SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-28-2002, 09:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I knew you couldn't hold out 'til spring.
I agree with Mike. I would have held out if I had to. But since it was so nice out and since the roads were pretty clean and since the car needed to be washed anyway, I didn't have to.

BTW I bought a foo-foo duster like the one you had at AutoFest. It was on clearance at Target. As a matter of fact, stock up on car-care stuff at Target - they're getting rid of last year's stuff and I'm sure it's just fine. I bought a whole complement of Meguiar's stuff.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-28-2002, 09:27 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I agree with Mike. I would have held out if I had to. But since it was so nice out and since the roads were pretty clean and since the car needed to be washed anyway, I didn't have to.

BTW I bought a foo-foo duster like the one you had at AutoFest. It was on clearance at Target. As a matter of fact, stock up on car-care stuff at Target - they're getting rid of last year's stuff and I'm sure it's just fine. I bought a whole complement of Meguiar's stuff.
Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . whatever!

I really need to go to K-Mart and pick up some "Back to Black." It's a "restorer" that brings the black, back to your plastic and rubber trim. The plastic piece under my windows is really beginning to look ratty. It looks fine as long as I can pour the armorall to it, but, I don't think that's really good for it. Although, I've not personally used "Back to Black" I've heard it is an excellent restorative -- we'll see. Speaking of Meguiar's, there is a product I never see in the stores, "Meguiar's Plastic Bumper Restorer." I used to use this on those big bullet bumpers on my 80 Spitfire (All black plastic covered) and it was EXCELLENT! It would, in all liklihood work well on my black trim, but, alas, I can't find it. The only reason I had it before, was, because a friend of mine used to work for the Meguiar's plant in Tennesee and had a stock of it in his garage.

Glad to see you finally give in and bought the "California Duster" (sounds SOOOO Much better than "foo foo duster"). I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially since alls you'll have to do is swipe the garage queen down now and again to keep her clean after washing.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-28-2002, 09:50 AM
Lowered SVX

my black trim looks rough too.

but that is something i will have to worry about later. i have got to get a hold of this damn oil leak. my car, for some reason, is leaking again......the saga continues.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 01-28-2002, 10:13 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . whatever!

I really need to go to K-Mart and pick up some "Back to Black." It's a "restorer" that brings the black, back to your plastic and rubber trim. The plastic piece under my windows is really beginning to look ratty. It looks fine as long as I can pour the armorall to it, but, I don't think that's really good for it. Although, I've not personally used "Back to Black" I've heard it is an excellent restorative -- we'll see. Speaking of Meguiar's, there is a product I never see in the stores, "Meguiar's Plastic Bumper Restorer." I used to use this on those big bullet bumpers on my 80 Spitfire (All black plastic covered) and it was EXCELLENT! It would, in all liklihood work well on my black trim, but, alas, I can't find it. The only reason I had it before, was, because a friend of mine used to work for the Meguiar's plant in Tennesee and had a stock of it in his garage.

Glad to see you finally give in and bought the "California Duster" (sounds SOOOO Much better than "foo foo duster"). I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially since alls you'll have to do is swipe the garage queen down now and again to keep her clean after washing.
Mine's not actually a 'California Duster.' It's made by somebody else. But it is real soft, so I figured I couldn't go wrong for like $4.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 01-28-2002, 10:23 AM

Registered SVX
What year is that?

One detail I forgot to mention was the guy taking money at the car wash. When I rolled down the window, instead of taking my money, he was busy walking around the car.

'Somebody just asked me what kind of car this is, and I couldn't tell them,' he explained. 'What year is that?'

Next time somebody asks me, I'm going to tell them to guess.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 01-28-2002, 11:06 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Justy facts madam...justy facts

<The Swift GT, are those 1.3L's pumping out 100hp turbocharged?> VK: Thanks for the reply! No...no turbo. Just two cams spinning quickly. When I get home this evening, I will post a website that is FULL of tweeked Swifts. Motor Trend worked on one with NOxide a few years back that set a record for their handling course at the time. Unlike the Turbo Sprint 3 cyl, mine has 4 with 4 valves per. The redline is up there in S2000 territory; it STARTS at 6800rpm...winds even higher if a certain red wire is cut.
The car is a lot of fun; I have 154,000 on the original clutch!
Thanks for the input!
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 01-28-2002 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Swift Swifts

Here is the website I mentioned earlier...

http://www.ssgti.com/

Enjoy! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 01-28-2002, 08:45 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink Re: Swift Swifts

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
Here is the website I mentioned earlier...

http://www.ssgti.com/

Enjoy! Don
Cool site, Don. The Swift IS a Geo on steroids, right?
Perhaps you could strap yours to the SVX roof & bring it to Reading. I'd really like to uh...try it out, heh-heh.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:07 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Geo on drugs

<Cool site, Don. The Swift IS a Geo on steroids, right?>

Yeah....I wish I had the extra bucks to invest in some of the cool upgrades available for it. It would make a great little autocross machine... Don