How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-18-2005, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
I don't really understand the backlash against 4-door "race cars" here... I mean, if you really take that logic to its extreme, "race" cars should only have *one* door... And a seat in the middle. Which means all your coupes are useless and the McLaren F1 is the only car that comes close to being a "race" car on the street.

I think an Evo or STi is a great buy for SVXtra. An SVX is for people who want a Cadillac with Lotus styling and Subaru AWD. And as to the comment regarding building your car up with "blood, sweat, and tears" instead of buying a car that's fast from the factory, I think the rice patrol on this board is looking for you.

I would love to have an SVX again. But my personal needs require me to find a car that gets better gas mileage than my "quick" car (16/27 city/hwy), and the SVX can't meet that requirement. My personal tastes have been leaning towards a few specialized vehicles rather than one nice all-around vehicle. That means one gas-saver car, one "quick" car, and one luxury cruiser. The SVX may fit as a luxury cruiser if I can find a way to update the styling for a reasonable cost.

Yeah that what I was trying to get at, WRX being more practical in general. Say "Timmy" buys a WRX at 18. He gets married at 24, has kids. Doesnt need to trade in the WRX to buy a family car, the WRX is already a 4 door with plenty of space. But if he got a SVX.. might be a little impractical once the baby comes around, and would have to buy a new car. A car he can run around for fun whilst hauling his family (unless he gets n1 coilovers, uber harsh ride) . Yeah I kinda forgot the point that SVX is behind in modern Suby technology, but then again the 90's VW Corrado outhandles many many many modern cars =) SVX is a good bang for the buck, but till this day i'm still displeased by driving auto =( Sure there's a swap avail. but with that money + the money selling SVX, you can get a 2.5RS and those are really swell. Going off topic, sorry heh.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion
Yeah that what I was trying to get at, WRX being more practical in general. Say "Timmy" buys a WRX at 18. He gets married at 24, has kids. Doesnt need to trade in the WRX to buy a family car, the WRX is already a 4 door with plenty of space. But if he got a SVX.. might be a little impractical once the baby comes around, and would have to buy a new car. A car he can run around for fun whilst hauling his family (unless he gets n1 coilovers, uber harsh ride) . Yeah I kinda forgot the point that SVX is behind in modern Suby technology, but then again the 90's VW Corrado outhandles many many many modern cars =) SVX is a good bang for the buck, but till this day i'm still displeased by driving auto =( Sure there's a swap avail. but with that money + the money selling SVX, you can get a 2.5RS and those are really swell. Going off topic, sorry heh.
Behind in Suby tech to an Impreza which the platform dates to 93 as an ECONOMY car. As for your 2.5RS. I never had an issue beating a stock one by at LEAST a second with my XT6. Granted, I could beat a stock SVX with it on an autox as well but not by that much. Having already owned an impreza long before the bandwagon started, I can attest to its ablities and its limitations (having driven all except the current RS) they really aren't that different then the Impreza that most mags said wasn't all that Impressive to begin with back in 93. Sure it was a huge step from the Loyale to that but it is still a cheap car, designed for cheap transportation as an entry level car for subaru.

Does that mean it can't be fast? Of course not, look at the original GTI. One of the fastest buyable car of its day but in the end it was and still is nothing more than a Rabbit stuck with its limitations.

As for the Impreza lineup there are very few of 'em running successfully in a stock class in the SCCA solo 2 nationally. Out of the box they need work, unlike say a Mini which is an amazing package for what you get.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
auto-x addicts are crazy people...... yeah that means u Ben

Tom(drag Racing Addict thinking of crossing over with some suspension upgrades )
Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx

Tom(drag Racing Addict thinking of crossing over with some suspension upgrades )
Better hurry as by nexy year we will probably have flown the coup. Time to move on to bigger and better things like screaming up curvy hills at lightening speeds.