Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-06-2002, 09:56 AM

My day in court

well, court date finially came and went. for all of you that don't remember...it was for the guy that rearended me.

i spent the better half of my wait talking to all of my officer friends then the judge called the moron to the stand. he pleaded not guilty, so the judge called me to the stand. i told my story to the best of my knowlege. he asked me if i had a witness and i did, so i pulled my b/f from the hallway and brought him up front. he told his story. he then asked the moron if he had anything to say and he said no, but he had a witness to speak for him. the judge then asked him if he had any questions for me. he asked me a question and the judge just looked at me and said that i didn't have to answer it with a smile. the moron was all pissy and grouchy and the judge asked him to get his witness from the hall. when he left the room, the judge rolled his eyes at his stupidity. he came back with his g/f, wife, what ever and she told her story. she put him in a bad position when she spoke cuz she caught him in a lie. then the moron kept complaining that i had the wrong day and started to argue that point....the judge asked me with a smile when it happened and i told him the same date. the judge looked at him and said that "i said that it happened on the 16th, now are you going to argue with me?" by now, the guy was reallly pissed. he asked us all to stand. he explained that he is going to find him GUILTY for careless driving. i couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. he gave him a no point careless driving ticket and payment of about 100 bucks. the moron tried to argue again, then the judge said if you don't like it, appeal... he stomped off the stand and went to pay his fine. now he has this record and that if he gets caught doing something wrong, that will be there....

so ladies and gentlemen...I GOT HIM! not the way i wanted, but he will think twice before messing with me.

Kelli

the next question is whether to take him to small claims court form the damages to my bumper and to my neons...i have a record of him being guilty for hitting me...so i might win that too! what do you guys think?
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Pearly Princess,

Years ago I won a case in small claims court against a guy who rearended my '70 Toronado. He did not have any money so I never could get it.
The point I am trying to make is going to small claims court may not be worth it in the long run, even if you win.
Good Luck.

Larry iii

Whatever happened to the 'Nort Joisey' SVX Meet ?
Old 06-06-2002, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Larry iii

Whatever happened to the 'Nort Joisey' SVX Meet ? [/B]
hey yo, i am still game homes for dat Joisey meet...

i am still interested in meeting. just no one else seemed to be able to get a date together where most of the people could go. i would like to see there as many as possible. i like to have as many people involved as possible, i don't like to leave anyone out. maybe some time in late August...before school starts? when it is still warm?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I think that this guy is a jerk and he's going to continue to be a jerk. I would steer clear of him.

Good job, though. Let a liar like that defeat himself. Well done.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-06-2002, 10:59 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
<<the next question is whether to take him to small claims court form the damages to my bumper and to my neons...i have a record of him being guilty for hitting me...so i might win that too! what do you guys think?>>

I would claim the damage under YOUR collision insurance and just pay your deductible. The insurance company will then go after him to recover their outlay of cash and you can tag along on their suit.

Talk to your agent. This is what your agent gets commisions for, to assist you in these times.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker