Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji View Post
First, many thanks Phil and joe for talking on my grief!.....cos I aint finished yet

Done exactly as you said Joe, to the letter, and still the same....no flashing power light. I did notice a buzzing noise coming from under the car when I put it through R N D 321 and back, (only with engine running) I imagine from the gearbox area. I'm just so confused as to where to start first? mechanical items and polishing I dont have a problem with.....electrics is not my srtongest point!!

John
John did you have the engine running when you tried to get the codes?
It should be just the key on only.
Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:35 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
John did you have the engine running when you tried to get the codes?
It should be just the key on only.
Harvey.
Thanks harvey, ....no, just the key in and turned on without the engine running. I just hear an increasing faint buzz when I press the throttle peddle until it's past half way.....only a constant lit power light.

John

the older I get, the faster I was
Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks Joe, you've given me plenty of home work for this weekend, a lot of what you say makes sense and is very much in the same direction I was thinking. Are TCU's known for for developing faults? I will replace the TPS as soon as, reading some of the threads, your recommendation to buy new also makes sense, are the one's from the US the same part no or same spec as the UK models?......and finaly, for now, will it do any harm to run my car whilst in this state.

Pedantic??? .....NO!.....is it not what the network is built on.....HELP and ADVISE

John

Old 04-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji View Post
OK Guy's.....really need help here,

I'm gona start over again...got myself a trusty meter and checked the resistor and it measures 12 ohm...sorry for leading folk astray! The symptom when driving:- the gear change, mostly smooth then the odd light thump into gear, no power light on kick down but seems to go through the gears ok, no engine breaking when put into 3rd from D (revs fall away to idle ), the power light lights up on start up and blinks 16 times.....when I try to pull a code going through the procedure, the power light just stays lit and does not flash.

I have a few ideas and could go 50/50, but I would like to ask the audience first....pleeeeeease.

John
Hi John, these are the symptoms of an open circuit in the resistor circuit. May be the wiring that was connected for the shift kit, that you removed, is still open somewhere at the resistor.
The light staying on? no idea. But I would check the wiring around the resistor, as it is open somewhere.
The solenoid buzzing is mainly the A, thats why it reduces as you push the throttle. They buzz because there is no oil flow through them.
Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:50 PM

Registered SVX
Exclamation

lost for words, dont want to speak too soon, but I think i have things sussed!

I had a secondary issuse going on with my alarm, which cut in a couple of times and imobalized the car, embarassing to say the least, but discoverd a key operated switch (manual on/off) had failed, now overhauled and working fine.
Rechecked the connections to the resistor and reset the TPS, using a volt meter with a needle dial, not the most accurate of intruments. On start up my power light went out and no flashing, but the idle was sitting high at about 1200.
So off to the shops for a digital meter I went, but by the time I returned home the Idle was sitting around 6/700, perfect gear change, brakeing in third
and an impecible ride.....WHAT A MACHINE....the best it's been since I bought it. I'll check the reading on the TPS to see how near to 0.5 volt it is but it aint getting moved

I know it's a talking point wether the TCU learns or not, but it seems that way to me, also went through the code reading procedure and bingo!! got a result....constant flashing lights......a strange thing this electricity

Any way, Just hope it's still the same tomorrow, that will be two days of the best fun I've had for a while if it is.........

Many thanks for the help and support given, globally

John

Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Yeah, a global family, gas, isn't it?

I hope you have it sussed, John.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic