Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 AM

UK Subaru SVX For Sale :(

UK SUBARU SVX: Sometime ago I posted the following ad to sell my car. The main reason is to fund a flat purchase. I have now found the flat so I am readvertising it with very low expectations

Unfortunately since advertising previously I have had an annoying car park ding! The front bumper has a 3X4 inch hole in it where I hit a friends tow hook. I have a quote of 150 to repair it but I can't risk spending the money without having sold the car. The very tip of the wing was also damaged (very minor dent) and I have been hoping to find a spare silver wing at a fair price. This is a very minor dent, so would be easy to have repaired. The headlight was also damaged, but I have replaced this, albeit with a JDM one. I will post pictures of the front of the car "as it is now" as soon as possible, but to get the ball rolling I thought I'd post this up now.

Those that know me, will know I have spent that alone on having the gearbox reconditioned only 14 months ago. The warranty has now run out, but it is obviously in great shape compared to anything else which has not had the benefit of a recent rebuild! Altogether in the 18 months I have owned the car, I have payed £4650 to buy it and rebuild the gearbox, so you can know that you are getting a very fair price (painful as it is for me!) for a reliable car.

Here begins my old ad but I've corrected the dates of tax and mot etc

Further pictures in the text. Please bare with the pictures if they take time to load, they're worth it! Please note that I have written this advert to be used elsewhere, so a lot of what I've written is common knowledge for you guys, so bear with me if thats the case! And if I have made a mistake let me know

There is absolutely loads I can say about it but I'll probably miss out a lot so any questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to help.

so:

Subaru SVX
1995 UK CAR (ONLY 230 UK cars ever supplied)
Silver / Black
3.3litre Flat 6 Horizontally opposed Boxer Engine
230BHP
4WD variable split full time
4spd Automatic with economy/sport mode and manual mode
Full leather/suede interior
Electric windows, sunroof, drivers seat, aerial
Heated Seats (lovely for winter!)
Air con
Drivers Air Bag
Factory Subaru Radio Casette in hidden cosole within dash.
Alloy wheels
Immobiliser
90k miles
FULL SERVICE HISTORY
Reconditioned gearbox 14months ago
Cambelt 18 months ago
Alternator belt 14 months ago
2 months tax
7/8 months MOT

Thats the main spec. The gearbox was professionally reconditioned 14 months ago which is excellent peace of mind.

The engine is in fine shape and drives absolutely superbly and without any fault. It is a 6 cylinder Boxer engine and is VERY smooth. It has been fully serviced as and when it should throughout its life. It starts absolutely fine, and runs VERY quietly. The exhaust has a lovely note, but when idling you would not guess the power it hides! I have had the Cambelt and Alternator belt replaced, so there is really little to think about now for 60,000 miles or so, apart from normal servicing.

The interior is very good. The full leather seats are very comfortable and supportive, the drivers seat has adjustable lumbar support and electric forward/back, tilt, and height adjust. They are also heated. The dash is a mixture of suede and immitation walnut. Its actually very nice! There are roomy back seats too. This was something of an executive saloon rather than a small coupe and 4 adults can travel comfortably. It has the factory fitted radio casette and speakers. Also air con and factory electric sunroof.

The exterior is also very good with just a couple of chips on the bumpers. (Please see pics below of recent minor damage from carpark knock) Easily sorted if you want to I would expect. The exterior is the most striking aspect of the car and has to be seen to be appreciated. Check out the pics! Its sleek and low. Note the side window design which is inspired by jet fighter cockpits! It actually has a drag coefficient lower than that of a Mclarren F1!! I have many more pictures, but viewings are of course welcome. Email me if you are interested and I will email my contact details and answer any questions you may have.

Here are the unfortunate pictures of the bumper now....

I've owned the car since November 05 when I bought it to be my winter car. The rebuild on the gearbox was very expensive but I had planned to keep the car and so thought it a wise investment to have it done properly. I am now looking to sell this car as I would like to try and save a deposit for a flat.

It is a lovely car to drive and travel in. It can be very fast and the power band is very wide. It will still pull hard after 100mph, and has a reported top speed of just below 150mph (I have not been anywhere where I could legally confirm this!!) It is very unique with the "window within a window" design, and the two tone paint.

Thank you

Subaru SVX
£1900 or highest offer.
email: john.clark@animal.co.uk

Last edited by rolling_project; 05-08-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hi John

I wish you the best of luck with it. It still looks beautiful aside from the couple of dings.

It is a strange co-incidence that there are three really good cars for sale on the Network, people we know. Values are very low at present, and when will they rise to their proper level? Hard to say.

The condition of your car should sell it if anybody calls to see it. It's worth more than you are asking.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-02-2007, 08:12 AM

Hi John,

Your car looks great and your description is excellent. You'll have no problem selling at that price. Good luck

Tim
Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 AM

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate your comments. It is a great car, I just hope I'm not aiming too low for this car!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Beautiful car. I wish it was on this side of the pond.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 05-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
Beautiful car. I wish it was on this side of the pond.
Hands off Earl

I have just purchased this lovely car from John. I'm looking forward to getting it back to Ireland in a month or two, maybe after JAE.

Thanks John for keeping it so well. It's going to a good home where it will be pampered and loved.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 AM

Congratulations Joe! I have to say, that is the most stunning colour combination I have seen on the SVX! I do prefer the old colour scheme with the black roof and boot. I am sure I saw a SVX a few years ago with a complete glass roof, or was I halucinating at the time?
Lovely car Joe

Joe
Old 05-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thank you Joe.

I have never seen or heard tell of a complete glass roof. Anything is possible of course, but if this car exists, it has never been mentioned on Yahoo! or on here.

[They would all want one!!]

I also think it is the most suave combination for the SVX, although the graphite grey is really hard to resist. I'm more than delighted to have got it. I'll have to be sucking lemons while I drive around to keep the grin off my face.

Cheers

40,000 miles Jersey Girl