IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-14-2003, 11:23 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by alltrac
I owned a salvaged 92 celica alltrac and only 271 were produce that year. The st185 had a four-year run (90-93) and only yielded 1746 units. They are by no means consider collectable, only the person selling it on ebay will want you to think it is. God I miss her 200hp 200tq 7200 redline ten speaker sound system with eight-inch drivers in the doors. Its ironic I fell in love with the svx first, but could never afford it when it was new. So I bought the alltrac, then an idiot with a truck took her from me. Finally bought my svx and what a disgrace 35k car when new and seven years later it depreciated 27k no resale value I think I forgot to punctuate.

There is no resale value because at the time Subaru introduced the car, SOA did crap to do the ads and no one knew what Subaru was in the US. Well, Subaru was a small car company and it still is compare to the rest of the Japanese car companies. If you were to get the WRX STi, I can assure you that little beast will not depreciate as much. Why? People know what SUBARU is and what WRX is. Although WRX is not the leader in WRC (IMO) They lucked out once in a while.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-14-2003, 11:28 PM

hell im glad the svx came down in price so I could afford it I feel like a million bucks when im driving it
Old 02-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

One word

I think that one must only look at another Ital Design car made in Ireland in the early 80s to come up with the collectable potential of the SVX. It doesn't mean that it will be a collectable but it seems like its the first Japanese auto in a long time to have such potential. Believe it or not my brat has been climbing in value according to Kelly Blue Book and they really don't track collectable cars. They just go by market value. Seriously I get 5x more comments about that thing than I get about my SVX. What the SVX needs to reach such status is a devout loyal following which does their best to keep the car intact (no mods like this 5 speed conversion and such). Collectors shy away from cars with a troubled past which have been "corrected". A Triumph Stag with a dif engine has a value of oh maybe $2000, while an original Stag with upgraded engine has a value pushing $10,000-$15,000. This car was unloved, unwanted and underappricated for years.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Green1995SVX

Well it comes down to this. If you're never selling your svx, who cares about resale value.

Bring on the 5-speed conversion!!

Mike
Old 02-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Well it comes down to this. If you're never selling your svx, who cares about resale value.

Bring on the 5-speed conversion!!

Mike
To me if I wanted a 5 speed I would have bought a Lotus Seven and smoked every car on the road to 60 except a McLaren. I just want everyone to be encouraged to send their spent autos to me for safe keeping, NOT EARL!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

To me if I wanted a 5 speed I would have bought a Lotus Seven and smoked every car on the road to 60 except a McLaren. I just want everyone to be encouraged to send their spent autos to me for safe keeping, NOT EARL!!!
After I switch to 5 speed, you can have my auto tranny cheap.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!