Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Re: Re: Before you Vote in Nov, you should read this

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder

From everything I've read thus far, the weapons disappeared between March and May of 2003. The inspectors from the IAEA visited the site from March 9th through the 15th and reported the seals were intact.
You heard wrong. The UN website lists January 20th, 2003 as the final date of IAEA inspection at that site.

That's a hell of a lot of time to truck that stuff out.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 10-27-2004, 07:51 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

in your opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being radical conservative and 10 being radically liberal with 5 being moderate, the following applies:

Rush Limbaugh: 1
FoxNews: 4
ABC News: 7
CBS News: 8
NBC News: 8
NPR: 9
Dave Letterman and Jay Leno: 8

I love NPR's "fair and balanced", they have a left wing liberal (10)and a moderate democrat (6) and call it representing both sides

Doug
Where is John Stewert on that scale ?
I like the guy, think hes cool as hell, did you happen to catch the episode of Crossfire he was on ?
Cant say I agree with his opinions, but I still enjoy his show.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 10-27-2004, 07:53 PM
BoondockSVX

Vote 3rd party.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
Vote 3rd party.
Thanks for taking a vote from the liberals.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 10-27-2004, 08:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Re: Re: Re: Before you Vote in Nov, you should read this

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

You heard wrong. The UN website lists January 20th, 2003 as the final date of IAEA inspection at that site.

That's a hell of a lot of time to truck that stuff out.

Doug

No. I didn't. The IAEA visited and sealed the bunkers in January but then visited the site again in March. They did not verify the explosives were there because the seals were intact.

Source (Associated Press--not those evil "liberal" news organizations): http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ons_timeline_1

And you're right, that is a lot of stuff to haul around. It was probably an organized effort by whomever who know what they were doing.

And, pointing fingers isn't going to change anything. The installed government and our government didn't prevent this theft, no matter when it occured. So now what are we going to do?

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 10-27-2004, 10:10 PM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95

Thanks for taking a vote from the liberals.
Thank you for being an arrogant liberal and assuming that if I'd rather have Kerry than Bush in office. You're wrong. I like Bush better than Kerry, because Kerry never says WHY he's a better choice, he just criticizes Bush. Bush is fairly honest, so at least I know what he's up to.

That said, I don't like either one, so I'm voting third. If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick one or the other, I'd choose Bush. Tell that to all your politically correct pansy liberal friends. :P

- Jim

PS: 2 party system= failure
Old 10-27-2004, 10:53 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
the fact that this whole weapons sherade was brought up and shot down within a day of its release shows right there how weak and embarrasing the whole issue is.

The dates dont lie, its a liberal tool, and as liberals do they let their emotions lead their decisions. Even their broadcasting methods on reporting this prove it right!(all they had to do was make a call and find a publicly available date. Instead they went for a low blow that wasnt even true.)

Passionatly throwing yourself at a topic is also the reason why we have seen about mutiple rebutle posts in this thread alone making claims that are incorrect as well. Stop, use your common sense, use your "reasonable person." If its a increidbly strong angry feeling you are recieving from this post then you must see that there is something incredibly wrong. I have nothing against sharing feelings but i do have something against tortious slander and libel.

phil
Old 10-28-2004, 01:55 AM
kingbobdole

Quote:
On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being radical conservative and 10 being radically liberal with 5 being moderate, the following applies:

Rush Limbaugh: 1
FoxNews: 4
ABC News: 7
CBS News: 8
NBC News: 8
NPR: 9
Dave Letterman and Jay Leno: 8
I'd give this thread a 3.... And thats being nice.
Personally, I've voting Kerry, just cuz I don't think bush is that great, and we might as well have a change. Change is good. As far as that whole tax thing goes, I might say that I listen to Rush. I drive a ton, and everywhere, and I know a democrat like me listening to Rush is strange, but its like the only radio I can get some places, and the company car doesn't have a tape deck. I like that guy thats onin the morning in CO, Mike Rosen, hes good. More to the point, A few weeks ago a lady called Rush and said that she was one of the upper class (200K +) and she presonally felt that she was not taxed enough. He asked her why she just didn't pay more, the total that she flet was right, and of course her answer was "mostly" because that it was not required of her, she wasn't going to go out of her way. Just thought that I'd share, no point really. I listen to Rush cuz sometimes, hes just sooooo far out on that wing, that he says some funny sh**. Heres a question. Why do conservitaves(being general and spelling bad) always think that everything that Kerry does is some part of his big evil scheme? Like the liberals have some great conspiracy about freaking everything. I really don't know that answer, but then again, maybe I've been listening to too much Rush.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:27 AM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by kingbobdole

I'd give this thread a 3.... And thats being nice.
Personally, I've voting Kerry, just cuz I don't think bush is that great, and we might as well have a change. Change is good.
Sure, but they're both Christian, they're both against gay marriage, they're both pro-war in iraq, they're both extremely wealthy washington elite, they're both supporting the patriot act (which is unpatriotic to remove people's rights!), and they're both claiming they're the better choice.

Personally I think the 'better choice' would answer such questions as "how would you help the situation in iraq?" "What would you have done differently?" "Why are you against gay marriage, because of religon or other reasons?" etc, but KERRY has not answered anything. He wants us to vote for him when we don't know ANYTHING about him, other than if he DOES get elected, he will be the wealthiest man to ever take office.

- Jim
Old 10-28-2004, 07:12 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Quote:

Thank you for being an arrogant liberal and assuming that if I'd rather have Kerry than Bush in office. You're wrong. I like Bush better than Kerry, because Kerry never says WHY he's a better choice, he just criticizes Bush. Bush is fairly honest, so at least I know what he's up to.

That said, I don't like either one, so I'm voting third. If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick one or the other, I'd choose Bush. Tell that to all your politically correct pansy liberal friends. :P

- Jim

PS: 2 party system= failure
When did I say I was a liberal? Actually, it's quite the opposite. The only reason third parties are there is to take votes from moderate liberals that would otherwise vote democrat. Hell, funding comes from the republican party.

You are throwing your vote away.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
Old 10-28-2004, 07:16 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Quote:
Originally posted by kingbobdole

Personally, I've voting Kerry, just cuz I don't think bush is that great, and we might as well have a change.
That is a great reason....

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
Old 10-28-2004, 07:36 AM
Certified Porschephile

The biggest smack on kerry is he is a flip-flop artist. mrs. golddigger...eh...kerry was here yesterday. I did the security detail just like I did for mr. kerry. She was able to be on both sides of 4 different campaign issues in 22 minutes flat. Now I know where he gets in from.

P.S. she is not a very attractive woman in person.....
Old 10-28-2004, 08:39 AM

Quote:

Sure, but they're both Christian, they're both against gay marriage, they're both pro-war in iraq, they're both extremely wealthy washington elite, they're both supporting the patriot act (which is unpatriotic to remove people's rights!), and they're both claiming they're the better choice.

- Jim
Whoa! Kerry only started showing his 'Christianity' when the polls showed that this might be an election issue. Bush has always worn his faith on his sleeve, good, bad or indifferent.
- Kerry stresses that he was an altar boy - big deal; he's certainly no altar boy now. I was an altar boy when I was in 6th grade too! Did that make for presidential character? Certainly not. I didn't know what the heck I was doing at that age and neither did Kerry. Altar boy - give me a break!
- Kerry told everyone that his faith is a very personal issue and that's why he didn't make it a key campaign component in the beginning. Right. He made it a campaign issue when Bush was gaining strong support from Christian organizations.
- Let's not forget good ole' Democrat Christian Bill Clinton who was only seen toting a bible in his hand when he was in the middle of an impeachment process and at risk at losing his home life to the Lewinsky scandal. He was a 'good Christain' when it suited him, not every day like George.

You may not like George or his policies. Heck, I don't like what's happenning in Iraq or how we got their either. But George has made decisions and stuck by them and he is guided by his faith. Kerry has a track record of changing his mind and being guided by polls.

I prefer W, but if Kerry wins, so be it. Life will not come to a screeching halt if our 'preferred' candidate doesn't win.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:30 AM
I live in a drawer!

Send a message via AIM to alex_umn
I'm voting for Kerry.

Why? Because right now there is a slim Republican majority in both the senate and house. A lot of these seats are up for reelection, but it is likely that the slight GOP majority will persist. The problem is, the majority always seems to think that they have a mandate from the people, even if they hold only a slight majority. With a different party in the White House, veto power might actually be exercised instead of having certain agendas pushed through unimpeded.

Generally speaking, I would prefer Democrat values over those of the Republicans, but both or these groups are more interested in "winning" the election than fiscal responsibility and reasonable legistlation.

You can't deny that both parties are full of rich, obnoxious idiots who are out of touch with reality and trying to pretend that they know what is best for America. I wish I didn't have to set the two sides against each other, but I see no other choice...

2000 Specialized RockHopper A1 FS, converted to singlespeed 36:15.

I like my cars with too many gears and my bikes with too few...
Old 10-28-2004, 09:32 AM

It's all over

for me anyway - FLA is an early voting state. I ended up voting a split ticket. I cast my vote for Mr Kerry because I'm a traditional conservative: the Government should protect the rights of all citizens, not just the straight WASPs, doesn't belong in the abortion debate, Mr Bush's silence on balancing the budget, and his administration's lack of demonstrable support to the troups - both for pay & size of the force - fortunately he's not supported by the Republican led Congress on the last issue.

I'm off the net for a week vacation with my beautiful wife - my best to you all - whichever candidate you pick.

Last edited by lee; 10-28-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: