Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
The body looks clean, but the spoiler is total fast and furious garbage..... What supercharger are you planning on running and what are you doing for engine management?
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
W

T

F

is going on here??? >>>>>tear for a once clean pearly, now molested and Jaded

Tom
Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
When a nyukka paint his wheel caps blue boy whatchoo gon' doooo

ACT A FOOO! (2:16)

Man I hate what you did to your car, but that's your deal. I'm not gonna tell you to stop, do whatever you want, but if you can do just one thing, make your center wheel caps the same color as the wheels.
Or, if you have to make it colors, do the back one red and the front one amber. That would be not as tacky but still make a statement like you are color-coordinated.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 03-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Still, no ty. But by all means, dont let a group of interweb enthusiasts stop you from doing what your doing. if the one photoshop picture of the red car is your genral plans for the exterior, go for it.trust me, there's been some BADLY done custom svx jobs.
While I really dont like the blue dash, enormous speakers or the steering wheel that looks like something youd see on the shelf at an adult store, I admire the craftmanship innvolved with doing anything custom and handbuilt..and as long as its done right.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-13-2008, 09:12 AM

Send a message via MSN to IceBlade
Montreal, QC eh? Perhaps I'll see you around sometime

I like the sound setup although it's probably just a tad bit overdone lol. Who needs an engine when you can bounce down the street! Spoiler looks fine, I don't like the dash colours and the blue wheel caps just don't fit at all. Overall though keep at the custom jobs.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 AM
It's pronounced "Bee Rad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
...the steering wheel that looks like something youd see on the shelf at an adult store...
i lol'd
Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hi Richard

In case the guys forgot to mention, Welcome!

What you have done is not to my taste at all at all, but it appears to be well done, so you know what you are about. I hope you get the money to finish the dream. Even though it is not the sort of thing that I like, I'll defend your right to dream, and to achieve.

BTW, can I make one negative comment, and you can take it or leave it OK? If you go for the bodywork with the big wheels, one of the most unforgivable effects of riced up cars is huge 20" rims containing puny 15" brake disks and brake calipers. I mean this one thing betrays the whole reason for going the whole big wheel route, you can see a 2" gap between the rim and the calipers.

In Touring Cars, the wheels are made bigger to accommodate bigger brakes. Rarely do custom car amateurs go to the trouble and expense of filling the rims with bigger brakes, and the result looks effing awful!

OK, end of my rant. Go for it!!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
You do excellent work Richard. It's not something I'd do, but I'm likely a bit older than you.

Keep up the good work & by all means keep us posted on your progress.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:35 PM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post

...why the #^@% did you roll the window up?!
...oh, wait they aren't wired yet... so why are my ears bleeding?

everyone has to build one of these at some point... i stil have mine
...its in my parent's basement.

If you do it with an SVX please just make it reversable
I like loud music but not too loud. Just at that enjoyable level.

Poor Pearly.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-20-2008, 07:02 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
What a stupid car.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Damn, I almost feel bad now... I mean he posted up pics of his car for us to see and we are blatantly bashing the hell outta it... I know it's definitely not the "hospitable" thing to do, but it's just so hard to not do it...

Original Poster: If you want to have a good looking SVX and still want to modify it, try some purposeful modifications. Examples would be a 5 speed swap, or a suspension swap, or a new paint job (not some stupid tiger striped color either)... Thing is that Ricers try to attract attention to themselves and their car by being extravagant and over the top in a visual sense. Problem is that most of them don't have a single CLUE as to what ART and BEAUTY are. Have you ever looked at a stock SVX before? Admired the lines... The details and how the profile looks like it is purposeful... Take a Stock SVX, throw some good wheels on it and you have enough modifications for a great car that will attract alot of attention without making you look like you just graduated kindergarden yesterday or have the mental age of a 12 year old... SERIOUSLY, the best thing you could do is to return your car to stock... It already has a nice body and paint job on the outside so you don't need any work there. Just get yourself some nice wheels 18"s or something. Because everyone else is right and you can take it as constructive criticism or you can run away and forget we ever said anything about it. But your car, dressed up all extravagant like that, seriously looks like a 5 year old owns it... That is one of the worst taste in modification I have ever seen.

<--- Simon Cowell of the forums...

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-20-2008, 09:15 AM

I just have to comment on the paint... If the rest of the car wasn't tickling my gag-reflex, an SVX with paint in that quality is an EXTREMELY HARD FIND!!! I would love to have a pearly in that condition!!!

~ Chris

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
is his nos even hooked up?? id like to hear that car, but the cosmetics on the dash are just..... gross to me. id rather have a fast car than one wieghed down by, oh how much would you think all that wieghs??? i cant imagine! its a different concept, but everything flows so well in the svx, i just could bring myself to do something like that. its like that is taking away from the smoothness of the svx, its no longer an svx but a boxy ricer. its kind of cool to see that stuff, and like i said it would be cool to hear it, but as long as i own my car, nothing is touching it.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 View Post
is his nos even hooked up?? id like to hear that car, but the cosmetics on the dash are just..... gross to me. id rather have a fast car than one wieghed down by, oh how much would you think all that wieghs??? i cant imagine! its a different concept, but everything flows so well in the svx, i just could bring myself to do something like that. its like that is taking away from the smoothness of the svx, its no longer an svx but a boxy ricer. its kind of cool to see that stuff, and like i said it would be cool to hear it, but as long as i own my car, nothing is touching it.
If you look at his external photos you can guess how much it weighs... Look at how it seems to be sitting rather low in the wheel wells... I haven't seen a stock height SVX in some time (mine has been swapped since 2003) so I can't remember what sort of gap is suppose to be in the wheel well, but that to me just looks like it's sitting rather low doesn't it??

~ Chris

Old 03-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Work, Sleep, SVX, Repeat

I want to add something positive for you. Modification is always cool, just because your going out of your way to express your artistic talents and making something you like. I completely support your effort, the colors are def/ not my preferences, but I've already stated this. However, I think the side skirt idea, reminiscent of 2nd generation mr2's, is really neat. I don't like boxy kits, I usually like kits that flow, and the side skirts look like they would. I'd re-think the front and rear, loose the spoiler for something more along the lines of what they did with 90's 300zx's(close to the back window and low and swooping). It just gives the car a more powerful stance. Keep it up though, follow your vision through and who knows, it may look better once done than in photoshop. I argue this again though, just one last time. Pleas keep it white, pppllleeeaaseee. It's a gorgeous car, very clean.
1991 Non-Turbo MR2 214,xxx, replaced engine at 190,xxx

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny...