IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 03:19 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Question stealth blazer?

let me say first i really hate trucks. all of them all the time forever because they are big and tall and shine lights in my eyes on purpose and pull out in front of me cuz they are 4x4.

now, does anyone know anything about the chevy blazer? someone seems to think that 4.6 sitting in my stealth is a blazer engine. that would just bust my balls if it were true.
i know that truck engines arent made to rev hi, but this thing revs at 9k. maybe it has really puny cams now?
what do you think about a chevy mounting to a mitsu tranny?
i know almost nothing about his car and acquired it sorta under the table if ya know what i mean.
tryin to figger it out.

edit: on the subject of american engineering, i must say im really amazed by the new gto. go to the site and dl the sound clips. very sweet.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 11-21-2003 at 03:28 AM.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Blazers = GM
Stealth = Dimar/Chrysler

How could they be the same engine? Beside the 6 in the Blazers is a 4.3L (Vortec depending on the year)
Old 11-21-2003, 08:23 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Re: stealth blazer?

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
let me say first i really hate trucks. all of them all the time forever because they are big and tall and shine lights in my eyes on purpose and pull out in front of me cuz they are 4x4.

now, does anyone know anything about the chevy blazer? someone seems to think that 4.6 sitting in my stealth is a blazer engine. that would just bust my balls if it were true.
i know that truck engines arent made to rev hi, but this thing revs at 9k. maybe it has really puny cams now?
what do you think about a chevy mounting to a mitsu tranny?
i know almost nothing about his car and acquired it sorta under the table if ya know what i mean.
tryin to figger it out.

edit: on the subject of american engineering, i must say im really amazed by the new gto. go to the site and dl the sound clips. very sweet.
your post made little to no sense. puny cams? revving to 9 grand? Puny cams now!? wow......
phil
Old 11-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Re: Re: stealth blazer?

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX

your post made little to no sense. puny cams? revving to 9 grand? Puny cams now!? wow......
phil
Heh.

Anyway, the engine in the stealth is a mitsubishi engine. If Blazers use mitsu engines (they don't) then it might be.

- Rob
Old 11-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Never heard of a Blazer with a 4.6. Pretty sure they have always used 4.3L six cyls.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 11-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Blazer's and Jimmy's always used the 2.8L or 4.3L six. No way would anybody put either of those engines...or any of the engines from any of GM's trucks...or any engine from just about any truck...in a Stealth. 1 - it would be a complete nightmare to fit (the stealth's engine is transverse (lat) mount, and the blazers are all longitude mount, so it would need the tranny and rear end too). 2 - it would, in just about every case, be a step back from stock. I've heard of people putting truck engines in classic muscle cars, and even in that case it's generally a bad idea. So i would have to say NO WAY is that possible...at least not within the realm of reason. Cause ANYTHING can be done, but you'd have to admit that an idea like that is a pretty bad one under anyone's line of thinking.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Almost forgot, on the subject of the GTO...that's one breathtaking car. One of my best friends put his order in about two months ago...the car is scheduled to be delivered dec. 8th. He can't wait. He got Black with the red leather interior, 6spd, and the non-premium stereo (he's got a really nice Infinity system waiting to go in when he gets the car). You should see the color combinations for this car. Purple with purple leather?! not too sure about that one. I was surprised to see the number of changes on this car. Even though they used the LS-1 engine configuration, the Generation III setup uses a completely different block this time, and even a new tranny...the old 6-speed was a ZF unit...the new one is Tremec...they didn't specify the gear separation though. The ZF unit was really a 5-speed with a second overdrive. This new unit may be a true 6-speed. Also, the GTO has a 3.43 rear! That's a tire fryer for sure. Im really happy to see all the changes coming at GM. The new Bonneville has the 4.6L northstar V8 (275hp). They keep promising a Grand Prix with the 4.8L V8...built on a more compact version of the Bonneville platform...but they have yet to specify when we'll see it.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Almost forgot, on the subject of the GTO...that's one breathtaking car. One of my best friends put his order in about two months ago...the car is scheduled to be delivered dec. 8th. He can't wait. He got Black with the red leather interior, 6spd, and the non-premium stereo (he's got a really nice Infinity system waiting to go in when he gets the car). You should see the color combinations for this car. Purple with purple leather?! not too sure about that one. I was surprised to see the number of changes on this car. Even though they used the LS-1 engine configuration, the Generation III setup uses a completely different block this time, and even a new tranny...the old 6-speed was a ZF unit...the new one is Tremec...they didn't specify the gear separation though. The ZF unit was really a 5-speed with a second overdrive. This new unit may be a true 6-speed. Also, the GTO has a 3.43 rear! That's a tire fryer for sure. Im really happy to see all the changes coming at GM. The new Bonneville has the 4.6L northstar V8 (275hp). They keep promising a Grand Prix with the 4.8L V8...built on a more compact version of the Bonneville platform...but they have yet to specify when we'll see it.
its just too bad that the GTO looks like a Gran Prix with projector headlights. were they trying to put people to sleep with that styling?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
i just wanted to know what Gm engine is a 4.6. the original stealth was a pure base model and probably slower than an svx.
it was going through a conversion to make it an R/T stealth, but it was never finished.
supposedly the mechanic ran the numbers and he says its a gm.
whatever is in there is transverse to my recollection.

on the note of cams, it is my understanding they control rev limit.
bigger cams equal a lower rev do they not?

anyways i told someone its a 4.6 v6 and hes all "oh, so it has a blazer engine" so thats why i was thinking maybe cuz he sounded really sure.

Old 11-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
anyways i told someone its a 4.6 v6 and hes all "oh, so it has a blazer engine" so thats why i was thinking maybe cuz he sounded really sure.
Was this the same guy who told you you could bore an EG33 out to 3.9L?
Old 11-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
no.

Old 11-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Superbeast

Why do you think this motor is a 4.6L? Does it say 4.6L on it anywhere? Does the car run right now? Does it look like the motor belongs there? Does the motor have a timming belt? If so it is not any GM motor. Are you sure it's not just the motor that belongs there and who ever is telling you all this 4.6L GM crap is just a moron? I think the 4.6L might have been a Caddy motor as a bored out version of the 4.1L, they were V8s thoe and they were huge pieces of crap so I hope you dont have one of thoe in it. You really need to post some engine bay pictures of this thing before I start thinking you are just full of crap and are screwing with us.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 11-22-2003, 09:02 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

the mitsu v6 is a 60 degree v6, all 5 runners on intake manfiold is sloping from the middle down the left side of your engine bay can be seen in one solid pieve with 6 bumps, kind of reminds me of a foxbody mustange manifold switched and sloped a bit,( if you are looking at it standing at the front with the hood open.) Converting it to an R/T would include side skirts and some different bumpers, NOT THE ENGINE. The r/t Turbo is the r/t aeropackage with all the goodies that the vr4 came with besides active aero. IT would require 4ws, awd,and would be quite the waste of time to convert., if you ha a stealth ES or even an R/T coupe you have 222hp, 3.oL mitus engine. If you have a basemodel stealth you have a 158 hp 4, but that only came in certain years (over 93 i believe)
phil
If you think you havea GM motor, and its fwd still, then its not a 4.6. You could Theoreticlly put a 3.1 v6 in it, or maybe a 3.4 from a lumina but come on....this is getting rediculous.
phil
Old 11-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
as i posted before its RWD. thats one reason why its confusing. part of the r/t conversion was swapping the tranny, which has been done, and as i said it was not completed.

also the point of this thread is to help me figure out what exactly it is, being that i cant examine it because its sitting 60 miles away with summer tires on it and i cant drive it back home.

im not asking anyone to believe what i say as if it were written in stone just answer my question to the best of your ability if you think you can help.

monday i am going to see if my starter relay is in and if it is, i will trek out to big lake and install it and take pics and see how it runs and what not.
til then, just hold tight.

also, bruce and i came to the conclusion that a 4.6 would be a 'stang, though im not sure if its the gt or the weak one.
from what i remember the engine is sideways and its possible its foreign.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 11-22-2003 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:59 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

if its all werid like that i wouldnt call it an r/t converison. doesit look like this.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DN

anywayys get a pic, and if it were a mustang engine it would say ford on it somehwere, just ook around and you shouldnt havea problem. Or find a vin on the block and see what i says
phil