Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-12-2007, 02:43 PM

You should be able to find all the VIN information you need at the SVX Information Warehouse - www.svx-iw.com. If the owner thinks the transmission is original, at the mileage you're talking, you will DEFINITELY need some transmission service sooner than later. If you take a look at it, have it professionally inspected. Have the owner see if he can determine whether the Subaru Service Campaign for the transmission filter kit was done. Mine WAS, and despite that, I'm in need of a new tranny or a rebuild fairly soon, at 146K. If by chance the transmission seems solid upon inspection, as soon as you buy the car, have a transmission cooler installed. Searching for "transmission cooler" on the forums should yield all the information you'd need to sort that out. To answer your other question, I don't think any real solutions were made on the transmission at the factory level until 93 or 94.

92 LS-L Ebony/Lqd. Silver, stock, 88xxx miles, flung into a telephone pole by a drunk a month after buying

92 LS-L midnight black 141xxx miles, WRX FPR, MAF bypass, lightened underdrive pulley, formerly AppstateSVX's

Last edited by craftylandshark; 01-12-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftylandshark
If I can't manage the 1100 by Saturday, I'm sure he'd deliver it to you just as readily as he would to me, if you have the space to keep it. If not, I'd be glad to foot the money for a storage facility just to have the car close at hand and to have access to the tranny. I'd love to get up with you about doing something to get this car close to us. Call me - 336 416 4369
Hey, been traveling and just got back to the site. I'll give you a call. As of right now I don't need any parts. If the driver's seat is good that might work but everything else on mine is fine. Honestly, I don't know how long I'm going to keep mine. I have too many cars right now anyway so I hate to invest too much.