DearPrudence

This is SO sad!

Old 05-21-2004, 01:03 AM

Registered SVX
YOU SAID,

"OIL DRIPPING OFF THE HOOD?!",

Man,

Don't you hate it when,

They use that darn George Foreman Auto Rotisserie to unhook the exhaust? So messy, oil everywhere!

Honestly, I don't know what would piss me more;

The FACT that some Subaru trainee screwed up my engine;

OR the THOUGHT that these same people were responsible to fix it?!

I think I would have someone else fix it, the way I want it, and have Subaru pay for it, OR have them install a reman engine at their expense [I would negotiate for the core]. Definately I would have someone else check it out and tell me what REALLY happened.

I feel for you. What a rotten deal! I've been having a lot of fun trying to blow my engine for 125,000 miles, I would hate it for someone else to do it for me, so carelessly at that.

Hopefully, you will work a deal that gets you what you want, a proper foundation for your supercharger at little cost to you.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:36 PM
tancred

Yeah, well the story goes on, they ended up buying a junkyard SVX, so there was this red 95 with no ass sitting in the lot, so this dude with a fork lift comes by picks it up, takes it into the garage, they leave my what i can only assume is a "bottom end" on a horrizontal motor in my car, they swapped the "head?" and the pistons out, redid the gasket and all the seals and crap with new SUBY ****. So i got my car back, and i open my hood and i notice my motor isnt in where it was supposed to be, so i took it back had them put my motor back in the middle of the engine bay. Then they come back and tell me i have all broken motor mounts. LOL...I just shake my head take my keys and get the **** outta there, so i go to another suby dealershi-t, so i get there because my car starts throwing check engine lights, and hesitation only while in Over Drive, so im talking to this guy who is pretty cool, they take the SVX back and tell me withing 15 mins it has a blown tranny, I begin using explicatives that involve farm animals, this guys relatives, and sexual postiion some of you only dream about. So, I take my SVX and i drive it home, no noticable driving problems, only a stutter and refusal to hit power mode, so i take her home, reset my ecu, take it out and wail on it, it doesnt hesitate. It drives flawless for about 4 days after the reset then it begins again, reset ecu problem goes away. So i got a new TCU and ECU, put that in, same problem return the ECU and TCU. I happened to notice...which is rather lucky...that my Speedometer is 16 miles per hour off, i had to test the accuracey of the police speed box's....so i start thinking thats my problem that the crappy speedo pickup/sensor is causing the tranny to not know what gears to pick. Then power mode starts gettting stuck on, and i can drive around not even wot and cruise up to the shift point, was kinda nice. That came and went.....My poor car i swear....took it to a trans shop, they say its not a tranny issue, took it to a motor shop, its a tranny issue, took it to a tranny shop and they said its a stuck valve in the motor, took it to a motor shop, it has no 3rd gear. WTF! So i take my car out and i go thru the gears, max them out WOT, no slipping, no skipping, no problems....im so tired of stupid ****s who claim to have CAR FIXING G.E.D.'s im getting pissed off the SVX drives fine but i cant get on it..WTF....

Oh well, so its trying to get a new home at Dayle's LOT O'SVXEN.....
Old 05-21-2004, 02:52 PM

Registered SVX
You say,

Speedometer is sixteen mph off? Which way? You are going 20 mph and it says 4 mph, or you are going 4 mph and it says 20 mph??

How could you not notice that, OR is that another one of the dealer 'add-ons' noticed after your dealer fiasco?

What's the connection between the tweeked speedo, and the 500 mile per tank odometer that was so envied in the other thread?

No wonder you're going crazy, no one can give you a straight answer! Really, who would expect so many morons in Utah?

Your story frightens us all,
Old 05-21-2004, 03:02 PM
tancred

16 over actual and it doesnt start to freak until ive been drving for about 10 mins, then the check engine light comes on, and the bad ass gas mileage is from the fear of romping on my car with unknown problem. So i drive really nice like and it will get my 500 mpt...
Old 05-21-2004, 03:47 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by tancred
16 over actual and it doesnt start to freak until ive been drving for about 10 mins, then the check engine light comes on, and the bad ass gas mileage is from the fear of romping on my car with unknown problem. So i drive really nice like and it will get my 500 mpt...
Well, ALL RIGHTY THEN;

You'll have to forfeit your bragging right on the mpt. You are in violation of not driving according to your age demographic [or some S*** like that!], and disqualified for including a car with a red dash-light!!

Honestly, no Subaru tech can tell you why???
They built it, but can't tell you what's going on??
What happens if you turn it off after 10 minutes, do you get another ten minutes before it freeks again??

Seriously, ask some of guys DOWN UNDER. Our Aussie [hope that's proper] friends have a good handle on the SVX.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:04 PM
tancred

The speedo thing is a small issue, because i drive it so damn nicely it makes me sick, lol...it still actually does get up and move...but i will stop in traffic turn off my ignition so the light goes off then start it back up, simply because i dont want to see the light anymore. LOL....

Its a good car, great shape, kept really clean, garaged at home and at work, and it for sale for 2800 or 2500....Its my baby, but im gonna get a new one..I just cant keep this car anymore its depressing...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:07 AM
MikeInd

What is the name of the dealership? There address? Phone # and name of the Service Manager? Owner?

I want to write these As*Holes and give them a piece of mind.

Also, we should write SUBARU about them.

Anyone agree? If so....step up to the plate...it is time to hold them...and all dealerships accountable for there actions....

LETS get to gether and supprt a fellow SVX'er

Mike
Old 05-24-2004, 09:14 AM
MikeInd

MODERATOR HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please have this subject moved to the General SVX Babble so more people can see it and reply...

TEAMWORK??
Old 05-24-2004, 09:47 AM
tancred

Ah, you know, Ive done a lot of what you have suggested and the competitor dealership for the one that killed my car, are actually going to help me out just hoping that i will tell other suby owners and get them some business so its pretty cool.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:06 AM
MikeInd

NUMBERS TALK-

If 100 or 200 Subaru owners complain to Subaru and the dealership about this dealership, there action it may force Subaru and the dealership to "DO THE RIGHT THING" not just do a half As* job to get you out of there hair.

Name? Addy? etc?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:10 AM
tancred

HAHA, its not worth calling them, ive doen it, ive gone in there and yelled and used words that dont exist with their service manager. And the guy above him, and I even called the office of the owner of the dealership. And the owner of the dealership told me its "Not my problem" so i am gonna file a complaint with the BBB because that seems to piss off people pretty good. LOL...
Old 05-24-2004, 10:17 AM
MikeInd

Ok, you sure?

I believe if we all stick together we can pressure those type of people to be responseable.

Was the car broken when you took it in?

Did you do ANYTHING to the car after you got it to break it?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:20 AM
tancred

Nothing wrong with car when taken in, just do the 60k maintence at 110k because i had just gotten it and thought it would be a good idea.

didnt do anything to hurt the car, nothing out of the ordinary, i just drove it and then one time when it was required i get on it to get around somebody it just bogged scared the **** outta me. And started having serious issues.

Now the car only runs properly on Chevron premium gas, it wont run good on any other kind of premium its freaky.

Subaru dealership told me that i had a blown tranny, with no 3rd gear, not so. Tranny is acting funny but i drove it all this weekend never slipped once, was an absolute joy to drive.

Dustin
Old 05-24-2004, 10:21 AM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed

Honestly, no Subaru tech can tell you why???
They built it, but can't tell you what's going on??
Just a note on working on SVX's:

You have to keep in mind that the car was built in Japan by engineers, not in the U.S. by mechanics. The problem with a low production car like the SVX is that not enough mechanics ever get the chance to become REALLY familiar with them. Legacys, Foresters, Baja's and Imprezas come in all the time and share a lot of the same parts........so you learn how to fix them quickly and you learn their "quirks" or common problems. It's awful tough to learn about advanced problems on a model that you only see 3 times a year. How good do you think your local Dodge dealer is at fixing Vipers?

Just some thoughts

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 05-24-2004 at 10:24 AM.