Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-21-2008, 04:46 PM

Does this height look normal at the rear, and got new wheels

From what the service records show I believe my svx was stock when I got it. Is this height normal at the rear? I got new wheels which made me think, this really is pretty low, I wonder...

Also, the wheels are ADR29 in 16x7. Ran about 600 at a local shop. Could have been a bit cheaper online, but I like supporting my local guy. The offset is +40, I believe "300zx" wheels. Here are some photos of the clearance and tires (225/50r16) on 7 in stead of 7.5 inch wheels. I don't have a before unfortunately. I picked them up on a opps, I tore a piece out of my old wheel, how is tire still holding air, what have you got today replacement. I like them thankfully, but I'm looking forward to tax refunds for new, bigger summer metal.

Front

Rear clearance

Rear width
Old 12-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Does this height look normal at the rear, and got new wheels

You think thats low you should see my back end. (I think its time for new shocks and struts maybe in February I can replace them. )

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 12-21-2008, 06:10 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Yeah that's the correct height. The rears are really flushed like that. Though are you sure you have the right tire size they don't seem to fill the wheel wells enough. Maybe I've just gotten used to my slightly oversized 18's Not bad looking though. Maybe when you change the tires you'll go a little larger ont he sidewall to fill the space a little and (while offsetting your readings) get a little more milage out of the circumferance.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 12-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Found a lost SVX

Yeah that looks normal. The rear tires should be a little bit in the well like that. 225 is the same tire size as stock so you are good.

:..Fey..:2005 World Rally Blue Impreza WRX 80k and rising. MODs: Lowering springs, 22mm sway bars. SS brake lines.