Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
The Gold Brick

I went and did something rather drastic on Wednesday. I bought a Volvo.

It's a 1996 850 Turbo with 150K on it, in good shape with just a handful of little "old car quirks". So far I'm really enjoying it. Everything that needs fixing is pretty cheap/easy stuff to do and parts seem more than plentiful. People have been asking me if I'm afraid of the repair costs; I ask if they've ever owned an SVX before.

As for the SVX, I suspect it has to go. I've had it street parked with a cover since bringing home the brick, and I don't want it sitting there long. My life just can't accommodate a project car right now. I need to get it cleaned up first, but look for a "For Sale" thread in the near future. That baby has a lot of miles on it, but it's still rust-free and has a few good mods that might make it worth more as a parts car. I know I can't part it myself, but it's a thought I've had. It'll also go on local Craigslist, I'd like it to live on in the hands of another passionate owner. Either way, I'm letting it go pretty cheap.

I also haven't found any Volvo forum that could hold a candle to this community. SVX owners are really fortunate to have this resource.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: