Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
I test drove an '05 GTO

and now I want one. Badly. If you've ever felt 400hp under you foot while being wrapped into one of the most comfortable interiors ever made, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. My impressions on these cars were "it's just a grand am with 400hp" until last night when my buddy let me drive his. Such a nice car. All that power is delivered at any rpm, something you'll never find in a 4 or 6 cylinder.

By the way, he just sold his 400hp WRX for this and I drove that too.. imo he made a very good choice.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I think you need to test drive a supercharged SVX
Old 06-21-2006, 12:47 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
..or a supercharged gto
Old 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
and now I want one. Badly. If you've ever felt 400hp under you foot while being wrapped into one of the most comfortable interiors ever made, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. My impressions on these cars were "it's just a grand am with 400hp" until last night when my buddy let me drive his. Such a nice car. All that power is delivered at any rpm, something you'll never find in a 4 or 6 cylinder.

By the way, he just sold his 400hp WRX for this and I drove that too.. imo he made a very good choice.
The 400hp LS2 GTO is a sweet car, but it's not my cup-o'-tea. If you like that car, you'd probably love the 425hp Charger SRT-8 or the new 500hp Shelby GT500. Great power, super torque, comfy rides but all have curb weights in the 3,700-4,000lb range.

The WRX/STI, Evo, etc are a different kinda car. Lighter weight, faster reflexes and great power potential from their turbocharged powerplants.

If that's your thing, good for you. I've been down that road before when I owned a 2000 SVT Lightning (360hp, 450ft-lbs) but it's not a road I plan to go down ever again.

+1 on Earthworm's comments on driving a s/c SVX. Svxfiles' car rocks!!!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 06-21-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
I know how you feel

I test drove an '05 GTO at the dealer not long ago. That thing's a beast!
And like you said, the interior is incredibly comfortable. I really want to pick up an '04 (yeah, its got the LS1, i know, but its the only year they offered it in yellow ).

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 06-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hey, the gto is a hell of alot nicer than a mustang
Go for it

Also a pretty freakin sweet car....The Dodge Magnum Srt-8. Bit heavy but the interior is well put together, the styling is as sexy as a station wagon gets (Besides an 05 legacy) and it lays more horses than (Edited for graphic nature)

Um....430 horsepower

You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I drove a Magnum and my biggest complaint is you can't see anything out the back window.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I brought some ham.

I've never liked that station wagon thing
Old 06-21-2006, 07:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Yeah, i thought the GTO was cool when they brought it out until my mom bought one! It just isnt that cool after that. I wish she'd let me drive it but no one drives it but her b/c were 'dangerous' her's is a 04 and yellow (all she cared about was the color. She cant even remember thats its the corvette motor!) and automatic. She loves it to death but the yellow doesnt do it for me.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Alot of people bash the gto but I gotta say they do look good in person. The ass end is quite cool looking. Never been inside one but I imagine it is pure GM parts bin and fit/finish. Still a cool car though.

Anyone catch that motor trend where they supercharged one and pitted it against some real powerhouses. It did quite well. IIRC it was making around 800hp or something crazy like that and the tuner said he was holding back.

Anyway - as hard as it is to not bash gm I think the gto is a cool car. I'd never buy one but it is still a nice car.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I brought some ham.

couple interior shots.. his had the red leather. Even these pictures makes me feel all comfortable

Old 06-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I brought some ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
its the only year they offered it in yellow ).
Autotrader says this one is an 05

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=75
Old 06-21-2006, 10:16 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Well, I guess I was wrong...

I'd defiantly ditch the "look I'm a Pontiac" bumper in favor of what comes on the Holden Monaro:

And how about a nice twin turbo kit good for 600+ HP. And it's only $12k (AU I think).

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Alot of people bash the gto but I gotta say they do look good in person. The ass end is quite cool looking. Never been inside one but I imagine it is pure GM parts bin and fit/finish. Still a cool car though.

Anyway - as hard as it is to not bash gm I think the gto is a cool car. I'd never buy one but it is still a nice car.
they ain't that bad for what you get for the money. the optional grille makes it look better and less Grand Am-ish than the one that is flush with the bumper. if i wanted a summer car, i'd consider it.....maybe.

IBShadow

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 06-22-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:10 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
GTO + Monaro front = teh seks

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: