IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx
all that work and possibly damaging the svx for a mid 15 second run ?

buy something fast
Sorry just had to vent that

Tom

Because some people don't like cookie cutter cars like a WRX. Maybe Chike does but he doesn't count. I would rather spend hours making something than spend thousands buying something I am too scared to make myself. T00ls love wrxes
Old 05-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19svx94
i hope everyone understands octane booster goes up by points of octane, like from 93.0 to 93.1, and it is very bad for fuel injectors, it almost likes to clog everything
Not true with what I bought. This stuff was 14 bucks a bottle and I think it said right on the bottle will boost octane 7-10 OCTANE. It only treated 10 gallons too.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Not true with what I bought. This stuff was 14 bucks a bottle and I think it said right on the bottle will boost octane 7-10 OCTANE. It only treated 10 gallons too.
I'll send you some stuff that'll boost your octane 12-45 Octane. It'll say it right on the bottle....

Now where did I put that pee bottle and the permanent magic marker???
Old 05-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I'll send you some stuff that'll boost your octane 12-45 Octane. It'll say it right on the bottle....

Now where did I put that pee bottle and the permanent magic marker???
You know you drink too much when....
Old 05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
95pologreen

Send a message via AIM to Crazypolo95
Cool Got the times!!!!!!

ok for a Mexican that drive a SVX and that is still in school (high School)

Ok ran the Car with out inter/no grill and about ½ of gas new oil. with 4o psi of air in tires. took all I could get out without going nuts. light weight rims (Weighing about 17p think) and some new ass tires too . New rotors and new pads. new brake lines and I think that was it. It was about 86 or 89 out side with some wind. For The Fast time that I got was Sweet for my car that has never being ran Hardcore. The slowest that I got was a 15.5 and after I play around with the car and got used to it. The Fast I ran was a 15.3 on 1/4 . the car haves no engine mods right now but I’m willing to get some if I can find some ????

I’m going to get the car under 15 and into the 14 dam it !!!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypolo95
ok for a Mexican that drive a SVX and that is still in school (high School)

Ok ran the Car with out inter/no grill and about ½ of gas new oil. with 4o psi of air in tires. took all I could get out without going nuts. light weight rims (Weighing about 17p think) and some new ass tires too . New rotors and new pads. new brake lines and I think that was it. It was about 86 or 89 out side with some wind. For The Fast time that I got was Sweet for my car that has never being ran Hardcore. The slowest that I got was a 15.5 and after I play around with the car and got used to it. The Fast I ran was a 15.3 on 1/4 . the car haves no engine mods right now but I’m willing to get some if I can find some ????

I’m going to get the car under 15 and into the 14 dam it !!!!!
Congrats on the excellent times! First thing you should do by way of upgrades is get the ECUTune Stage 2v5. That'll be essential to going 14 seconds... From there look at doing either a 5/6spd MT or 4.44 4EAT swap.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-03-2006, 12:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to 19svx94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
i have done research in this, you might want to read the fine print next time
Old 05-03-2006, 09:24 AM
95pologreen

Do i need to get the stage ! chip before i get the steag 2 Or what and Where ??? Also i really need wanted to get the Koni sturts and the Springs From motorsport warehouse
Old 05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Do i need to get the stage ! chip before i get the steag 2 Or what and Where ??? Also i really need wanted to get the Koni sturts and the Springs From motorsport warehouse
You can go straight to stage 2. If you want to go 14's, the Stage 2 will be essential...

Suspension mods are the best!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Maniac modifier

Stage II is not much of an improvement of stage I power wise. There was only like an 8hp gain from it. But The thing about stage II is that it offers so much more. 1st, it really smooths out the power band in upper RPMs so the car will pull more up top. Secondly, the Stage II software will read airflow much better so if you wanted to upgrade your cams like CHike and myself have done, it will show. I dropped my 1/4 mile E.T.'s by 3 tenths from 14.8 to 14.5 and also bumper my trap speeds by 4-5 mph. The only way this is possible was the cams I had installed. Chike had the same cams in his car but since he didn't have the stage II installed his times were not effected by much. It is a great investment and you will love it even if yopu decide to keep the engine stock

Tom
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 PM
95pologreen

ok some where can i get Both of those thing ??? and How much ???
Old 05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
ok some where can i get Both of those thing ??? and How much ???
www.ecutune.com for the stage 2 - pricing is on their site - you can get it cheaper if you can find a Z32 maf on your own.
Tom might help you with the cams. A search here would probably turn up some pricing.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 AM
95pologreen

Well if i get the cams could i just get any shop to put them in?? also about the chip how long would it take me to put it in??? Any step by step plans that come with the Chip ????
Old 05-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Maniac modifier

The ECUtune chips come with detail instructions and installation is fairly easy. The cams should be able to be done by any reputable shop but some knowledge of the EG33 should be present upon installation. Delta cams in tacoma washington is the grinders of the cams. You would need to send them some core intake shafts in order for them to weld and regrind them. It is not as simple as just buying them from there

Tom
Old 05-04-2006, 02:22 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
I want to see the timeslips.

My car: 15.9 at Atco... with a flaring trans, bad tires and bad wheel bearings with Nothing removed. Not even my cds.... haha.