track and I wish you the best. Happy New Year!

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 12-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Move out. Work part time and look for an apt that you can share rent with a few friends while you finish school. Take control of your life and cast off those who are dragging you down.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 12-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

that is good, College is fun. Just get you education (I can't recall how many times I have been told that in my life). You can't do much for them so worry about schooling.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 12-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbstcg View Post
Thx for all the replies i was feeling really low this morning. I hear what you are saying about turning my dad and aunt inbut my thing is it might make it worse around here or worse jepordize me a place to stay. Im going to be 18 soon then he has no legal responsiblity over me and i am for to sick to do work and i feel my doc is pretty in compitent (me being sick for the better part of a year ) . Besides my dad wasnt the best of guys b4 the drugs. I didnt use to have a problem with it but i guess crack and coke arent as friendly as the drug i knew as a child ( my mom was a pot smoker). Appearently its more an adiction i just dnt get why he had to spend my ss on not food and not schoool and not car or other teenage things when he is a charge nurse at a pretty big hosp here in WV. The man can have w/e bad habits make him happy as long as they dnt effect me but hes not following the rules of live and let live. Hes "stolen" over 35,000 dollars i could of had for school.
I have talked to friends but its senior year everyone cares too much for them and their futures right now. I have also talked to my youth group that i go to whenever i get a chance. I'm sure they could help if push came to shove but at this point they are just a kind ear for me to vent. I do beleive i will be tremendously better once i am cured, im fairly self motivated and love to push my self after being sick for a year the last thing i want to do is continue this sedintary circus of human decay (sound like a new heavy metal band lol) I dont know there is more venting for you subaru ppl. Oh yeah and dads started taking parts from my svx to keep his going gah. " to every down there is an up" at this point i should hit the lotto jackpot lol
I wish you the best!! I thought I had problems dealing with the effects of 'aging' on GOOD parents!
I had a 'sheltered' life compared to yours!
If you decide to go to Potomac State College in Keyser, I have a spare room!
It's 20 miles away, but has it's own set of stairs. A garage and a lot of garage 'toys'. It's also is about 4 miles from Old Toms garage.
God Bless you!

I am sorry I didn't see this post months ago.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 12-31-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbstcg View Post
Thought id give an update things are doing much better, the docs think after all this time it might just be a tapeworm (gross but could be worse), my dads still being a flake hes actually doing worse he just looks physically run down anymore (when i actually see him). I'm going to step in and say something once I get my feet on the ground with a job and a place to stay. My dads losing the house. I have plenty of people who have already offered me a place to stay so I'm not too concerned about it. I'm just tired of having to rely on the kindness of friends if i can help it. I just got back my act scores i scored a 25, that is more than enough to get me into college and i should have money from my moms side of the family if need be. My grandparents recently passed and my moms share is coming to me, but the account will be run via my moms sister so there is no possible way for my dad to get a hold of it : ). I'm trying to talk my aunt out of some of the money so i can put it into my svx. Because i could use a treat and my svx sure as heck could . Well thanks for being there guys i just thought id post back when things weren't at rock bottom.
That's good news to hear and thanks for sharing Tubbs.

Tomorrow is a whole new year. You just make sure it's a good year for you. Go on and do it. Do it for your Mom, just be sure you get control of your future.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: