IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Thumbs up Help me out on a sat?

Hi All!
Well I got my clutch, a Clutch Masters organic, and a ACT prolite flywheel.

I have basic tools, and basic mech. knolage. I am gettin a nice jack and 4 jackstands this weekend at Sears (I am tired of boring my buds jack)

Is there anyone in the NH area that would like to come over to my place, in the comming weeks, help me throw the new stuff in, have pizzza and drinks. could be a good time.

If you have a 5spd (or 6spd) learn how to do the clutch on your car, if you have done a clutch then maybe you can show us how to do it, instead of reading directions. LOL

If you are interested please PM me or call my cell at 606.966.6753

Thanks!
Chris
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Sorry, I would help you, but I am not going to NH till late tonight.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Locker Link Solution

cleaning house, sleeping today <- already in progress.
track tomorrow

Despite best efforts to prep, clutches somehow always take me 4 hours with lift
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 05-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Back Road Blazer

I meant like on a sat to come... not today.

I figured that everyone would be busy if I said tomorrow. so I mean like not today or even this comming sat but like in 3-4 sats.

Thanks for anyhelp
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Back Road Blazer

To anyone that might hve considered helping me ot, I want to thank you.

I was driveing my car to advanced this morning when it started to run very rough. I pulled to the side of the road and my car shook like all the engine mounts were broken. It idels extreamly rough then cuts out, while I am having subaru think what could be wrong with it (I personall think it is a bad batch of gas..) I will most likly have them instal the clutch.

It wont be as cheap or as fun as having a group of guys help me out, but, I guess I have to man up and see whats wrong.

If it is too expensive to repair I might just put it on the side and buy a WRX (bug eyed or square not the new whale smile...) I hope it doesnt come to that...
Old 06-02-2008, 01:27 AM

i did the clutch in my 95 DSM in 10 hrs.
so much PB BLaster....

just free up your weekend and read the directions.

you can do it!

1992 SVX LS-L Pearl White 102,000 miles (Gone)

2005 Evolution 8 SSL Tarmac Black (new daily)

1995 Eclipse GSX Durango Copper Pearl (teh beast)
276awhp/280awtq @ 18psi (560's inj)
260awhp/260awtq @ 17psi (stock inj)
Old 06-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Back Road Blazer

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

Ok! I did my research ad found what it might hae been (well runs fine now so, was) It was the darn fuel filter. Man if you had said that a dirty (gunked up) fuel filter would make the car hurt that bad, I would have said ur nuts... but wow. runs so much better now...