How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-08-2005, 03:02 PM
SvxNordic87

Unhappy Help, basketball net destroyed sunroof

So last night my Svx happened to be parked outside of my garage, and it was under a basketball net. This morning I went outside to see it laying on top of my car. The only part of my car it hit was my sunroof. So now my sunroof has about 6 or seven huge dents on it, and a large scratch from a metal piece that goes way deeper than the paint, and is about 2 feet long somehow making a loop. Since body damage to the sunroof is very uncommon, I dont know how to find a replacement. I called subaru but they havn't called back yet.
Does anyone know how to get a replacement sunroof panel, if it is even possible to replace? I am planning on selling the Svx soon because of college, and I doubt anybody will buy it like this. Thanks

Dan
Old 07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvxNordic87
So last night my Svx happened to be parked outside of my garage, and it was under a basketball net. This morning I went outside to see it laying on top of my car. The only part of my car it hit was my sunroof. So now my sunroof has about 6 or seven huge dents on it, and a large scratch from a metal piece that goes way deeper than the paint, and is about 2 feet long somehow making a loop. Since body damage to the sunroof is very uncommon, I dont know how to find a replacement. I called subaru but they havn't called back yet.
Does anyone know how to get a replacement sunroof panel, if it is even possible to replace? I am planning on selling the Svx soon because of college, and I doubt anybody will buy it like this. Thanks

Dan
My parts car still has the sunroof panel. If I can figure out how to get it off you can have it cheap. It's off of a Claret/black 92', so I'm not sure if the blacks are the same, but they should be pretty close.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

It just bolts on. Easier to take the whole assembly out and ship it that way. Shipping is the pricey part. Think I paide $30 or so to get one to Lee. Burgandy, if you don't feel you can do it, let me know, I'll get one yanked and sent to him. Would probably cost him about $100 or so shipped as it is still in the junkyard
Old 07-09-2005, 12:09 AM
SvxNordic87

Ya, that would be awesome if either of you could get one for me. I think that the black is the same for the 92's and 94's, but if its not, I can just get it repainted. There arn't any dents or big scratches are there? I finally got a response from subaru, and they said the unpainted piece would be 305 and if they painted it and put it on it would be like 650 bucks. There is a chance that home owner insurance will cover it, so if that works i would just go through subaru. I'll let you guys know soon. Thanks a lot.

Dan
Old 07-09-2005, 07:58 AM
red95svx

That stinks. I had a portable basketball hoop fall over on my car during a very windy storm. Oddly enough it only broke a piece of glass on the rear drivers side. It never touched the body. My car insurance covered it which was nice since the glass was more than $400

Dave