Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

I'm seeing a few Neon posts here in the new "Not Exactly SVX" forum. While it's true that Neons are not exactly SVXs, I think we need to be more specific. We need to create a new forum called... Exactly Neon. Who's with me??
Old 06-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by nordique14
I'm seeing a few Neon posts here in the new "Not Exactly SVX" forum. While it's true that Neons are not exactly SVXs, I think we need to be more specific. We need to create a new forum called... Exactly Neon. Who's with me??
how about we create an entire Neon forum! oh wait, there already is one (but this isn't it.)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-27-2003, 08:40 AM
SVX26517

I HATE NEONS!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Everyone - Let's not ruin this forum! I was one of the people that pushed for having this Off Topic forum and now I fear it is going to prove everyone right that didn't want one.

Rob - it was funny that you jumped on the opportunity to post about the Neon first thing when this forum appeared. I'm not sure what your intentions were, but I just prefered to think of it as some good natured humor, we all know your history here and it was cute to see you post about the Neon as soon as you got a "legal" chance to do so. You'll see I gave you a fair objective reply. But now you are letting everyone get to you and turning this into a flame war. You know you're not going to change anyone's mind, if you think they are ignorant just chuckle at their ignorance to yourself and don't reply.

Everyone else - You all knew this was going to happen. We should have just taken it as a joke, you have to admit it was funny after his 9 months history here that he would post that. Everyone should have just ignored it or posted something like "I could see this coming " and nothing more. Instead, we just have the old flame war like the old days, no one is going to change anyone's opinion.

The Off Topic forum I suggested, and probably the one that most envisioned, was simply a place to post the OT things we currently do in the Babble Forum. Things that let our friends know what is going on in our lives, Subaru news, maybe a question about what truck to buy, etc. It is not an excuse for a flame war session! Anything that would have been banned in the General SVX Babble for being to crass, etc, should still be banned here. I do not think our site needs a Flame War forum like some other sites have. Yeah one Neon thread for a tongue in cheek joke was fine Rob. Now lets drop it, you've made your points and we don't need any more threads on it. And this thread really isn't going anywhere productive either so let's all just shake hands and have a great weekend!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Thanks Troy

I couldn't have said it better!

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 06-27-2003, 02:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
<<~~ ~lips are ziped,, waite make that my fingers,, uhh no coments here,
Old 06-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Why?

I still don't understand personal attacks and insults in ANY thread. Differences of opinion and even strong differences are understandable and acceptable, but there should be a line..............

Lee

SVXx4
Old 06-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
/stolen from madd indian at AT

For those who don't know, One Lap of America is a race series that takes place across the major roadcourses in the US. The competitors DRIVE/trailer their cars to the race tracks themselves! So its also an endurance (for both - the driver and car) race because you have to make it to the next road course thats 1000 miles away in time!

Ok this is shamelessy stolen from a post on the VWVOrtex.com forums, and the data is from the August 2003 issue of Car and Driver:
TOP TEN OVERALL

1. 2002 Chevrolet MTI Z07 (Corvette), SSGT1

2. 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, SSGT1

3. 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10, SSGT1

4. 2001 Ruf RGT, SSGT1

5. 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo, SSGT1

6. 1998 Toyota Supra Turbo, SSGT1

7. 1991 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1, SSGT1

8. 2003 Dodge SRT-4, Mid-Price Sedan

9. 1996 Lamborghini Diablo, SSGT1

10. 2000 Audi S4 Quattro, Luxury Sedan

Info on the SRT-4 and its other class competitors:
The SRT-4 was equipped with the Stage1 Mopar kit and a Quaife limited slip. Its class consisted of a small flock of WRX's and a couple of Evo's and a 1989 Thunderbird SC (600hp) for a total of 18 cars.

And this is what C&D had to say about the SRT-4:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...it was Heuschele (SRT-4 driver) who stole the show. The SRT-4 had already become a focal point after it's performance at Watkin's Glen. Even though Heuschele had never been at the Glen before, he posted the 11th best time in the morning run, dusting a platoon of astonished SSGT1 campaigners. Pretty impressive forfour cylinders and fwd." They then say..."But the SRT-4's Road America performance went way beyond impressive. Starting first in his group of five, Heuschele not only drove away from his pursuers but went on to lap two of them. In just four laps. On a four-mile track. A wet four-mile track."
"His time was the day's third quickest, trailing only Gerrard(Ruf) and Adee(MTI Z07), both in much more powerful cars."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Course, it sucks because it's a '*****' car apparently, even though it kept up with those other cars...

Old 06-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

this would all be valid, but i didn't buy the SVX so i could play boy-racer. there are lots of cars (probably even minivans) that are faster than an SVX. 0-60, 1/4 mile - not even what the SVX was designed for, so that isn't even anywhere near relevant to anything. is that your only argument? you forget about style, quality, engineering, and luxury (not to mention AWD). can you honestly tell me that given the choice of a Neon or a BMW you would choose a neon? the truth is, the Neon is a bottom-feeder - a base model junky little econo-chick car for folks with a small budget. that's all. you get what you pay for.
No, I'd rather have the BMW. For a daily driver.

For a weekend car to flog on a racecourse, I'd rather have 5 grand into a neon. It would dominate. Style, Quality, engineering, and luxury, yadda yadda. Whatever. A race neon would be LOADS of fun, for under 5 grand. And it'd be running faster than a lot of other cars costing 4-5 times as much.

That's fun.

- Rob
Old 06-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Superbeast

That guy must be one hell of a driver. He beat the Diablo ha ha that guy must hate himself he could have bought like 5 SRT 4's instead.

BTW. I finally saw an SRT4 in the flesh, going the other way on the highway. It was silver and not as ugly as they look in pictures. Kinda looked like a WRX, with the big wing and all.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Everyone - Let's not ruin this forum! I was one of the people that pushed for having this Off Topic forum and now I fear it is going to prove everyone right that didn't want one.

Rob - it was funny that you jumped on the opportunity to post about the Neon first thing when this forum appeared. I'm not sure what your intentions were, but I just prefered to think of it as some good natured humor, we all know your history here and it was cute to see you post about the Neon as soon as you got a "legal" chance to do so. You'll see I gave you a fair objective reply. But now you are letting everyone get to you and turning this into a flame war. You know you're not going to change anyone's mind, if you think they are ignorant just chuckle at their ignorance to yourself and don't reply.

Everyone else - You all knew this was going to happen. We should have just taken it as a joke, you have to admit it was funny after his 9 months history here that he would post that. Everyone should have just ignored it or posted something like "I could see this coming " and nothing more. Instead, we just have the old flame war like the old days, no one is going to change anyone's opinion.

The Off Topic forum I suggested, and probably the one that most envisioned, was simply a place to post the OT things we currently do in the Babble Forum. Things that let our friends know what is going on in our lives, Subaru news, maybe a question about what truck to buy, etc. It is not an excuse for a flame war session! Anything that would have been banned in the General SVX Babble for being to crass, etc, should still be banned here. I do not think our site needs a Flame War forum like some other sites have. Yeah one Neon thread for a tongue in cheek joke was fine Rob. Now lets drop it, you've made your points and we don't need any more threads on it. And this thread really isn't going anywhere productive either so let's all just shake hands and have a great weekend!
why is everyone so sensitive?!?!? alot of peace-lovin' hippies on here? i don't hate Rob and i would never insult Rob (even though i'm IGNORANT ). i did insult those girly Neons, though. i was just bustin' his chops a little. we've done this before, and we've alsoagreed on alot of stuff before. i just thought it was funny, because he was obviously doing this thread with a sense of humor about it - i wanted to see if i could get him to spool up on the defensive faster than an SRT-4 turbo - and it worked!

i don't really think the SVX Network is in danger of destroying itself in a violent civil war because of a few of us knuckleheads in the Off Topic forum. if people are so EXTREMELY sensitive to a few printed jabs, simply*don't read the off-topic posts!* in fact, don't read the newspaper, turn on the TV, or even leave the house. your extremely sensitive ego will be damaged beyond all repair.

no hard feelings, Rob - i was a little cranky yesterday (and today, too, judging by the above post ) however, i must say that the driver of the SRT-4 could probably have been driving a VW Beetle and beat most of the ass-clowns who enter that race. alot of the 1LapofAmerica drivers have more money than driving skill.

Old 06-27-2003, 10:18 PM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
It's amazing what we'll argue about here. The neon is a neon. The svx is an svx. 2 very different cars. I hope you guys can keep this all light hearted, it's not worth losing sleep over.
AMEN BROTHER

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 06-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Bustin' Chops is fine.

All I'm saying is that no matter what the marque, no matter what the name, no matter what the reputation or 'review' you read in Consumer Reports, a 2400lb car with torquey little 150hp engine and great suspension doesn't deserve the 'zero' respect it receives. It's a fun car. In fact, once I have my SVX all done (6spd and a bit of suspension) I'm going to get a neon, and I'm going to find you Landshark, and let you drive it, and you'll appreciate it for the rattly low quality fun to drive go-kart it is. Then I'll drive it and make you crap your pants. :P

- Rob
Old 06-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Bustin' Chops is fine.

All I'm saying is that no matter what the marque, no matter what the name, no matter what the reputation or 'review' you read in Consumer Reports, a 2400lb car with torquey little 150hp engine and great suspension doesn't deserve the 'zero' respect it receives. It's a fun car. In fact, once I have my SVX all done (6spd and a bit of suspension) I'm going to get a neon, and I'm going to find you Landshark, and let you drive it, and you'll appreciate it for the rattly low quality fun to drive go-kart it is. Then I'll drive it and make you crap your pants. :P

- Rob
Rob, i've driven a Neon, thanks. it was the most fun i've ever had in a cheaply-built economy car. i felt only slightly more manly than if i was in a pink Miata.

i don't think 150hp is gonna do much for me, unless its in a motorcycle.
if you're looking for bargains, for less than $15k you can get a 928 and put a supercharger on it. yeah its 3x the price of your Neon, but MORE than 3x the power and torque. (480RWHP/520RWTQ on pump gas, stock exhaust, full emissions compliant.) oh yeah - with automatic transmission! the looks and handling are slightly better than a Neon, too.

http://www.f-a-s-tonline.com/CAM2SC2.MPG

Last edited by Landshark; 06-28-2003 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Neon catches Air

Ok, here is one way a neon is better than an svx (unless svx commuter wants to disagree)

http://home.golden.net/~myimc/pics/neonjump1.mpg

Enjoy
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: