Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Good freakin' grief! Glad to know you're okay, Wiz.

If that were me, the skidmarks on my hood would be nothing compared to the ones in my shorts. Indeed, you were fortunate.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-18-2004, 01:36 PM
tancred

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
pic 3
I find those images disturbing, since my car looks just like yours heh.....
Old 03-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
Well, I think I might have found my next SVX. here
Yeah, I saw that one too, I just didn't know how far you wanted to travel. Maybe one of our members near there can go take a look at it for you.

I checked out the one at Charlie's for you. I don't think your interested, but here goes. It's a '92 LS-L, mono Polo, 128K, no spoiler, really good condition inside and out except for a couple of small scuffs on the front bumper, needs a cat (and the rest of the exhaust wouldn't hurt from the look of the tips), $5995. I also checked this weeks Uncle Henries, nothing new. I'll still keep my eyes open though, we need to get you back on the road in time for the Hampton Beach meet.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 03-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
I HATE (read LOATH) plow drivers, and if one of those ****ing basterds ever did that to my car I would ****ing kill that mother****er and shove his plow up his ****ing ass till it broke out his ****ing teeth. What a ****ing asshole. There would have been blood spilled in that parking lot, and not ****ing mine. God! Now I want to go kill a plow driver.
Yeah, what he said. I don't know how I would take it if someone hit my car out of stupidity. I do my best to avoid cars that look like a threat, but one day, I'm going to let my guard down and some jackarse is going to hit me. I hope I can handle it.

Got a bat in the trunk, a long 4inch semi serrated knife in my pocket along with a .38 special 6 shooter, and a size 11 shoe on both feet. Idiot drivers beware.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:45 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

hey WIZ, look, its your car.

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 03-18-2004, 07:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
hey WIZ, look, its your car.
I hope I can get it. My cars NADA value is only like $5500, which is how the insurance decides how much to pay for a totaled car. My problem is that if they don't offer at least $10k I will have a lot of trouble finding an SVX with a perfect body that had no dents or anything. Which is what condidtion my SVX was in. That is one of my requirements for a replacement. Perfect body. I won't accept anything less than what I had.

BTW, about that federal law I mentioned in a previous post. I don't think it exists. I found out a little while later after the guy called that he is a known liar.

The isssue is I also can't wait through 2 years of court battles to get my money. The only way I think I'm gonna get out of this one is if they offer a large settlement.

Oh, and if I do get alot of money and do get the totaled car back. Its engine will probablly undergo a rebuild with low compression pistons and forced induction which will then be dropped into my working SVX. But thats wishful thinking.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:36 PM

HEY WIZ just curious was the previous owner of your svx Ron Bakeman , If it is, it was a real nice car. I almost bought it as a second one but building a new home needed finishing first. My 92 has been in storage since last april, When is the hampton meet. It may need to come out of storage.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXPILOT
HEY WIZ just curious was the previous owner of your svx Ron Bakeman , If it is, it was a real nice car. I almost bought it as a second one but building a new home needed finishing first. My 92 has been in storage since last april, When is the hampton meet. It may need to come out of storage.
YES!!!!!!!!!! But when I got it the center diff was busted. I did not know until after I bought it. Knowing this actually makes me a bit sad. Knowing I was so lucky to get a car that had such a perfect body and ran so well is now totaled. I can only wish to get another that is just as nice as that one was.

Last edited by Wiz; 03-18-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:12 PM

Damn That sucks that it was wrecked. Shortly after I purchashed my 92 , I found that one for sale at a used car lot in Hampton Beach. 118000 miles at that time and I think it was 5600 dollars that the dealer wanted. the car was purchased by Barry Bunten shorlty after riding in mine. then Barry traded the svx for a boat that Ron had for sale at the time. Barry needed a car the didn't like cruising at 90 and up so easily.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXPILOT
Damn That sucks that it was wrecked. Shortly after I purchashed my 92 , I found that one for sale at a used car lot in Hampton Beach. 118000 miles at that time and I think it was 5600 dollars that the dealer wanted. the car was purchased by Barry Bunten shorlty after riding in mine. then Barry traded the svx for a boat that Ron had for sale at the time. Barry needed a car the didn't like cruising at 90 and up so easily.
He told me about the boat and stuff. I paid $4800 for it. Apparently at some point in its life someone put two different sets of tires on it because thats what it had when I got it. I did not notice until after I got it. During an oil change my Local dealer noticed the rear tires did not work.

I miss it....

BTW, he sold it because he wanted his wife who was driving it to get an SUV.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:33 PM

When Barry purchased it the tires were brand new Brigestone RE 192 's They apparently wear fairly quick since barry replaced two of them with Kuhmo's I think thats what they were any way at around 134'000 miles.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:03 PM

Bad News, the police said the guy hit me has no insurance. The policy expired a while ago. This might end up getting ugly with lawyers and such.
Oh, and the truck was a 2003 Ford F350 I just found out.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Damn man, you just can't cut a friggin' break, can you? I hate to be the one to tell you this, but last I knew, our state doesn't favor those that get hit by people without insurance. My parents got hit by a woman with no insurance about 12yrs ago, and they had to pay for all the damages themselves. The woman didn't even get a ticket for it. For your sake, I hope the laws have changed since then. And make sure you talk to a lawyer, soon. Just call Joe Bornstein or something. I bet an '03 F350 could get you a new SVX, among other things.

On a more positive note, glad to see another May-Nah 'round these parts Pilot, I just wish it was under better circumstances. Where 'bouts you from, Pilot?

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)

Last edited by Darksied-X; 03-19-2004 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
Damn man, you just can't cut a friggin' break, can you? I hate to be the one to tell you this, but last I knew, our state doesn't favor those that get hit by people without insurance. My parents got hit by a woman with no insurance about 12yrs ago, and they had to pay for all the damages themselves. The woman didn't even get a ticket for it. For your sake, I hope the laws have changed since then. And make sure you talk to a lawyer, soon. Just call Joe Bornstein or something. I bet an '03 F350 could get you a new SVX, among other things.

On a more positive note, glad to see another May-Nah 'round these parts Pilot, I just wish it was under better circumstances. Where 'bouts you from, Pilot?
Well one thing that is in my favor is that this happened on school grounds and they hired this guy. We shall see how it all works out. I just need the god damn police reports. Their computers have been crashed since the day it happened and they have no paper copies of any of it. A virus took out their network. How long can it take, I only need about an hour to remove any virus. I offered to help but they seemed to not like that idea. Morons runing Windows without proper protection. I've been using Windows and Linux at home on a network behind a Linux firewall and have had no viruses ever.

We have talked to a lawyer and he said if we have any trouble getting a replacement car to call him right back.

Oh, and last time I checked its illegal not to have insurance in this state and that still applies today. I also hear he does not actually own the truck either.

Last edited by Wiz; 03-19-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...