SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 PM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
why would you make that assumption?

that's like me assuming you have a mullet, are missing teeth, and listen to Krokus because you have a GN.
Crap who told you about Krokus... now if you said Quiet Riot youd have me
I have that CD and tape in the car and poster

Its not an assumption... every single one of the accidents I have seen in the last year around here has been the result of some import driver who thinks they are in the fast and furious

PS Assumption is the mother of all F'ups
Old 01-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr
Crap who told you about Krokus... now if you said Quiet Riot youd have me
I have that CD and tape in the car and poster

Its not an assumption... every single one of the accidents I have seen in the last year around here has been the result of some import driver who thinks they are in the fast and furious

PS Assumption is the mother of all F'ups
well, you assumed wrong - the guy was STOPPED when he was rear-ended. he's also a long-time member of NASIOC, and not your typical rice-o-matic streetracer.

"Happened yesterday on rt-83N in Harrisburg. Tractor trailer (speeding) carrying 45,000 gallons of Liquid Nitrogen rear ended me on the highway, traffic was stopped/backing up. The truck drove up the back of my wrx and pushed me underneath the stopped tractor trailer in front of me.

It took firecrews about 30 mins to extract me from the wreck. They cut the driver door and driver side a frame, the rest was destroyed in the wreck.

They took me to the Trauma unit, got looked over, and was released a couple of hours later.

It's amazing I'm alive."

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 PM
pnyklr

Thats like playing the lottery an accident involving an import that has nothing to do with the guy driving the import driving like a fool

Must be something in the air of the want to be fast and furious people

Over the past 5 years i've come to the conclusion that the only reason why these 'boy racers'/ricers do what they do is for the simple fact of being different.

How it is to most import guys .... quoted from anti-rice.com

Let's face it folks, those body kits dont add any aerodynamic properties to the car, nor do they reduce weight or even look good, and please dont get me started on whale tails, MOMO and APC.

The body kit has evolved over the years from being a cheap way of getting the "lowered" look without actually having any mechanical ability. Then it progressed to the long list of excuses to "it makes my car more aerodynamic", once again their theory was shot down in a matter of milleseconds. Now, its finally come to rest at the "i just want to look different than every other car out there". Ok, i can respect that... Since we are all car enthusiasts, i'm willing to help out, give some tips to those who want to be different.

First, you must have a wing/tail/spoiler. Not only are these a very simple install on your whip, but they make your car look aggressive and powerful, much like the alpha male in a wolf pack.

Secondly, to be different you have to have at the very minimum a 19" chrome wheel, and if you can afford it, Sprewell's. The stock rim is a pathetic attempt at styling, and to be honest you know what looks best. Stock in this area is extremely boring, who wants to look at stock rims?

Third, ...whats that sound? I cant hear anything either... that must because you have a stock exhaust. That just won't do, not only can you customize the total look of your car, you can create its own custom sound signature!! Remember, bigger pipes equal more air flow and better effeciency from your motor.

Fourth, window tinting. How careless of the factory not to already half lemonize your window with half yellow limo tint and half smoke? This can add much value to your ride, always be prepared and bring a quality squeege.

Fifth, mono wiper. Let me tell you if i had a dime for every argument i got into with a mechanical engineer about how ineffecient a dual wiper system is over the single wiper, i'd be a rich rich man.

Sixth, interior detailing. This is an easy thing to over look since you are the only one who sees the interior while your driving right? Wrong, those hunnies on the corner of Hollywood and Vine will always check a ride over thoroughly before they get in the car of just anyone's car. Make sure yours is accented perfectly with contrasting colors to really draw attention to the accents of the car. We all can't forget 3rd grade color theory and the color wheel right?

Seventh, Neons. Nothing says "i've customized my ride so you know which Civic is mine" like a set of neon lights. Strategically place neons in places which will give off the most afterglow of a light, license plates are a great place for those, not to mention your dash board. Driving at night can be hazardous, having one on your dash alerts other drivers to stay away from your ride because its custom and one of a kind.

Eigth, Carbon fiber. Honestly, is there such a thing as too much carbon fiber? I would argue no. Its light, super trick and will never rust so you can have your custom whip that much longer! Besides, what fine hoe ever said to you, "thats a sexy stock rear view mirrror" and meant it!?! I rest my case.

Ninth, Stereo. Be the loudest, its what its all about. You will be the coolest kid on the block with your booming system, not because you like it loud, but because your so deaf that you need it that loud to actually hear the music. Always, and this is a must... Play rap music from some rapper no one has ever heard of to prove that you are hardcore about the music and not some poser.

Now people, i've only given you a little taste of what its like to be different in the world of cars and custom whips. There are millions of other things to customize on your car, you're smart. You can figure out trick shiz to pull off on your car, remember you're the tuner!! If its fugly, it must be different and different is good.

Do all of these things and you'll be different, just like everyone else.

Maybe I'm just venting but it aggravates me all the BS that goes on with the people who think their cars are indestructable and that they can do crazy things and nothing will happen

I'm not perfect myself with driving (only 4 years without a ticket or accident) but I'm just calling it as I see it

Last edited by pnyklr; 01-02-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Hater

*****, are you retarded???

how many Camaros/Firebirds/Mustangs do i see out driving like retards?

guess what? there are just as many domestics that get "riced out": Neons, Cavaliers, Saturns, Sunfires, as well as the above mentioned pony cars and pick up trucks.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Sounds like u need to join a GN forum since ur so biased towards them. a GN is a tin can with a turbo'd pushrod 3.8L... woo hoo I bet a striaght line on a sunny day gets old after a while doesnt it? lol

WRX's have 5 star crash ratings... did they even have crash ratings when ur tin can was made?

Who the hell here cares about ur GN dude? we are subaru owners... if we wanted a Gn wed buy one and obviously ur the only guy here with one so looks like its odd man out for u there homie. Go do ur little quarter mile run in ur Buick and we'll catch u on the flip side.

PS- Dont trash my Thunderbird. its a good car, if i had known all of this all along id have kept it. When youre ready to sell it back let me know.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Quote:
The body kit has evolved over the years from being a cheap way of getting the "lowered" look without actually having any mechanical ability. Then it progressed to the long list of excuses to "it makes my car more aerodynamic", once again their theory was shot down in a matter of milleseconds.
Yeah Im sure you know all about aerodynamics with your brick... Im mean Buick...

GN's are quite possibly the ugliest thing Ive ever seen come out of a factory... aside from the Yugo and the gremlin Ok so its the 3rd ugliest car on earth... lol
Old 01-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
Yeah Im sure you know all about aerodynamics with your brick... Im mean Buick...

GN's are quite possibly the ugliest thing Ive ever seen come out of a factory... aside from the Yugo and the gremlin Ok so its the 3rd ugliest car on earth... lol

LMFAO, there you two go at it....AGAIN

why don't both of you quit arguing about pointless things

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

I believe in another thread i told him to go joing a GN forum... a few others have told him that as well. He sold me a ****ty SVX and Im aware of that but Im not at his throat about it like he is over a freaking livense plate and two key fobs... meanwhile Im paying 2 grand for a transmission in this SVX he sold me... but its ok... I have thoroughly enjoyed the car and just might keep it... havent decided yet.

Chris.. just give it up. im sick of petty arguing with you. if u have an issue Ill let u talk to my lawyer. And u can remove that thing from your signature before i take action with it, dont be a prick about it.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Hater

Old 01-03-2006, 02:54 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Ok can we please stop with this whole import vs domestic BS.

Sure, I admit its strange that a GN owner, who's car can't get anymore opposite than the SVX. One is aerodynamic and while some may consider it slow it builds up to a top speed of 175mph, while the other is a brick that goes 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.

And yes he did start flaming about a model of whom most of the users here are a fan of the make, calling it rice boy material and such. But that doesn't mean we have call his ride ugly and assume hes a mullet wearing, hair metal blaring, toothless grinning hooha. There has to be some of you that think in order for a car to be beutiful it doesn't have to always be well rounded.

And as for pnyklr what and why are you on this forum, just curious? Even though it is cool to have a user who owns one of my favorite cars on a forum dedicated to another which I never thought someone like you would give a damn about?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:25 AM
pnyklr

please see the other post dont hijack this one

Last edited by pnyklr; 01-03-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:33 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
LMFAO, there you two go at it....AGAIN

why don't both of you quit arguing about pointless things

He refuses to talk with me privately or post on the other thread

PS Not around here no riced out F-bodies its civic,Integra, and WRX land around here and the stickers and BS are flying all over the place

The GN is a fun car to drive as was the WRX I test drove as was the SVX I used to own (yep title was in my name !) but the fun factor to me there was just something I didnt feel safe which is my opinion and you guys/gals are over course subaficially prejudice to subies

Ha a new word

Anyway lets all have a good new year and BOXER feel free to contact me off the board, or on PM's anytime you are ready

Last edited by pnyklr; 01-03-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
One is aerodynamic and while some may consider it slow it builds up to a top speed of 175mph....
...falling off a 20 story building?

Quote:
But that doesn't mean we have call his ride ugly and assume hes a mullet wearing, hair metal blaring, toothless grinning hooha. There has to be some of you that think in order for a car to be beutiful it doesn't have to always be well rounded.
i was making an example about "assumptions." i've always like the GN, and i used to own the wimpier Lesabre T-Type.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:01 AM
pnyklr

I liked the Lesabre T-types hell they even made a Lesabre GN believe it or not
super rare

I actually contemplated a WRX motor swap in the SVX when I had it
hell my friend wanted to drop a GN motor in it I was like no thats ok

(The same guy wanted to do both swaps)
Old 01-03-2006, 08:50 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr
He refuses to talk with me privately or post on the other thread

PS Not around here no riced out F-bodies its civic,Integra, and WRX land around here and the stickers and BS are flying all over the place

The GN is a fun car to drive as was the WRX I test drove as was the SVX I used to own (yep title was in my name !) but the fun factor to me there was just something I didnt feel safe which is my opinion and you guys/gals are over course subaficially prejudice to subies

Ha a new word

Anyway lets all have a good new year and BOXER feel free to contact me off the board, or on PM's anytime you are ready
I have seen a couple of extremley riced out mustangs but all the t-birds and trans am's and camaros are either stock or done up nicley so your right on that one. We live like 5 mins away from eachother so i know this. And he is right....all you see is accords and civics with the occasional neon and celica

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: