SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-05-2003, 07:39 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Exclamation I talked to Rob (copy)

This is a copy of the same post in the network officers forum that I posted yesterday night. Again read it. He is trying to do his share to calm things down. All of you should as well. He had been a nice and he did not take every bait. I know some of us have tossed in a couple of baits here and there to see if he will respond. ENOUGH! If he is not starting it, some of you are. I am not going see people go because of HIM or because of SOME OF US. IT'S NOT JUST ROB AS A WHOLE. I AM BLAMING ALL PARTIES WHOE ARE TOSSING FUEL IN THE FIRE!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys,

I talked to Rob. I listened to what he had to say. I finally told him about the situation and he finally understood that he needs to have some control.

He told me that he did not start all the fights. I totally agree. There are times when we tossed out things at him.

He asked me if the atmosphere will improve if he went away and I told him that it might. He is willing to do the followings:

Wait and find out.

I think it will help. Give him a chance. Don't try to start a fight and toss baits at him. If you toss baits at him, it's your fault.

When you talk to him on one-on-one basis, he is a nice kid. Just don't know when to stop. His argueing days are from the Neon days and told me that he is trying to control them. I think he is and has been until the christian thread.

Let's give him a chance. Add a couple of more moderators (level headed who will not jump on every comment Rob makes), and I personally think things can improve.

He told me that he left the network after talking to Chris and that we did not ban him. I belive that. Let's wait out and see how things go for a while.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Last edited by Seraph; 04-05-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:18 AM

Waiting
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Aww....I got to this party too late. But I see another one starting up next door.

KuoH
Old 04-05-2003, 12:40 PM

Kel,
if you are waiting, there is a good chance that I may not be there at Reading this year. I will drive out later to say hi to you though. I am not sure when. With the current condition of the car, I'd rather leave her parked than drive her around. She is gonna hit 200k miles today.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 04-05-2003, 02:55 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Lwin,

I'm glad you posted this. I meant to send Rob an apology related to the last comment I made directed at him. You were right to rebuke me. It was flippant and self-righteous. So I'll just do it here.

Rob, and anyone else who I may have offended (I even offended myself, once it was called to my attention. Sometimes I'm not all that quick.), sorry.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-05-2003, 03:19 PM

Thumbs up

I am not trying to take credit or anything. I am just trying to calm everyone down a bit. It seems that with the meet coming up and with other troubles on our minds, things are getting a little too hard to control. I thought someone should do something about it and it was just out of the blues that Rob and I got to talk over AIM yesterday night.

I thank you Steve for the apology towards Rob. We all know that things calm down a bit when Rob(Ca$h) was not around. We actively looked out for him as well -- myself included. Why? We needed to take out our stress I guess and Rob seemed like a perfect solution. He started on the wrong foot in the forum. He is *trying* to change. He has changed a lot since the first time. But it is not something that you can do it overnight.

At the same time, there are some of us who keep tossing out baits at Rob to see if he might bite. I think that is as bad as Rob trying to start a fight or not knowing when he should stop. Just stay away from each other for a while and I think we can calm everyone down and we'll take a look at the situation again.

How about that?
Old 04-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Superbeast

You see alot of times that two people that don't know each other that well will get into a big fight and later on get over it and realize that they actually get along really well. Once you've seen the worst in someone it's easier to get to know them better after. I think things got quiet when he was gone, to quiet. He made alot of long threads mostly just by stating his strong opinion. I think he has been doing real well in toning down his posts.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 04-05-2003, 07:48 PM

Registered SVX
There would not be many who would eat humble pie as Rob has done and react positively in respect of mistakes.

I believe I am the oldest posting here and as I have said before I have always seen a lot of character in Rob. Trouble is in calling a spade a spade in the past he tended not to be careful in his shovelling and he upset many. But there was over reaction which fuelled the fire and to the detriment of the network it continues.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Boone

Trevor. You more than most should not be mistaking warm feet for character. Boone.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:28 PM

Registered SVX
Boone, exactly what do you mean ?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
As a child I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet but I detest bull****!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Boone

(regards, I think you're reading him wrong) B.

Last edited by Boone; 04-05-2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:37 PM

Registered SVX
I gather that I am being told that I am talking bull**** by those who are not willing to shoot straight from the shoulder.

Old 04-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Boone

Sorry our posts have crossed. I meant to imply your perception of character is flawed. B.

Last edited by Boone; 04-05-2003 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Boone

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
I gather that I am being told that I am talking bull**** by those who are not willing to shoot straight from the shoulder.
Not at all... see above...