IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Looking through the pics, I will muster up my best Spicolli voice
"Dude, I can fix it"

The fact that the windshield pillar is still intact and the car seems to sit level and not droop to the driver's side. I don't think the damage is that bad. The radiator is probably sitting with a broken top tank and / or reservoir and that is why it is spilling coolant.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-17-2004, 11:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
Looking through the pics, I will muster up my best Spicolli voice
"Dude, I can fix it"

The fact that the windshield pillar is still intact and the car seems to sit level and not droop to the driver's side. I don't think the damage is that bad. The radiator is probably sitting with a broken top tank and / or reservoir and that is why it is spilling coolant.

Doug
The pic's dont show it, but the roof is bent in a bit. Right in that corner. His bumper was up on it. The guys who flat bedded it to the impound lot said it was probablly totaled due to that.

Last edited by Wiz; 03-17-2004 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:27 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Damage is not that bad. I'd kick his ass though
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Wrecked SVX

Hi Doug, Sorry about the wreck. However if the door opens and closes, then the roof damage is just cosmetic. So your looking at a radiator a hood a windshield and bang out the roof and some paint and your home. also please give Kelli the guys home address as she has been wanting to kick someones a$$ for the last couple of weeks and this would get it out of her system before Reading. Take care, BOBB

Last edited by Bobb; 03-17-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz

The pic's dont show it, but the roof is bent in a bit. Right in that corner. His bumper was up on it. The guys who flat bedded it to the impound lot said it was probablly totaled due to that.
Go ahead and let them total it... Because of the rarity of the car and the cost of parts (new parts) the insurance companies total the car (SVX) with very little damage.

Then buy it back for pennies on the dollar (sorry about that michele... ) With the change you should be able to have the radiator replaced (d*mn plastic top tank!!!) and the windscreen, hood and body work done...

good luck
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 03-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Damage is not that bad. I'd kick his ass though
sorry Wiz I'm glad you're ok though.

Hey Lwin, I'm ready, let's go. Wanna meet up there? I got my baseball bat ready. You got yours?

I can just imagine it now...we walk up to him and he says, 'Hey I just ran over one of those!'

Then we beat him to a pulp....though I wonder what will happen when he tells his plowing buddies that we beat him down....
Old 03-17-2004, 02:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Man, that just sucks. How fast was he going that he managed to drive up onto your windsheild before stopping???

I hope you find another soon - I think that one's going to be declared a total loss. Unfortunately it doesn't take much.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
yeah i've been wondering what will happen with my insurance company with something like that too. When i first got the car, they said that if it was totalled they would give me either their "bluebook" price for the car, or a comparable car. So i'm thinking, hey, i got my car at a steal, and if i ever total it, i could get a decent SVX thats "comparable", or the only other cars in anywhere close to the same type of AWD, power, and luxury would be a 3000gtVR4 (yeah more power, but none of the other ones are AWD i think)... well, my insurance just changed the policy so that its only the cash value... damn allstate

Good luck finding a new one, and I would probably sue him, you could probably get quite a bit of money, and it might cover your losses, with the business and such.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 03-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

....though I wonder what will happen when he tells his plowing buddies that we beat him down....
LMAO!!!!

Plowing buddies!

I can just see it, all these freelance snow plow guys that stick a add-on plow on their 4x4's in the winter have a club and go out cruisin' on Saturday nights!

You beat up one of their own, all these trucks with plows on the front come chasing after you at 10mph waving their fists in the air. Something you would see on the Simpsons or something!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 03-17-2004, 04:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
yeah i've been wondering what will happen with my insurance company with something like that too. When i first got the car, they said that if it was totalled they would give me either their "bluebook" price for the car, or a comparable car. So i'm thinking, hey, i got my car at a steal, and if i ever total it, i could get a decent SVX thats "comparable", or the only other cars in anywhere close to the same type of AWD, power, and luxury would be a 3000gtVR4 (yeah more power, but none of the other ones are AWD i think)... well, my insurance just changed the policy so that its only the cash value... damn allstate

Good luck finding a new one, and I would probably sue him, you could probably get quite a bit of money, and it might cover your losses, with the business and such.
I do plan to sue if the insuance companies don't offer me at least 10k. My SVX had no dents and a good tranny at 150000 miles. I'm betting it will be hard to find another dentless SVX for $4800.

BTW, alot of the interior got crushed. I don't think it will be fixable. The guages are pretty well screwed and the steering wheel bent down a good few inches. I will try to get my hands on the car though. I would not mind having a spare 4EAT around or a spare EG33. I would proablly sell alot of the parts but keep things like the engine because I want to get an EG33 built for forced induciton and having a spare would make that very easy. But that would be a while from now.

Oh, and for those that want to kick ass. It was backside plow in tremont (another town on the island). Watch out for angry fishermen and hunters with guns. LOL
Old 03-17-2004, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver

LMAO!!!!

Plowing buddies!

I can just see it, all these freelance snow plow guys that stick a add-on plow on their 4x4's in the winter have a club and go out cruisin' on Saturday nights!

You beat up one of their own, all these trucks with plows on the front come chasing after you at 10mph waving their fists in the air. Something you would see on the Simpsons or something!
Funny, that actually seems possible. We do have a lot of backwards hicks on this island that tend to stick together and get violent at times.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Poor car, but I'm glad to hear that you were mostly okay.

Run over by a plow, what a horrible way to end your SVX.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:45 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

As I sit here and hear your story of woe, I can't help but go outside and pour down part of my forty Olde English. Hold on a sec.............. ok the rightfull tribute the the best dang ol car ever made. Now just go listen to that one song that goes a little something like this.

I shed a tear cause I'm missin you
yet i'm still alright to smile.

sorry to hear about your loss, all you can do is pick up the pieces. Listen to me, i'm making this sound like you lost a living human being. i guess you can consider the SVX as one of the family. Great to hear that your OK.

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 03-17-2004, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
As I sit here and hear your story of woe, I can't help but go outside and pour down part of my forty Olde English. Hold on a sec.............. ok the rightfull tribute the the best dang ol car ever made. Now just go listen to that one song that goes a little something like this.

I shed a tear cause I'm missin you
yet i'm still alright to smile.

sorry to hear about your loss, all you can do is pick up the pieces. Listen to me, i'm making this sound like you lost a living human being. i guess you can consider the SVX as one of the family. Great to hear that your OK.
I actaully agree. I felt like I lost something very important. The car served me well for the short amount of time I had it and the fact that it saved my life from that snow plow means a lot to me. Thats why I won't buy any other car except for another SVX to replace this one. I want to keep the memory alive.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Wow - how the heck did he make it that far up the car?
Glad to hear you are ok. Hopefully you can get both a suitable replacement svx and a great parts car out of this.

I agree- this would be devastating to me - like losing a family member.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.