Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'll need a place for the night..any help greatly appreciated

I'll need a place as well !
1998 2.5 RS...RIP
1996 Sport OutBack..RIP
Old 03-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeson86
SLO has a Hostel International. It's a nice place to stay, HI is always clean and secure. I think it costs about 20 dollars a night, and it's on Santa Rosa Street. Are we thinking of meeting up there Saturday the 30th, is that the plan?
thanks for the info..no plans on the meeting time yet
Old 03-28-2005, 12:25 AM
THAWA

Farther north I say! *shakes fist*
Old 03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAWA
Farther north I say! *shakes fist*
agreed..however im just happy there is a meet at all..I'll travel the distance this time..then lets say the next meet will be in Sac or SF
Old 03-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Saturday or Sunday?

Hey,
So do we want a two day meet starting Saturday or a one day Starting Sunday? Most of us will be in San Luis Obispo between 12 and 4 so it is possible. Even if everyone does not agree with a two day, those that wish to can of course do it. I'll be there around 12 on Saturday so I'm in for both days. Rojo any word on the food stop yet? I can't wait to meet some of you in person and check out everyone's cars! Weasel your darn gray car better be done and we still have the cage match between WGJ and Electrophil planned. I mean we've seen what they say in the public, imagine the PM's!!

Steve
Old 03-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohopirates
Hey,
So do we want a two day meet starting Saturday or a one day Starting Sunday? Most of us will be in San Luis Obispo between 12 and 4 so it is possible. Even if everyone does not agree with a two day, those that wish to can of course do it. I'll be there around 12 on Saturday so I'm in for both days. Rojo any word on the food stop yet? I can't wait to meet some of you in person and check out everyone's cars! Weasel your darn gray car better be done and we still have the cage match between WGJ and Electrophil planned. I mean we've seen what they say in the public, imagine the PM's!!

Steve
im afraid the damn gray car will be damn teal still..looks like aug for the respray..I can head down late friday and make it there for sat..I dont use a cell so Ill need to know where to show up at cage match eh...hmmm
Old 03-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Weasel 22

ooops..you said 'darn'..see how I think? I interpreted 'damn'
Old 03-31-2005, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Roo Send a message via Yahoo to Roo
decent place

Vagabond Inn

Takes cash (when I worked for the company, at least).

San Luis Obispo

$62.10/night queen bed

$67.50/night king bed

Last edited by Roo; 03-31-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:10 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo
Vagabond Inn

San Luis Obispo

$62.10/night queen bed

$67.50/night king bed

sweeeeeet..thanks for the info
Old 04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Scratch me off the list. I have to move that weekend. I hate moving. Packing sucks. Moving the boxes is even worse. I could always use a fleet of SVXs to help me move the boxes...

Matt
Old 04-02-2005, 09:46 AM
gladysvx

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo
Vagabond Inn

San Luis Obispo

$62.10/night queen bed

$67.50/night king bed

Sounds good. Do you know the number by any chance, or would it be in my AAA book?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
Nordique14-Matt was involved in the Reno meet lending experience, planning and maps, etc. That was a great success according to everyone that attended.

Matt, your ideas for basic scheduling for a Sat afternoon/Sunday meet, Please!
Thanks for the compliment, but I just helped out on the Reno meet. Michelle was the organizer. You can always contact her for some advice too.

My feeling is that with only 2 days (sat/sun) and some folks coming from far away (4-5 hours away), it will be tough to schedule events that meets everybody's needs and does not involve taking any days off work. Assuming most people can get out of bed early enough on Saturday morning , it would be best for everyone to meet for lunch at a central location for a little meet and greet. That way people who need extra time to drive can arrive as lunch wraps up. Since everyone will be together at that point, it would be the best time for a ride on PCH. I find a scenic drive with a long line of SVXs to be the best part of any meet. With the the time change, it will be light until pretty late. Since it will likely be less foggy in the afternoon, I think a ride would be better Sat afternoon than on Sunday morning. Plus, sunset photos of a group of SVX by the coast would be awesome! Of couse, with weather on the coast, you never really know. Then on Sunday, people who need to head home early can take off and everyone who is left can head to Hearst Castle for a tour.

Once you have a confirmed list of people, it is good to get a listing of name, cell numbers and car color from everyone and distribute the lsit to the attendees. That way if anybody gets lost or will be late, they can contact the group.

That's just my 2 cents. It may not even be worth that.

I really wanted to make this, but the timing is terrible for me. Have to move. I hate moving.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 04-04-2005, 04:15 PM

Confirmed list

Ok,
Lets do a confirmed list like Matt suggested. Once we have a confirmed list I will call and make reservations for the lunch. We should probably do convoys if possible that way anyone having any problems will have people with them. Also we should decide on the best routes to take, so anyone with some ideas please post. Thanks.

Steve

P.S. Rojo any word on the food choice yet? McClintocks looks good and is very reasonably priced.

Last edited by Hohopirates; 04-04-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
OK Steve, My apologies for being out of touch, but Mom in Law's condition continues to discourage us, and I've been a bit distracted.
Sat works best anyway with a room for up to 35 or so available but late-ish 3-5pm at McClintocks. I'd suggest arrivals meet/greet at the large parking lot at Avila Beach 11-noonish, then early dinner after a local drive. For beef lovers this is a very tasty choice! Do we have an "unofficial" count yet? I'll be in touch with the Restaurant. The larger the group the better it is to know ahead of time. Thru May 14 Hearst Castle tours are only $20 http://www.hearstcastle.org/tours/ticket_info.asp There are many and varied routes to be considered from the Cambria area upon departure Sunday. As this is "off season" they may be less cluttered and enjoyable as well. Note that the PCH is double-yellow lined most of the way from Ragged Pt North. Those so inclined might note the many wineries scattered between Cambria and Paso Robles as well. This is some lovely country but not the wide open spaces it was 35 years ago when I was terrorizing the local roads

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 04-04-2005, 07:31 PM

Confirmed list

Ok,
Anyone confirmed can post here or PM me. Let's get a good list going, the more the merrier!!

Thanks