Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2012, 02:17 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Just ordered my new AMR Engineering Coilovers

It has been a month since the last post in this thread.

Is there any update on this?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Registered SVX

we should be ablet to get a better price than $1500 with a good sized group buy, ya think?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
we should be ablet to get a better price than $1500 with a good sized group buy, ya think?
Doubtful, and group buys usually don't turn out too well here.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX

Have these been installed yet? If so, how do you like the ride? If it's pretty comparable to the stock ones I'll be ordering some tonight lol Been waiting a long time for new struts now, so please let us know what you think.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
Have these been installed yet? If so, how do you like the ride? If it's pretty comparable to the stock ones I'll be ordering some tonight lol Been waiting a long time for new struts now, so please let us know what you think.
patiently waiting for word that they are complete.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX

I reached out to AMR and talked to him a little bit about the coilovers. I also looked at a lot of reviews online and everyone seems pretty happy with these so I went ahead and ordered some. He is even having them powdercoated red to match my SVX. I'm hoping they come out well.

The struts are the last thing i need (i think) to get my SVX back into a state that I can drive it again on a regular basis instead of the once a month saturday morning drive around my block to give it some exercise.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

Andy from AMR engineering asked me to pass along that if anyone else is interested in ordering some of the coil-overs he is giving us a discount right now. Currently he is gathering the components for the ones that have been ordered but if anyone else wants to get in, he'll sell them for $1400/set. For another $95 they can be powder-coated.

If you're interested, now is the time to order to he can get them in with the first run. Just an FYI
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Registered SVX

direct bolt in?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM

Do these have camber adjustment in the front top hats? and as people have asked, what spring rates are these being setup with to start?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesy View Post
direct bolt in?
Guaranteed. After all, they're made in the USA

Hacksaw not required.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 09-03-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM

Whatever spring rate u want
Old 09-03-2012, 06:36 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
Do these have camber adjustment in the front top hats?
This reminds me.. do these have caster adjustment? Is the top hat like one them K-mac front mounts?

Tell the AMR guy that I have interest in these, but there is no way I'm putting out a dime until a member here has them bolted on a car without issues, and gives them the thumbs up.

If that means it cost me a little more..its worth my piece of mind..
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

I echo Lookin4SVX's comments. I have, as well as many other members, have been burned too many times to blindly purchase an unproven product. We unforutnately let our emotions get the better of us. I desparately want this suspension system but only after proven, positive feedback.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

I can understand that, I thought the same thing for the longest time I have just gotten tired of waiting and that has over-ruled my good judgment. For years I've waited for others to take the leap first and seen them get burned so this time I'm willing to take one for the team if needed and try them out.

As soon as I have them, i'll get them put in. I've already talked to my mechanic and he's ready to to the work the day I get them in the mail so with any luck I'll be able to give a review of them fairly quick.