IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Re: What colour your prefer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post

What everyone secretly knows... but won't admit in public...

Ok ok! I admit it.

But it's not my fault that I can't have one yet.

But everyone knows that black is just so much more classy

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

HTML Code:
After I loaded that photo onto the computer I noticed that:

Even though we are on the same parking lot, parked with noses touching, my bumper and everything above sits higher than Nancy's.

The washer nozzles line up, as does the top edge of the side garnishes and the top of the front wheel wells. 

Funny how some things line up and some are way off. Look closely at the guide lines...
No, the Tiger crouches for the attack. Cat fight, cat fight.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Wolfy

did anyone take the 2 toned paint job with the black on the roof and trunk and stretch it along the hood and along the top half of the fender? because thats what im planning. it will look like a black car with a claret colored bottom strap.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
did anyone take the 2 toned paint job with the black on the roof and trunk and stretch it along the hood and along the top half of the fender? because thats what im planning. it will look like a black car with a claret colored bottom strap.
I have seen a blue car painted like that Wolfy, but I have no pictures.

For me it does not work. It looks too much like a ricer drifter Nissan 240X with a carbon hood. OK if you like that sort of thing, I suppose.

I actually like the idea of reducing the black. I think the black roof looks good, but with the bootlid and side plastic body coloured. When you darken all the glass and the roof is black, the effect is to accentuate the "cockpit" effect of the glass canopy.In all the SVXes I have seen I've only ever noticed one like this in the UK, nowhere else. Must check if I have a picture saved.

This would look very sweet in the later Bright Silver with no rear spoiler. Now that would be sweet.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
But everyone knows that black is just so much more classy
Not to hijack this thread tto much, but click HERE you can find out how to change your Windows XP/Vista GUI interface on your computer to "classy black", using the high-contrast feature.

I tried this and it works quite well, especially in a fairly dark room where computer screen glare can be irritating.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 06-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: What color your prefer ?

[QUOTE=Pierre-Olivier;604709]Hello, what color your prefer ?

Silver, Barcelona Red, Yellow and then White in that order. Even though Burgundy is not bad or even black, but Green is yukky. Sorry fellows.

I prefer the Barcelona Red or some of the non USDM reds over the Brilliant Red.

You are new here and may not have read far enough to know that the yellow was not imported into the US. Unfortunately, as I think it is a sharp car, but do agree that it needs to be a bit darker yellow.

I do like some of the colors in solids without the black top though. I think Pearland Silver look nice in total without a black top. But, then again, the Red looks nice WITH the black top. Just my opinion and as many know--its different.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Domo Arigato

Gotta be pealie! My first SVX.

Links:
2004 Honda S2000 (2008~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Liquid Silver (2007~2008)
1996 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl (2006~)
2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (2005~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl White (2001~2005)
1994 Mercury Sable GS (1999~2001)

1/43 Scale SVX Models

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
I have seen a blue car painted like that Wolfy, but I have no pictures.

For me it does not work. It looks too much like a ricer drifter Nissan 240X with a carbon hood. OK if you like that sort of thing, I suppose.
Mine is going to be painted like that, silver on the bottom and dark metallic gray on top, Orion Silver and Galaxy Gray from House of Kolor, to be exact.

I guess I don't follow the import trends too much, seeing as the SVX is my first import and also my first car newer than 1975, but I really don't see why a certain two tone line that follows the lines of the car makes it look like a "ricer" in any way. Maybe I am just looking at it wrong, but to me, the lines of the car just scream for it. As far as I'm concerned, Subaru should have done every two toned car like that from the factory. I think it will make it look longer, lower and sleeker.

Maybe it just looks wrong to you because Subaru didn't do it originally. The only other SVX besides mine that I have seen in person, which was also my inspiration for buying one, was a solid Polo Green one. Even that one begged for the two tone line I am planning, I had no idea Subaru even did a two toned car until I looked them up after seeing that one.

We do a lot of two tone jobs at the shop I work at, we usually follow a rather unconventional line, but it always compliments the lines of the car. I'll admit though, we are total "old school" guys, more into the '50s and '60s styles than anything else. Hell, my next personal project is a 1959 Rambler American coupe, which will be done in a very '60s way. That car is screaming for House of Kolor Pavo Purple with a pearl white roof and white tuck and roll interior.

Our last notable job was a green and black two toned Roadmaster wagon with old lowrider style lace paneling, which we think turned out beautiful, but it is probably not everyone's cup o' tea:

Old 06-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
but it is probably not everyone's cup o' tea:
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
That theme occurred to me for about half a second. It would be too much black, and the hood is big. It looks better body colored.

I have thought about doing black mirrors (possibly JDM power-folding), and putting a black transition on the front fenders...

Basically taking the A-pillar seam line and bringing it all the way down in front of the mirrors, to the inside angle break in the front fenders, like the mirrors and a small triangular section of the front fender as an extension of the front fixed glass.

It would then taper at the forward point to a pin-stripe following the line in the fender, up to the front side indicators, and terminating in a small spear detail just above the signal lens.

The top of the front fender, and the whole hood would still be body color, but the mirrors, and stripe would bring the black detail all the way to the front corners of the car.

I've also thought of a black belt-line around the car at the seam between the cladding, and the body/doors, and in the detail line in the front and rear bumpers, like the Ferrari 308/328/288 lineup, and others. Perhaps that being applied with some of the black vinyl stripe tape that is highly reflective in direct light.

It would look subtle on Laguna blue, and would really stand out as contrast on Barcelona or Brilliant red.