Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2019, 04:43 PM

Low Mileage 93 SVX for sale

Hi everyone. I will be selling my two-owner 69K mile Anniversary Edition SVX. This car is in exceptional condition. I bought the car from the original owner to add to my collection of low-mileage Japanese cars from the 90's. I had searched for 2 years to find the best original SVX before I found this one. The original owner was selling because he was in his 80's.

Body, paint, and interior are 100% original. Once I got the car I completely sorted it out doing complete fluid changes, installed a trans cooler, new tires, new steering column (because the tilt function wasn't working), and replaced both front axles. The car now drives as new and I've taken it on two long 500 mile+ trips.

Only selling because I've added additional higher end cars to my collection since I bought this SVX and need the room in my storage facility.

My plan is to have my car listed soon on an online auction through bringatrailer.com. If you haven't seen their site you should check it out because they've sold a few other SVXs.

In the meantime, give me a call at 805-402-2809 if you have any questions at all about my car. I've also tried to attach a number of photos to show the condition of the car, and hope to also have a detailed walk around and driving video available on YouTube before too long.

SINCE I CAN ONLY LOAD 5 PICTURES I AM UPDATE IN DIFFERENT PHOTOS EVERY FEW DAYS (you can also call me and I will send you additional photos).

Location of the SVX: Ventura, California

Year: 1993

Model: 25th Anniversary

VIN: JF1CX3534PH101136

Manufacture date: 1993

Paint Color: Barcelona Red

Interior Color: Beige Leather

Mileage: 69,000 miles

AWD or FWD: AWD

Major service: Oil, Transmission and coolant fluid change 2018. New front axles and steering column. New tires with wheel alignment.

Maintenance Records: Stack of records from the original owner.

Engine Condition: Runs perfect.

Transmission condition: Shifts quick with no glitches (transmission cooler installed upon my purchase). Original owner reported no transmission problems.

Glass condition: All original and in good condition.

Type of tires and remaining tread: Purchased late 2018 (only a thousand miles).

Type of wheels: Factory alloys.

Interior condition: Very good so I'll only focus on the negatives. Slight bolster wear on the driver's seat, but less than I'd seen on any SVX that I ever looked at. Contact me for any detail pictures (I have over a hundred). A couple very slight scratches on the woodgrain on the console. Brand new set of unopened factory floor mats.

Body condition: Very good and original. A couple very small door dings where the paint hasn't been damaged and therefore should be able to be fixed thru PDR. I was going to have my PDR guy do them, but after all the money I have invested in the car I figured I'd let the new owner decide if he or she wanted them removed. Only a few (photos available). There are some paint chips on the front bumper and spoiler, and a couple small scratches on the paint (again photos available). As with the interior though, this is the nicest original body and paint I'd ever seen on an SVX. Most of my collector cars from the 90's have only between 10K to 40K miles, so I tend to be very picky.

Known defects or problems: Really isn't anything wrong to speak of since I sorted it out when I bought the car. Definitely spent a lot of money fixing little things like the tilt column that I could have lived with, or at least wouldn't have fixed if I'd thought I'd need to sell the car. I do NOT flip cars - I keep them and drive them for the long haul. A couple things that I can think of include: the hydraulics on the hood are weak so that the hood sometimes doesn't stay up on its own, you have to push the cruise control button a couple times before it stays on. I'll try to post anything else that comes to mind.

Comments about the car: This really is a nice one. You'd have to see my collection to know how picky I am. I really wish I had the room to keep this, but something has to go, and I don't want the car to stay outside under a cover. I have a 40K mile 1991 300ZX Turbo that I almost decided to sell instead of the SVX, but as much as I enjoy the way the SVX eats up miles comfortably on the highway, the ZX is going to be the better long term investment.

Asking price: The car will be sold to the highest bidder on Bringatrailer.com. If you know the site you know that they require very modest reserve prices to ensure that almost every vehicle sells. Please call me for details about the car as soon as you can before it is listed so that you can see it (or have it inspected).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50 Closeup paint Corner hood drive.jpg (401.9 KB, 715 views)
File Type: jpg 1 Subaru Cover.jpg (458.2 KB, 853 views)
File Type: jpg 75 Door jam ID tag.jpg (976.1 KB, 812 views)
File Type: jpg 53b Rear corner pass.jpg (484.0 KB, 780 views)
File Type: jpg 38b rear bottom driver.jpg (838.3 KB, 824 views)

Last edited by 93 Anniversary; 05-21-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Tags
for sale, low miles, red, sale