Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Alternator connector

Does anyone out there have the part of the engine electrical harness that includes the plug-in connector to the alternator? I really only need the connector plug to the alternator but will take whatever you have.

Give me a price through this thread, PM or email.

Thanks

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 06-17-2006, 10:03 PM

For what it is worth........

The dealer quoted me $1000+ for the bundle that includes that connector. I did not want to spend that kind of money. I was not able to locate it either. I spliced some wire and attached connectors that plug onto the alernator terminals. It worked for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I'm looking, hope to have a source shortly...
Old 06-20-2006, 06:40 AM
BlueClaretsvx

altenator connector

3.00 shipping 7.00 connector 6 inches of wire. i can sell you the harness for 25.00 shipped
Old 06-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I need to clarify which connector we are talking about.

I need the Small beige/tan connector plug that plugs directly into the left side of the alternator. (see attachment)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alternator plug.jpg (86.5 KB, 298 views)

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 07-25-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

BlueClaretsvx:

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
BlueClaretsvx:

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.
John, try some local alt/starter shops. It is a standard Mitsu alternator so in theory the clips should be available. I bought about 20 XT6 clips from NW regulator supply a year or so ago as they only sell them with a $20 minimum order. Of course any you get used won't be in great shape because of time and heat but the new ones come with a couple inches of wire to attach to the old wiring and a new clip. I just haven't had time to make it to my local place to see if they can get some.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I am still in need of the alternator plug. Most alternator/starter rebuild shops I have contacted only do the rebuilding and do not have the electrical externals.

BlueClaretsvx said he had one but never came through.

If anyone out there has one (with a good locking tab) or knows of a place I can get one, please let me know.

What I need is here:

Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 AM

Sorry John, I haven't had much time to work on this subject but here's the place that would either have them or be able to make them. Granted they sell in larger quanties than 1 but then you can be the source. I know I'll buy 3 from ya right now.

I got 20 for the XT6 from them for $28 shipped to my door btw. You'll want to get the alt number off your alt before calling as I'd guess they'd need that.

http://www.nwreg.com/
Old 07-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I looked at my car, but I cannot find (see) the alternator number. Are they all the same? Where is the number located? Does anyone have a spare that can give me the numbers?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I looked at my car, but I cannot find (see) the alternator number. Are they all the same? Where is the number located? Does anyone have a spare that can give me the numbers?

23700aa190 (this is the subie part number which I don't think they'd care about)

A3t08891 Mitsubishi Electrical Corp. (this is the one they might want).

If needed I have a clip that can be sent to 'em if it isn't a standard clip so they can match it up. Not in usable condition though as one of the wires was completely pulled out.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Just talked to NW regulator. The connector number is 50-12252 and fits all the alternators used in the SVX. It is a Mitsubishi alternator.

Price went up since benebob bought them. They are $5.71 each with 6" of wire attached.

They usually have a $25.00 minimum order, but he waived it and is sending me just 3 connectors. Shipping by priority mail is another $3.50.

So I'll have a replacement, a spare... and one to share.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Just talked to NW regulator. The connector number is 50-12252 and fits all the alternators used in the SVX. It is a Mitsubishi alternator.

Price went up since benebob bought them. They are $5.71 each with 6" of wire attached.

They usually have a $25.00 minimum order, but he waived it and is sending me just 3 connectors. Shipping by priority mail is another $3.50.

So I'll have a replacement, a spare... and one to share.

No I bought ones for the XT. Should've just bought 10 and sold 'em. You would've gotten your money back plus they are a business to business seller so they techincally don't sell to the public and probably don't like to be bothered. I figured they'd have it as it is simply a standard mitsu alt. Probably in 20 different vehicles in the world.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: