Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 08-23-2004, 09:36 AM

Subaru (UK) Ltd is slashing parts prices by up to 56%

I was trying to find a supplier of Subaru parts in the UK using Google and came across this Press Release from Subaru UK:

-------------------------
"5th April 2004
Subaru (UK) Ltd is slashing parts prices by up to 56% in a bid to reduce whole life costs and insurance premiums, increase the use of genuine components and boost business. The company says this permanent initiative involves 200 individual part numbers and affects most models. IM’s Subaru parts manager Matthew Davies says dealers’ parts margins will remain intact.

Items covered include timing-belts, oil, air and fuel filters, water pumps, brake pads and discs and body parts such as wings, bonnets and bumpers. Typical examples include a timing-belt for a 1992-98 naturally-aspirated Impreza 2.0 litre reduced from £77.47 to £35.85 – a cut of 54% – and an oil filter for an Impreza, Legacy or Forester 2.0 litre reduced by 56% to £4.50.

Brake pads for a 1997-8 Impreza 2.0GL will now cost £48.53 instead of £71.52 while a rear bumper cover for a 1999-2003 Legacy estate will retail for £152.28 – a 43% reduction (all prices are excluding VAT and fitting).

In order to publicise the initiative, Subaru is launching a trade awareness campaign targeting independent repairers. Subaru (UK) Limited has an inventory of more than £3.0 million with 21,000 stock lines. All dealers will be supplied with a parts kit to ensure ‘off-the-shelf’ availability, while genuine Subaru parts are available for overnight delivery."

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/i...004#54elnooib0

-----------------
It looks as if they have been penalised on Insurance ratings because of the blatant overcharging for consumable parts.

The reduction will bring the UK prices down to about the same as the US prices. Assuming the dealers pass any of it on.

Has anyone had a quote for pads/filters/belts etc recently, have they actually reduced the prices ?

Anyone interested in a big bulk buy ?

Arthur
Old 08-23-2004, 03:34 PM

What's the chance that SVX parts aren't included in this price slash?

Or am I just being an old cynic?

'96 Subaru SVX (111K) - UK spec
'85 Opel Monza GSE (71K)
'86 Opel Monza GSE (95K)
'93 Toyota Estima Lucida (37K) - JDM import

My psychiatrist says I'm suffering from paranoia........but he's always hated me!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
If anything prices have gone UP in the last 2 years in Canada anyway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: