How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Shot king

I should have seen this one coming, i forgot you were a neon fan. Sorry if i offended you but this is my opinion that i'm entitled to i don't care if these cars can run a 7 second 1/4 mile its STILL A NEON. My car preference is not only based on performance if it was i'd have to get rid of all my vehicles and replace them with somthing with some guts. It also takes into account styling and reliability . I don't like the styling of the neon and i know of plenty of Neon owners who can't seem to get there cars outta the shop.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I'm going to call your BS here. Give me 'examples' of these neon owners and the repairs they've 'had' to have done. I'm more than just a 'neon fan', I'm someone with a LOT of knowledge about them. They are very reliable once you get that MLS (multi layered steel) headgasket installed in them. In fact, if we go SVX vs Neon in reliablity, the neon blows the SVX outta the water.

So basically, they're more reliable than an SVX, they're a lot faster, they handle a lot better, but you don't like the way they look. Fine. Just say that then.

- Rob
Old 08-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
but the engine is limited and the body style is flawed.
your talking about a car that is nearly maxed out in potential. what is the SVX? most of ours are stock with minimal mods.
you cant really compare the two. swap in a manual gearbox and a decent turbo and the svx competes.

BTW....
with the 20 degree cooler weather and the weight loss from my window, i think i can hit 14s easy. i can feel it.
The engine is limited?! How the hell is it limited?! Let's see... we have street neons with full interiors running 11s, and full race neons running 6s and 7 second quarter mile times. So how is it limited? In fact, if you want to talk about 'limited', lets talk about the H6. It's a great engine...but what the hell can you even buy for it? NOTHING! And a flawed body design?! How is it flawed? You might not like the way it looks, but thats just an opinion, not a 'flaw'. Some people don't like the way our SVXs look.... >shrug< Who cares what they think.

But again, you said swap in a manual gearbox, a decent turbo, and the SVX competes? Name one SVX in the 13s. Go ahead. And name a turbo system. Go ahead. You can't do either.

- Rob

PS: You will not hit 14s without nitrous.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Shot king

ok, I don't like the way they look
Old 08-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

...and full race neons running 6s and 7 second quarter mile times. So how is it limited? In fact, if you want to talk about 'limited', lets talk about the H6. It's a great engine...but what the hell can you even buy for it? NOTHING!...

...you said swap in a manual gearbox, a decent turbo, and the SVX competes? Name one SVX in the 13s. Go ahead. And name a turbo system. Go ahead. **You can't do either**.

- Rob

PS: You will not hit 14s without nitrous.
EXACTLY.
if this car had the support that common Nokia-mobiles have trust me hitting 10s would be a possibility. with the right weight reduction gearing power and traction conditions ANY car can be fast as hell.
give me a 5spd turbo with nos. ill hit 13s

and as far as the neon being limited, its a puny 4-banger. im not a friggin drag racer. i just like to race 1/4. the neon cant hold its own in a TS highway or highspeed track and touring and it will flip on a rally-x. i [had] an xt6 for dragging. now there is some potential for multiple category racing.

oh yeah, and i used to like how they look. i used to want one til i got laughed at for it.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:28 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Sorry

Didn't mean to start another war, just thought I'd make conversation since the car has come up in a couple threads and I found 2.

I have also had a chance to see 2 Stis, 3 RX-8s, 350Z (plenty of those), G35 Coupe (ditto), and a new Crossfire. From pics I thought the Crossfire was ugly but its actually pretty damn cool (besides fake plastic fender vents). The only new car I still want to see is the Lancer Evo and a Chevy SSR.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 08-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Hater

Ford Festiva>Geo Metro>Neon

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
oh yeah, and i used to like how they look. i used to want one til i got laughed at for it.
So basically, you let other people make up your mind for you. At least you can admit that. 99% of all 'anti neon' people cannot admit that, but you did, and I commend you for that. Of course, I'd commend you more for thinking for yourself, but hey, baby steps.

- Rob
Old 08-27-2003, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Why? The SRT4 will completely assrape an SVX, in EVERY performance catergory. A first generation neon with a 5spd will hold its own in the quarter mile, sports an identical power/weight ratio, has a larger aftermarket, a ton of performance parts, HANDLES A LOT BETTER (stock 1st gen ACR with hoosiers will pull almost 1G on the skidpad), cheap to own, has a reliable transmission, and gets better gas mileage.

I think I made my point.

- Rob

"assrape"...now how much do you know about that subject?
and i think a SVX can outdo a Neon in the snow and class...did the neon ever come out with leather seats? or was it just the peeling paint edition?

oh wait....i'm sorry, but i didn't see anything about me comparing the SVX to a PEON..........

but that is okay...if it makes you feel better to talk about something nobody cares about...go ahead

Kelli

i think you didn't make a point, nor ever will about neons...sorry
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:25 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: adding fuel

<Harry starts cheering Kelli on!!!!!>

Good job Kelli, keep up the good work knocking on Rob's statements. Always funny to see what Kelli has to say.

I can't help it, but it's funny seeing Rob fight for Dodge's 'Neon'. Rob you are truly the last man standing against an army.

oh well......

<Harry drives by and drops a gum wrapper on Rob's lawn.>
Old 08-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
"assrape"...now how much do you know about that subject?
That was really lame. I think a 7th grader would come up with an insult like that, but of course a 7th grader would also feel that it's okay to throw his trash out the school bus window, just like you flick garbage out of your car and help ruin the environment. Because of that, I really don't respect you much, especially since you never even admitted you were wrong about that.

Quote:
and i think a SVX can outdo a Neon in the snow and class

Snow? Yep. Class? Yep. High Transmission Failure Rate? Yep. No aftermarket? Yep. Not one SVX has ever been in the 13s? Yep.

Quote:
..did the neon ever come out with leather seats?

Actually, YES! It was a rare option in 1995, but you could get a leather interior for your neon! After 1995, the option dissapearred, but it remained over seas so a lot of european and canadian neons have leather.

Quote:
or was it just the peeling paint edition?

Hrm... I don't know... did that come after the 'most easily chippable paint in the world" SVX edition, or was it before the "Flakey Black Subaru Paint" edition SVX?

Quote:
oh wait....i'm sorry, but i didn't see anything about me comparing the SVX to a PEON..........

Oh wait, I can't think of any good excuses so I guess I'll just contort the name 'neon' into 'peon' and hope that someone, somewhere, finds that witty.

- Rob

PS: This just in! A 12 yr old mentally retarded kid with down syndrome did in fact find Kelli's comment witty! Congrats!
Old 08-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Re: re: adding fuel

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
keep up the good work knocking on Rob's statements.
Knocking on them? How so? She changed a letter to say "Peon", and brought up 'bad paint' when Subaru also has paint problems (at least on the SVX). Other than that..she.... made.... no point whatsoever. Hrm. Weird. I could have sworn she posted something worthwhile. Hrm. Guess not.

Quote:
Always funny to see what Kelli has to say.
Indeed.

Quote:
I can't help it, but it's funny seeing Rob fight for Dodge's 'Neon'. Rob you are truly the last man standing against an army.
Yep. Why? Because I think for myself. I don't listen to 'popular opinion', and I don't dislike or like something based on what others have to say. I like the SVX, and I have my reasons. I also like neons, but for different reasons. The sad thing it seems that almost none of you are intelligent enough to comprehend that.

Quote:
<Harry drives by and drops a gum wrapper on Rob's lawn.>
And it's THAT type of mentality that makes me glad I'm not real acquainted with some of you. Littering is just not cool, I don't care where you are from. I got married outside in a park, and you wouldn't believe the amount of trash I had to pick up that was laying within 40 ft of a trash can. I guess some people are just lazy f*cks.

- Rob
Old 08-28-2003, 09:16 AM

what i find is always funny is how angry Robbie gets when someone picks on his fellow Neon...they are quite the same in many ways

both stupid looking
both annoying to see (or see post)
both irritating to hear about
both have about the same respect...>zero<
both have a crappy interior

i could go on, but i don't feel like Rob is worth the energy...

and class...you know what class is rob??....something you lack

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
LOL back to wasting more bandwith space on a neon .

rob never sease to amaze me.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
...you know what class is rob??....something you lack

Kelli

Who was the person who just took jabs based on my physical appearance? Yeah, that was cool in what, elementary school? And prior to that you inferred that I would know about ass raping. Yes yes, very classy.... for a 4th grader.

- Rob