Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
Typically when I refer to someone as a flaming asshole I’m not being serious. I can see how that could be mistaken.
Anywhere else I would find this statment odd and very

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Stay tuned for pics of Corbeau seats re-covered to match the gray leather interior...
-Bill
I want to touch it!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:43 PM

Wait... So... WILL STi seats fit or is there a form of modification needed? I have access to STi seats (front and back) so I was curious....
Old 07-30-2006, 05:58 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion
Wait... So... WILL STi seats fit or is there a form of modification needed? I have access to STi seats (front and back) so I was curious....
Take a chance and try them. If they'll fit with some minor mods do it. If it'd be too expensive sell them on NASIOC and get your $$ back. I know some guy from LA is selling a set of fronts for $650.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 07-31-2006, 12:08 AM
(This account is in rememberance of)Duct Tape Man

Send a message via AIM to Yoda3000
I've often wondered about STi seats myself.

That is until I found out how uncomfortable they are. I guess for daily driving and occasional spirited driving they're okay, but as far as racing seats go, they're not. Although they have big side bolsters (sp?) they are pretty squishy and don't have a lot of back support either. I have a friend (serious autocrosser) who has an STi. He got some actual racing seats from STi. I don't know what they're called exactly, but they look pretty similar. When you sit in them though, it becomes apparent they're really supportive, they even have metal in the bolsters.

As for me, I just want something to hold me in a bit better. I would really like some grey leather seats with thicker bolsters, like you would find in a porsche or vette or something. Keep us posted!

Early deceased SVXWN Member
July 1986 -- February 2007

Michael - Duct Tape Man

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 138K: Brembo Slotted/Drilled Rotors, B&M Tranny Cooler and Filter, SmallCar Shift Kit

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 123K: DEAD FROM FATAL HAIL DAMAGE, Parting out so PM me if you need something.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything" - Fight Club
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me. I HATE THIS!" - Static X