Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
KGilvin

Question o2 sensor

im trying to replace my O2 sensors. how do you unplug these things??? i have tried a lot of ways and cant figure it out. especially due to the odd angle and location.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Locker Link Solution

if you look up from behind, over the CV you'll find it much easier to look at what your hands are doing, the trick is lighting the area.

Here is the method I use...
looking from the location I described you will see the connector on the car's wire harness has a clip. slide a small screw driver in between the O2 Male connector and the inside of the car's female. Your screw driver should slide in against the male plug, NOT on the outside of the two mated... but between. This holds the clip out away from the male end. I then pull the wires, or connecter if the screw driver is short enough, while holding the screw driver in place with my other hand or other fingers if it is loose enough. you may need to wiggle it a bit or rock the screw driver's handle toward the front of the car to push the clip out a little bit more to clear the plug.

Hope that helps a little
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 09-24-2007 at 11:46 AM.