Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 09:00 PM

Question couple questions about my svx problems

hi
I just had my svx checked at Wilkins Subaru in Gen Burnie MD.
I got list of problems but couldn't talk to the tech when i was picking her up(will call them on mondey)
my questions are:

-i have play in right tie ROD end :IS THIS ADJUSTABLE? OR NEED TO BEE REPLACED?
-front sway bar links are bad:IS THIS ADJUSTABLE? OR NEED TO BE REPLACED? WHEN REPLACING SHOULD I INSTAL NEW BUSCHINGS?

CAN THOSE THINGS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ALIGNMENT PROBLEMS(HAD ALIGN.DONE 2 TIMES IN LAST 4 WEEKS AND SHE STILL PULS RIGHT)?

-I have oil leaks(VALVE COVER,FRONT SEALS) that i'm gona take care of when doing 60K service next mounth,but i also have REAR MAIN SEAL OIL LEAK that i know is expensive to fix so i would like to hold with that and my question is CAN I?(i check oil level daily and is full,i put cardboard uder the car for about a week now and can't see a single drop on it)CAN THIS DAMAGE MY TRANNY IF I WAIT TOO LONG?

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 PM

<<-I have oil leaks(VALVE COVER,FRONT SEALS) that i'm gona take care of when doing 60K service next mounth,but i also have REAR MAIN SEAL OIL LEAK that i know is expensive to fix so i would like to hold with that and my question is CAN I?(i check oil level daily and is full,i put cardboard uder the car for about a week now and can't see a single drop on it)CAN THIS DAMAGE MY TRANNY IF I WAIT TOO LONG?>>

as long as you can take the smell of burning oil on your exhaust and keep the oil at proper level, you can put off fixing the leak at the rear of the engine. its either the rear main seal or the separator plate, my money is on the separator plate. as for the other problems, tie rod ends go bad with time as does any rubber bushing. that could be the cause of the allignment problems.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxpert
<<-I have oil leaks(VALVE COVER,FRONT SEALS) that i'm gona take care of when doing 60K service next mounth,but i also have REAR MAIN SEAL OIL LEAK that i know is expensive to fix so i would like to hold with that and my question is CAN I?(i check oil level daily and is full,i put cardboard uder the car for about a week now and can't see a single drop on it)CAN THIS DAMAGE MY TRANNY IF I WAIT TOO LONG?>>

as long as you can take the smell of burning oil on your exhaust and keep the oil at proper level, you can put off fixing the leak at the rear of the engine. its either the rear main seal or the separator plate, my money is on the separator plate. as for the other problems, tie rod ends go bad with time as does any rubber bushing. that could be the cause of the allignment problems.
hI svxpert I WILL BE YOUR CLIENT SOON !
Old 09-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Loose/worn tie rod ends or stabilizer links/mounts can be repaired, only replaced and none of those parts will cause a car to pull to one side.

I would first replace the valve cover gaskets and the pcv valve. Clean the engine and watch for leaks again. Plugged pcv valves can allow pressure to build in the engine and cause oil to push past seals that really aren't bad.

Last edited by Beav; 09-10-2006 at 06:32 AM.