Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
i play guitar - mostly heavy pop, but i like nSync, Backstreet Boys, New Kids on teh Block, and Billy Ray Cyrus too.

my main guitar is a MFPG (My First Pink Guitar) by Hasbro.
Fixed it for you Alan.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

Fixed it for you Alan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 12-02-2004, 04:35 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
Fixed it for you Alan.
you forgot Menudo and Vanilla Ice.

how are the whistle lessons coming along?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

how do you like that Bill Lawrence PUP? i was thinking about throwing an EMG-81 in, but i'd like to hear what you think about the BL.
It is evil. If you like a deep fat guttural death metal tone then get it. There is no clean channel with that pickup. It is way stronger than the stock pickups on my guitar. When I finally got it installed and strummed my first E chord I was amazed. It even sounds good through my 15 watt crate practice amp.

I actually almost bought an EMG when I was getting this one but didn't after reading online reviews (harmony-central) from people who were disappointed with it's low end output.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby

It is evil. If you like a deep fat guttural death metal tone then get it. There is no clean channel with that pickup. It is way stronger than the stock pickups on my guitar. When I finally got it installed and strummed my first E chord I was amazed. It even sounds good through my 15 watt crate practice amp.

I actually almost bought an EMG when I was getting this one but didn't after reading online reviews (harmony-central) from people who were disappointed with it's low end output.
thanks for teh input. were the reviews for the EMG-81? i was under the impression that was THE heavy metal pickup (Zakk Wylde, etc.). i'll check Harmony Central when i'm ready to get a new one to see whats up, but i'll definitely keep the Bill Lawrence in mind.

going more offtopic, i pulled out my Digitech 2112 Studio to try with my PODxt, and forgot how cool it is! i loaded some delay and 6-part harmonies to make my guitar sound like a whole orchestra. been having fun playing the Stars Wars Imperial March.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
i put 81's in my lead guitarists' shector and they sound great (i dont know how they compare to the BL's though) but the 81's were probably some of the best pickups ive heard.

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 12-02-2004, 07:36 PM
The name's...

Send a message via AIM to Whoru465
Quote:

thanks for teh input. were the reviews for the EMG-81? i was under the impression that was THE heavy metal pickup (Zakk Wylde, etc.). i'll check Harmony Central when i'm ready to get a new one to see whats up, but i'll definitely keep the Bill Lawrence in mind.

going more offtopic, i pulled out my Digitech 2112 Studio to try with my PODxt, and forgot how cool it is! i loaded some delay and 6-part harmonies to make my guitar sound like a whole orchestra. been having fun playing the Stars Wars Imperial March.

I'm so glad I could tap into another loony aspect of this group with this thread

'92 Pearl LS-L (sans Spoiler) #0993 Mfg. 5/91

"It says here, 'Breakfast any time'...
That's right...
In that case, I'll have the pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment..."
Old 12-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Started in kindergarten with the piano. I played that through 5th grade with many upon many lessons. I also kinda got sick of the music, and in 5th graded picked up a clarinet... It came fairly easily to me, and i've since played bass, alto, contra and sopranino's... However, in 6th grade I purchased my saxophone... and that really is my current musical endeavor.

I've played since then, with placing a heavy emphasis on jazz/blues. My sax of choice is the alto, however I also have a tenor and soprano that i play fairly regularly. Some friends and I got together my senior year of highschool and put together a little jazz combo with bass, piano, drums and myself on sax (the pianist also had mad vocal skills)

I kinda miss playing in a group. The jazz band at my college is umm, kind of lacking (its a small engineering school)
I'd really like to learn guitar also.. however for some reason because of the semi opposite movement of hands related to pitch (move hand up, lower notes, vs sax, move hands "down" lower tone) I haven't really put that much effort into it.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-04-2004, 03:19 PM
JLittell

Depends on what you call an instrument?? I can get a few notes down over my lifetime!

**Poof**

Excuse me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: