Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 08:23 PM
PDhamSVXer

Unhappy Bit of an accident

Well, I was in a fender bender tonight. All parties are ok, however, there was extensive damage to the SVX. The collision only occured at roughly 10 MPH, howeve,r because I was braking hard the nose dipped and the rear end of the car infront did significant damage. I have a shattered left light housing, the hood has been bent up a good foot, the frame was pushed back into the radiator severing the feeder hose from the antifreeze resivior, and the tailpipe from the taurus infront gauged out a LARGE chunk of the plastic front fascia. I am not looking forward to seeing what this will do to my insurance. Anyone have any idea on hard it will be to get a new hood or headlight housing.

Paul
Old 08-27-2002, 09:35 PM
I_Alcyone_I

it shouldn't be too hard, If you have a 500 dollar deductable you probobly wont even use it. check the buy sell section for an old headlight, even if it is yellow you can buy some of that eagle one scratch remover and make it look new. The hood you can find at 1stsubaruparts.com shouldn't be too bad, or you can just upgrade to a carbon fiber hood if you like how those look, if you do a serch for carbon fiber hood you will find a few posts with that, and one of them should have a link to buy one.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:37 PM
I_Alcyone_I

I rear ended someone as well, a few months ago, it bent the frame that holds the headlights in, you should be able to bend that back out if you don't want to pay for it to be replaced.